PDA

View Full Version : My newest rescue..... Chester

kimlovescats
02-05-2003, 05:52 PM
My husband and I rescued this kitten from the outdoors.... the woman had allowed her mother cat to give birth outdoors, and the babies were outside in the snow when I picked him up. He has an upper respiratory infection, but I have him on antibiotics, and he seems to be ok for now! Meet precious little Chester...

http://kimscats.homestead.com/files/CuteTonguePose.JPG

jenluckenbach
02-05-2003, 06:53 PM
I saw Chester on the 100 cat thread, and I didn't THINK I had seen an orange in your group before. :eek: Congratulations on the newest addition. An orange male :D you will wonder how you ever did without one ;)

neko1
02-05-2003, 08:14 PM
He's a doll!!

We all love the orangies here!!

smokey the elder
02-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Chester, what a handsome red kitten you are!:D

HayleyRosie
02-06-2003, 07:29 AM
I love him! Post more pictures please.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 10:02 AM
What a cutie sitting there with his legs crossed so properly. :)

Yes, we all love those orangies and now we have another one to dote on. ;) :)

wayne0214
02-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Chester is really an ORANGE furkid. I suppose that the orange color is on his underside also. Notice please, the close-spaced tabby stripes.:cool:

Kim, are there any more kittens like him -living in the snow? He is such a beautiful 'kid.

catlady1945
02-06-2003, 06:21 PM
He is beautiful. Congratulations!

kimlovescats
02-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Thanks everyone ...

Wayne, he was the last left to get a home, luckily they all found homes the first day they were advertised!!! So, hopefully, they are all indoors in loving home as Chester is! ;)

He has the thickest and fuzziest fur I've ever felt on a kitten, it's short but very plush ... hard to desribe. I'm anxious to see what his coat will be like as he grows. By the way, his URI seems to be responding really well with the antibiotic my vet put him on, and he is such a SUPER boy about taking it .... even though it is liquid! He gave him Clavamox with a steroid mixed in as well..... guess that fluffy fur will soon be sporting bulked up kitty biceps too! hehehe :eek:

kimlovescats
02-06-2003, 11:22 PM
This shot is not very clear, but you can see his tummy, and tongue too...hehe!

Wayne... how is your new addition doing? How is the URI???? I hope it's clearing up well too!!!

http://www.kimscats.com/files/TongueChester.JPG

jenluckenbach
02-07-2003, 06:29 AM
oh Chester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me that tummy to kiss and to rub!

Bari_d
03-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Happy endings to rescues are always such good news, and Chester is soooo purrecious! Love the look of your new site, and catgratulations to Chester for moving into such a wonderful home!

Bari et al

NoahsMommy
03-05-2003, 03:30 PM
How did I miss this??? Chester is a DOLL!!! I'm in LOVE!!!

catlady1945
03-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Chester is a lovely boy. Congratulations!

rg_girlca
03-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Oh Chester you are absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on your newest rescue kimlovescat. He is precious.

L. Wayne
03-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Kim, sorry to be so late with this reply. It was started before I had problems accessing this site.

OK on my little Pepper/Neptune, he is really growing into a big cat. His long fur is not presenting much of a problem. As you may know he is a black and gray striped tabby. Also, Pepper has very large feet, which I have found usually indicates a big cat in the making. He is also making him self at home, as Chris has taken a liking to him.

........wayne

K & L
03-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Oh you're so wonderful for rescueing Chester!!! He's is absolutely adorable! Lucky little kitty.

Logan
03-06-2003, 08:29 AM
Kim, somehow I missed this too! But better late than never!! Chester is adorable. Thank you for providing him a warm and wonderful home!! :)

kimlovescats
03-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Sounds like your bunch is doing great, Wayne!!!
Thanks everyone for the nice comments on Chester.... I have actually just placed a newspaper ad ... pleading for people with unwanted litters to bring them to me instead of taking them to the pound. So far I have 2 brothers from a litter! They are about 6 or 7 months old. The orange and white purrs and loves, the blue eyed one enjoys being petted, but is still VERY scared! I sure wish some wonderful person from Pet Talk could take these boys!!!!

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/Rescues3_5_03.3.jpg

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/Rescues3_5_03.2.jpg

jenluckenbach
03-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Kim, it would be dangerous for me to live any closer to you.:D Those two are precious. Keep us posted on their situation.