PDA

View Full Version : 21 year old kill himself on webcam

Ann
02-04-2003, 11:42 AM
I just read this (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/story/56497p-52905c.html) article...

It makes me so very sad... I can't belive there are people like those disgusting bastards that cheered him on. It sickens me...

And I thought it was sad that the article was more focused on how he was trying to be "hardcore" in front of the other chatters instead of how he probably was very unhappy in life. Poor thing... I hope he will rest in peace.

luckies4me
02-04-2003, 11:45 AM
OMG!:mad: How could they do that to him? That is so sad!:( :( :(

What a waste, he was so young. :(

lovemyshiba
02-04-2003, 12:12 PM
disgusting.....
I hope he rests in peace also, and that these others have some sort of consequenses for their actions

Nomilynn
02-04-2003, 01:31 PM
That is SO sad.. :(

slleipnir
02-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Thats just sick people would cheer that on!! It's so saddning :[

Aspen and Misty
02-04-2003, 02:19 PM
That is so sad. I hope the others get in trouble and I hope they live with the guilt that they have killed someone for the rest of there lives.

I hope he rest in peace. Poor guy :(

Ash

neko1
02-04-2003, 05:23 PM
OMG what a horrible story. That kind of thing really saddens me.

primabella
02-04-2003, 05:54 PM
sad and sick at the same time. :(:(

iceyshiver21
02-04-2003, 06:04 PM
THAT IS pathic, sad, horrible, discusting, retarded, sick, dumb, stupid, pathic, sad, horrible, discusting, retarded, sick, dumb, stupid, pathic, sad, horrible, discusting, retarded, sick, dumb, stupid, pathic, sad, horrible, discusting, retarded, sick, dumb, stupid, YA thats really what i have to say.

Soledad
02-04-2003, 06:17 PM
That is just beyond sad.

Dixieland Dancer
02-04-2003, 08:57 PM
I did not read the story. I can only imagine what it said but by the response of others, I am not missing anything. I don't understand why this needed to be shared with a Pet Community though! OH Well! :(

Ann
02-05-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
I did not read the story. I can only imagine what it said but by the response of others, I am not missing anything. I don't understand why this needed to be shared with a Pet Community though! OH Well! :(

This is the general forum, right? Can't anything be posted in here, not just pet related stuff?

You see, I feel the need to share things like this. I feel the need to tell others when things like this happen, just like I feel the need to speak up in threads about the USA, politics, religion or whatever. You think I'm a bad person for that, but you know what? I bet you've done the same... You're a Christian, right? As one, I'm sure you've witnessed before. Telling someone they will burn in the fiery pits of hell forever unless they accept Jesus Christ into their hearts. Isn't that really comparable to what I do? I think so atleast.

Cookiebaker
02-05-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Ann

You see, I feel the need to share things like this.

That article was so upsetting!! Why would you want to share something that was so dark & ugly??? If you quit surrounding yourself with the dark stuff, you might actually see the beauty that is out there, and find something really worth sharing!! It is NOT the same as witnessing for Christ. Jesus Christ is a source of light...NOT DARKNESS!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

Ann
02-05-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Why would you want to share something that was so dark & ugly??? If you quit surrounding yourself with the dark stuff, you might actually see the beauty that is out there, and find something really worth sharing!! It is NOT the same as witnessing for Christ. Jesus Christ is a source of light...NOT DARKNESS!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

*sigh*

How do you know I surround myself with only "dark stuff"? Seriously...

Things like this happen in the world, and I do feel the need to share it instead of just closing my eyes to it. People like you who ignore it just contribute to it happening more and more. If people had acknowedged this guy's problems and depression and tried to help him, maybe he would have been alive today. Did you ever consider that?

And yes, I still think this holds quite a resemblance to Christian witnessing. I did however know that by mentioning that I would be branded as an "evil blasphemer" but oh well... I do what I feel is right just like you do the same.

BTW, how come posting about the Columbia space crash is alright, but posting about this isn't? Really, what's the big difference? They both involve death and are both sad. Perhaps it all just depends on who posts it?

Pam
02-05-2003, 06:20 AM
It seems the only time that Ann comes out of the woodwork is when the thread is political or religious or has shock value. I have yet to read anything uplifting from her. To be honest she has been on my Ignore list since the last round we had with her but I decided to read this since I was quite sure she was attacking Dixieland Dancer. Unfortunately I was right. :(

Former User
02-05-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Ann
Perhaps it all just depends on who posts it?

Ann, it's not "perhaps", it's for sure. Had someone else posted this but you, this woulnd't have happen. I can only wonder how you still have will to post, since most of the things you say, always gets put down.

Everyone here has a freedom of choice, if the title of the thread doesn't please you, DON'T open the thread then, geez, no-one is forcing you to!

iceyshiver21
02-05-2003, 07:02 AM
I dont know bout anyone else, but I like knowing whats happining around me and hearing other opinons on things, I dont think there is anything wrong with this post. I mean if there was a lie or somthing not true in it then maybe. But its the truth and it happend and we cant just block it out what has happend, we HAVE to beaware so we can provent it from happing.

**Thanks for posting, because I didnt hear about it from anyone else, and if you hadn't posted I would not have known. Thanks again.

Ann
02-05-2003, 07:11 AM
Pam, you know exactly how I feel about you. I will not speak of or to you, period. How about you do the same? If you keep this up even more I might even "attack" for real :rolleyes:

Niina, thanks. I guess I just don't give up on people. There are people like you around here still, and that's why I keep posting I guess. I'm glad you guys are here :)

iceyshiver21, thank you :) I'm very glad to hear that from you, that made everything worthwile.

Tanya&Fritz
02-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Ann
Pam, you know exactly how I feel about you. I will not speak of or to you, period. How about you do the same? If you keep this up even more I might even "attack" for real :rolleyes:

WHAT? Did I miss something here? Ann, Pam is a wonderful person. Pam, I still love you :D I always look forward to Pam's posts and pictures of her beautiful Bella and Ripley. Honestly, Ann, I'm not an argumentative type of person, but have you ever heard the expression "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" Do you even have pets? Or are you just on this board to cause %$#$???

Ann
02-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Tanya&Fritz
WHAT? Did I miss something here? Ann, Pam is a wonderful person.

If you had read some of her PMs or emails to me perhaps you would change your mind.

If you don't have anything to say in concerns to this thread, don't bother posting. You're her friend so of course you're going to be on her side, no matter what. That's all fine and dandy, but can you stop making this thread off-topic now?

Originally posted by Tanya&Fritz
Honestly, Ann, I'm not an argumentative type of person, but have you ever heard the expression "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" Do you even have pets? Or are you just on this board to cause %$#$???

Have you ever heard the expression "Silence may golden...but sometimes it's just plain yellow."? Or how about "In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up." said by Martin Niemoller?

Besides, how is this such a "non-nice" thread? It's not as if I said "Look at this dumb kid who killed himself, it's good the world is rid of that moron!" now is it?! I made a thread about how sad it was and to hopefully make people see how severe depression can be. The only "non-nice" things were comments by Pam and others that had nothing to do with this discussion in the first place. Maybe you should follow what you preach.

Yes, I have pets. Shows how much you know about me :rolleyes: I have over 1700 posts I belive, the majority of those dedicated to pet discussions. But that's not everything I am interested in, and this is till a general forum is it not?

Seriously, sometimes I wonder why I even bother...

Tanya&Fritz
02-05-2003, 10:47 AM
WOW :eek:

I think I'm in trouble :D :D :D

I'm sure there must be some anger management courses offered in Sweden. Maybe you should think about it?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I said my peace. It's a beautiful sunny day here in Canada today and I'm in a great mood :D I presume it's dark and stormy in Sweden and everything sucks :D

Pam, keep your head up and remember the source. Don't worry about me, my head is always up!!!

Ann
02-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Yuppers.

Some people just aren't worth it.

luckies4me
02-05-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm not even going to comment.....wait I just did, lol!:rolleyes:

Christiansmommy
02-05-2003, 11:51 AM
I have to say that it is a very depressing thread. Granted, you have the right to post what you want. But all i have to say, is that Pam wouldnt have felt compelled to say anything, until you offended our religion. Thats when YOU made it personal.

It started when you didnt like Dixieland Dancers reply...but i think she made it plain and simple and it didnt deserve a rude and very personal and offensive reply. I am a Christian, just like Pam and Dixieland Dancer, and i have to say, that if you wouldn't have blaintantly stated such an obserd (not to mention extremely offensive) statement about what YOU percieve as what Christian's do when witnessing, than I think Pam wouldnt have felt compelled to speak out.

There are repectful people in all different religions in this world. And there are people that give certain relgions a bad name and whoever witnessed to you in the past and gave you the impression that you are gonna burn in a firey pit if you dont accept Christ, must have gone about it in the wrong way, and i am sorry that you were exposed to someone like that...they obviously didnt share with you all of the love that Christ has to offer and just chose to "judge" you and tell you that you're gonna burn in hell. Granted, Christianity, is based on accepting Christ and believing in Him and in turn, you can have the assurance of eternity in Heaven...we are not all people that point the finger at non-christians and say straight up" you are gonna burn in hell"...unfortunately some people go about it that way...and shame on them...they should share what a beautiful and uplifting thing it is to become a Christian and to know Christ in a personal way.

With all of that said, sorry for being long-winded, i wouldnt have brought any of this up, but you were the first one to bring up Christianity, being that I am a Christian, I did feel the need to speak up.

Hopefully, this discussion can come to end, knowing that when we all come together on the internet, we are people of all different religions and nationalities and we are NEVER going to all agree...and to understand that things can be said that maybe shouldnt have been, just like real life relationships, and to not take things so much to heart. Instead of exposing anyone else to having to read a thread filled with name calling , why not end it here and continue on with what this board is all about...Pets and the People who love them!

Ann
02-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
But all i have to say, is that Pam wouldnt have felt compelled to say anything, until you offended our religion. Thats when YOU made it personal.

How did I offend you religion?! I simply made a comparition (which I still find valid). Seriously, why are things taken so out of context? I never meant to offend Christianity in my post, I simply tried to make an allegory so she would understand where I was coming from. And knowing how passionate people are with their religion I was honestly hoping she would see where I was coming from, but I guess so wasn't the case.

And trust me, me and Pam go way back. She would have made a comment in here no matter what, as long as it would belittle me.

Originally posted by Christiansmommy
It started when you didnt like Dixieland Dancers reply...but i think she made it plain and simple and it didnt deserve a rude and very personal and offensive reply.

She was the one that didn't like my post, not the other way around. And I honestly and totally fail to see how my response to her was rude, personal or offensive. I so can't see that.

It's sad to see that no matter how pure your intentions are they can always be twisted into something evil.

Christiansmommy
02-05-2003, 01:03 PM
I took your allegory about Christianity to be very unfriendly, and speaking from a Christian's point of view, it's not truth, but just an opinion and I took it as a very harsh and irrational opinion...

I find it quite the irony in this statement that you just made:"It's sad to see that no matter how pure your intentions are they can always be twisted into something evil."

The intentions of a Christian witnessing are a very pure thing, and you seem to have turned that into something evil, by depicting it in your allegory as you did.

Anyway, it really isnt worth going on about this, I have no problem with you, as a person, just had a problem with your interpretation of Christian's witnessing.

You made your point as well as everyone else, so I see no need in furthering this, unless its gets taken to a board devoted to debates.

Dakota's Mommy
02-05-2003, 03:00 PM
That's just wrong. I hate hearing that things like this have happened. It makes me feel very sorry for the families of the people who were hurt in this!

iceyshiver21
02-05-2003, 06:39 PM
OK OK, PEOPLE, ya wanna fight, I can build a ring and get you some boxing gloves! LETS BE HUMANS some time I wonder why where running the world when dogs and cats dont have such fits as these! I mean you want to fight this out find another way, then throught this post OK, or throught flooding each other inboxes with hateful pm's.

**Just ignore each other. ok we all come here for one reason the love of our pets. How about we keep that in mind next time before we fight, please.

**Ann thanks again for bringing this sad news to my attention

kingrattus
02-05-2003, 10:35 PM
What the hell is wrong with u people!!
Pam stop replying to Ann's posts PERIOD!
I have no idea who Pam is but I know many of Ann's posts have ticked me off, but all I can say is ohwell, people get angry all the time, for instance, ME RIGHT NOW!!

1 reason I left this place was cause of all the fighting, I came on tonight cause I was bored & had nothing better to do.

People have got to stop with this Religion BS (fighting)!! Its driving me up the WALL!! I'm a catholic & I'm not religious anylonger because I see ALL religions as the root of Evil. All religions do is fight & fight & harrass me at 10:00 at night or 6:00 in the morning & did I mention fight? Look at many of the wars. Many of them are about religion not just power. This is my warship space, not its not its mine! WHO CARES JUST SHARE IT!!

But this is my belief. I have no problem with people who are religious as long as they don't try to force it on me or freak out cause I have a different opinion. I use to go to church with my friends because neither of them had a problem with my beliefs & we never faught over religions, disscussions yes, but never faught! I've been to 4 different religous churches & they all welcomed me, & they knew I was a none believer, but they didn't care because I was THEIR FRIEND!!!

PERSONALITIES MAKE FRIENDS, NOT RELIGIONS.

& like a few people have stated already, this is General Chat, which means it has no main topic. & I agree 100% with Ann that it was ok to talk about the Shuttle that crashed & severl people died, but its HORRIBLY WRONG to talk about a kid who ODed & died. AS I last saw it death is death, no matter how it happened. I also agree with someone elses statement, it u don't like the topic/post no one is forcing u to read it

I'm sure many of u had read the not so nice post I received because I owned a snapping turtle. Did anyone see a bad reply from me?? OF COURSE NOT!!! & it was even directed right towards me, All I did was PM an angry reply.. Its that easy people!!

Jess :mad:

Nomilynn
02-05-2003, 11:38 PM
When I first read this article I was very saddened and I was glad Ann posted it. I have a friend who I only talk to online and sometimes he's suicidal, and this really made me realise what he might go through sometimes. I really appreciated the post.

I did not understand the connection to religion. Honestly, I still don't. I really don't see how this is like witnessing. Ann, I would like to understand how you made that connection - could you PM me? I, too, am a Christian, and at first, I was offended about the comparison, but after thinking about it more I realise I want to understand rather than fight about it.

Again, thank you for posting the article. I really appreciated this information.

Ann
02-06-2003, 06:12 AM
Wow, this was surprising. Thanks everyone :)

Nomilynn, the PM is on it's way.

Rocky'smomma
02-06-2003, 07:37 AM
I am outraged! How terribly sad:(

Ann
02-06-2003, 07:46 AM
I know :( I can only imagine how his mother feels... She must feel so guilty.

I think a lot of people these days thinks suicide is only something teens do for attention. I would know, cause I was one of them once. Someone very close to me once tried to OD on sleeping pills, and I knew he had been very depressed, but never thought it would go so far. Thankfully he didn't take many enough to kill him or permanently damage him, but it sure as hell taught me a lesson.

The thing with suicide is that it's both the most cowardly thing you can do and the bravest (IMHO atleast). It's cowardly because you leave everyone who cares about you behind without even trying to make things better, and it's brave because... Well... I tried to take my life once. I was going to jump of a bridge in California once, after I got the news that my vision in my left eye was permanently gone and that I had Syndrom X which might develop into Diabetes. I didn't go through with it (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here now would I LOL) but I did realize how much guts it takes to do it.