PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat like peanut butter???

moosmom
02-04-2003, 07:11 AM
I was eating breakfast yesterday. A bagel with peanut butter and coffee. Moo, being the junk food pig that he is, got in my face and started licking the p-b off the bagel!!! :eek: I never knew he liked it before.

Do any of your pets like it? I just find it a little weird that a cat would like p-b.

Truzz
02-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Yes!

....you eat bagles with p-b?! lol thats different!

catlady1945
02-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Yes! My elderly gal, Patty, loves it. Must be the protein. I made myself a p-b sandwich to take to work and left it on the counter in a sandwich bag and the next thing I knew Patty was running for the basement with the bag in her mouth. We dare not leave anything with peanut butter on it or they will be licking it.

I_love_cats
02-04-2003, 09:30 AM
I never eat peanut butter soo I wouldn't know if my cats like it. My cats are weird, they like butter. One time, Sabrina, she was licking the butter of the bread. I don't why they like butter, i think it is kind of strange. None of cats like peanute butter but that is a bit weird too.

Randi
02-04-2003, 10:55 AM
Peanut butter! I don't think I've had that since I was an au pair in England. Have to get some! :D I wouldn't be surprized if Fister likes it. ;)

Have you tried with Marmite? :rolleyes:

Russian Blue
02-04-2003, 11:01 AM
I always eat my bagels with peanut butter!!

But no, so far Nakita has no interest (except french fries) in human foods!

;)

Edwina's Secretary
02-04-2003, 11:25 AM
I will have to ask my husband this one! There are a couple of foods which I have never and will never eat. In fact...I prefer to leave the room (because of the smell) when he eats peanut butter on...yes..his bagel and when he shares his tuna with Edwina.

BTW...he puts honey on top of the peanut butter on his bagel!

Truzz
02-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by I_love_cats
I never eat peanut butter soo I wouldn't know if my cats like it. My cats are weird, they like butter. One time, Sabrina, she was licking the butter of the bread. I don't why they like butter, i think it is kind of strange. None of cats like peanute butter but that is a bit weird too.

Minou also likes butter. I give him some when he gets fur balls.

boscibo
02-04-2003, 12:09 PM
I can't say I've ever offered peanut butter to my cats. What is funny about cats is how sometimes they will have a favorite people food, like Nakita and her French Fries. When I was a growing up, we had a cat named Misty. Her favorite thing was saltine crackers. She would come running from anywhere as soon as she heard someone opening the bag of crackers. Growing up in a house with 3 kids, that cat had plenty of begging opportunites, but she went simply nuts for saltines, and ignored almost anything else we ate!

popcornbird
02-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Peanut butter on bagels?!? :eek: I only put cream cheese or butter on bagels. Maybe I should try peanut butter. :)

Nomilynn
02-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Nutmeg likes PB :) Once I was eating something with PB (I put it on toast and bagels, but only multgrain bagels ;) ) and she got some really stuck to her nose becasue she came and sniffed. For the next ten minutes she was busy licking her nose! I was laughing so hard I could barely finish! :D

moosmom
02-04-2003, 01:51 PM
:rolleyes: Yes, peanut butter on a bagel, toasted of course. It's got fat, protein and carbs in it.

I also share my tuna (when I make a sandwich) with my cats too! :D

Randi, what is Marmite?? Is that like jelly, jam or marmalade???

julijul
02-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Yup, my two also like Peanut butter. I onced used peanut butter as a treat with a pill hidden in it...also tried to use peanut butter as a distraction for clipping nails!! (That did not work as I hoped - peanut butter was ALL OVER the place!!:rolleyes: )

RussianBlueKitty03
02-04-2003, 04:40 PM
hmmm thats a new one. Peanut Butter and Cats?

neko1
02-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Hmmmm...never tried giving them peanut butter. Does it stick to the roof of their mouths and drive them crazy?

rosethecopycat
02-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
:rolleyes: Yes, peanut butter on a bagel, toasted of course. It's got fat, protein and carbs in it.

I also share my tuna (when I make a sandwich) with my cats too! :D

Ha Ha Ha Ha...like jelly...Hee Hee.

Yes, Randi, tell them what Marmite is like.

I'D rather eat the CAT FOOD than the Marmite.:eek:

smokey the elder
02-05-2003, 08:44 AM
I take it that Marmite is vile?:p

PB on a toasted bagel is really good. Peanut butter is probably ok for cats; I haven't seen it on any forbidden lists. The oil is probably good for them. It's good for humans (as long as you're not allergic.)

Randi
02-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
I thought all you americans knew it!! :eek: It's yeast extract. It comes in a glass jar and you smear it on toast in a very thin layer. My impression is that people either hate it or love it.

I like it now and again. ;)

http://www.webelements.com/webelements/elements/media/pics/Co-marmite.jpg