PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got A New Kitten, Any Advise?

snowpw
02-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Well... I got a new kitten after the old one died so I need some good advise to make this one live longer. :confused: :confused:

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
02-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Well .... what happened to your other kitten? And are you even ready to take on the responsibility of a new kitten? You must remember that a kitten is just as important as a child and needs check ups every month for about 8 months which include vaccines and de worming. Whatever was wrong with your previous kitten?? This is too bad. most of the times illnesses in kittens can be prevented with proper treatment. Remember taking care of a kitten is very costly and you must do everything you can to keep him/her happy and healthy.

neko1
02-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Well first off we would need some more information on the other cat that you had. Did he die of a disease or was it old age?
There are no magic remedies that make a particular cat "live longer". Just make sure you bring him to the vet for his yearly shots and watch him for any strange behaviors.

jenluckenbach
02-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Congratulations on your new baby. (and that is exactly what it is...YOUR baby).
Since we know nothing of the older cat that passed on, we can't really help. But we'd like to. Did you wish to give us more informaton?
General things to consider are, vaccinations, keeping the animal inside where it is safe, tests for disease (FIV/FeLV, for example), the proper nutriton, exercise and love.