PDA

View Full Version : What A Week-End!!

lynnestankard
02-03-2003, 03:53 PM
**Week-End from Hell**

I've had to be off line since Friday and am furiously trying to catch up.
We've decided to decorate the lounge, as we have a new suite delivered on 15th Feb. So in the midst of making arrangement - Friday morning, I caught Dan having a crafty spray in the bathroom and what he was spraying was blood !!! So Mummy goes into overdrive and calls the 'white coats' office to get an appointment - 5.15 OK? - You bet!
So we get him there and he behaves like a little prince - he was so good even when having his temperature taken (owwie!) and his tummy and kidneys pummelled - even when his manly bits were being inspected!! Good news - it's a bladder infection. Two injections later we're taking him home - and he fell asleep in the 'porta prison' - a first!!
Following the 'white coat; instructions we put him in the spare bedroom - with his own water and food and of course, litter box. We were told to watch him carefully and if he either couldn't 'go' or looked in pain we had to return - straight away to the vets.
He's been on two tablets a day, and taken them without any fuss or trouble! Then this morning as I took the litter box to clean it he must have been 'caught short'! So he went on the black polythene the box had been on - and it was as clear as clear could be!!!
Course he's in seventh heaven 'cos he's on tinned food (more water content), and even being 'solitary' hasn't bothered him at all!
We let him out at night and he wanders between our bed and his bed!! When I woke on Saturday he was on my head and snoring gently!! Sunday morning he was between me and Don!!
So what a week-end - trying to strip wallpaper, tend to a poorly furboy, shopping for a new carpet and get the new wallpaper and paint and attending a friends 60th Birthday - I'm so glad it's Monday and all I had to do was go to the dentist!!!!! :rolleyes:

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Oh no, another poor baby with a bladder infection! :( Hopefully he's feeling much better by now, and you're getting over your hectic weekend, Lynne. Whew, sounds like you were really busy. Kinda like when you have one of "those" kind of vacations where you were so busy on vacation that you're happy to go back to work so you can get some rest. ;) :)

Here's hoping Danny boy is feeling better soon! :)

neko1
02-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Wow what a weekend!! I hope you have the next couple of days off to recuperate!!! Glad to hear your poor kittie's feeling a little better!

kimlovescats
02-03-2003, 05:13 PM
I sure am glad that Dan is feeling better now! Hope things settle down for you soon! ;)

lovemyshiba
02-03-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Dan is getting better!! One of my dogs had to go to the vet on Friday for an infection also, after she peed all over my bed--she also is on 2 pills, and takes hers wonderfully!!
Get better soon Dan!!

tatsxxx11
02-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Oh Lynne! What a weekend, and what a scare! I'm so glad Dan is doing so well!:) You know you've had a bad weekend when going to the dentist on Monday is a respite!!:D Give Dan a big get well hug from me and the furry ones! {{{HUGS}}}

lynnestankard
02-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Hi folkz - Meowmy's doin eyening an Iz fought I'd let youz knoww I'z iz peein' reall gud - no red stuff in it and Iz iz stil gettin tinny food - I gotta bedrum for myselff and all my own wadder and fud brought to me - onna tray no less!
Fanks for dem good wishez
Miaow from Dan xxxx

anna_66
02-04-2003, 06:38 AM
And sorry to hear about your hectic weekend Lynne. I hope all is back to normal now:D

Edwina's Secretary
02-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Poor Danny Boy! Perhaps he objects to the redecorating? Likes the extra attention?

In any case...get well Danny!!!! And be quick about it!

Randi
02-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Whew! You certainly had something to see to over the weekend! :eek: Let's hope the medicine gets rid of the infection! Glad to hear he peeing lots! :) Keep an eye on him though! And give him a big hug from us!

ChrisH
02-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Oh, boy, what a scare! Get well soon Dan! Please give him a hug from me.

Chris

Dixieland Dancer
02-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Glad your feeling better Dan! Hope your days are on the uphill swing now Lynn!! ;)