PDA

View Full Version : Cruelty Case in Texas :(

aly
02-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi guys, I appologize if someone has already posted this. This is an awful incident and if you have a minute, could you read the story and sign the petition? There are a lot of nasty details but here is the brief statement about it:

Please forward......
Subject: Temple, TX Animal Cruelty Case

This correspondence is in regard to the Jan. 5 incident in which Snow, a six-month-old Akita, was euthanized after being dragged behind a vehicle and left on property in front of the Temple Animal Shelter. An extension cord tied to his collar and a 2.3 mile blood trail gave evidence to the brutality of the incident. Due to extensive news coverage and an accurate (although unexpected) description of the perpetrator, a 74-year-old woman surrendered to authorities and has been charged with animal cruelty.

Concern now exists regarding the prosecution of this case. I am
contacting you simply to advise that both hard copy and online petition efforts have been established to urge the Bell County Attorney's Office to prosecute this case "according to the dictates of the law without regard to the age or gender of the suspect."

A link to the online petition as well as other information regarding
this case is available at <http://www.myhappytails.org/>
www.myhappytails.org. Any interest the Humane Society of Austin and Travis County members may have in signing the petition and/or further circulating it to other animal lovers would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me at 254-899-2231 (home) or 254-913-0615 (cell) should you want additional information or have any questions/comments.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lou Ann Anderson
Vice President
Association for a Pet Adoption Center (APAC)
Temple, TX

lovemyshiba
02-03-2003, 05:40 PM
This was posted in dog general a couple of days ago http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20418

and a bunch of us signed it.

How terribly sad:mad: :(

Dakota's Mommy
02-05-2003, 03:13 PM
I watched this on the news the day it happened. I couldn't believe it, it made me so mad and sick. That's just right up the road from where I'm at. I hate how people can be so careless about these animals around here!