PDA

View Full Version : This "pretend stuff" is so therapeutic...

sasvermont
02-03-2003, 01:04 PM
You know, years ago I went through a self-help/improvement program called EST. I won't go into details, but many of the lessons were performed in playing formats. You would be surprised how many folks cannot pretend. I think it is so healthy to be able to create your own little world of fun and activity and entertainment. The threads about Lut's party and Popcornbird's party and Winny/Gabe are so darn funny and light-hearted. It makes me grin from ear to ear each time I read the posts!

Thanks for playing!

I love you guys!
;)

Ann
02-03-2003, 01:09 PM
I play RPGs (Role Playing Game) in the shape of videogames as a way to have some adventure, be different, escape reality and just to have a lot of fun :) I would want to be an actor, not for fame or money, but just for funs sake...

P.S. I know this probably wasn't what your thread was originally meant to be about so sorry :o

sasvermont
02-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Ann, nope, you are fine/right with that comment, really. I think role playing is good for the soul! Glad you have fun with it as well! Doesn't matter much where and how you do it. It is child-like and very refreshing for me, anyway!

SAS:)

Edwina's Secretary
02-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Actually Ann, I think you captured the idea well! I have read statistics about how much of our imagination we lose as we grow up and....how therapeutic it is to recaputre it...in lots of different forms!

It's fun! and that is something of which we all need more!

Cataholic
02-03-2003, 02:01 PM
You mean this stuff is "pretend"? OMG! My cats are still missing!!! Help!!!

Vermontcat
02-03-2003, 02:23 PM
SAS, we are just here to have fun.:D

Cataholic you silly, your cats aren't home yet because they stopped by Vermont to visit my cat Samantha on their way home from Lut's!:p

catland
02-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
You mean this stuff is "pretend"? OMG! My cats are still missing!!! Help!!!

darn it Cataholic - I was going to say that! You're just too fast:D

popcornbird
02-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Oh no no no! Its not pretend! The birdies are all here, playing and having fun, and also getting sad because they are going home tonight! They are all busy packing and telling each other how much they will be missed and that they hope they can have another PT birdie party next year!

neko1
02-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Since my kitties were all raving about Maya's party, they want to have one of their own!!!

(Oh I love this stuff, it's fun!)

Pam
02-03-2003, 05:56 PM
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed these threads! So much fun and such clever Pet Talkers at work! :cool: :cool: I hope there are more to come!

ChrisH
02-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed these threads! So much fun and such clever Pet Talkers at work! :cool: :cool: I hope there are more to come!
Me too! :D :D

Chris