PDA

View Full Version : Neko Drooling

neko1
02-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Neko hates being pilled!!! Today he was the worst and drooled most of his pill out. But he looked so cute I had to take a picture!

"May I give you a kiss?"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pa39d257101c9000924c10274b02ecd39/fcb1c614.jpg

Check out how far the drool extends
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pa39bd580fc7608c0b444bc8b0a677f59/fcb1c630.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pb63b96669c7c204ee0f56fdea85c294c/fcb1c606.jpg

LoudLou
02-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Hey Look!!! A RAINBOW!! :D :D

Nomilynn
02-02-2003, 05:39 PM
EEEEEEWW!!! When Bassett does that it makes me gag something awful!!!! :eek:

Uabassoon
02-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Ewwww that's a lot of drool, I don't think I've ever seen my cats do that. But I have known a few dogs to drool like that.

kimlovescats
02-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Poor baby .... he looks a little "green around the gills" too!

:(

rosethecopycat
02-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Never mind, Neko. Your other pictures prove you clean up nice.;)

jenluckenbach
02-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Poor Neko. Poor ME. I hate drool. The worst part about where I work (pet grooming) is the droolers. Give me the most foul poop over drool (or vomit) any day.
sorry for the "visual"

neko1
02-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Poor Neko. Poor ME. I hate drool. The worst part about where I work (pet grooming) is the droolers. Give me the most foul poop over drool (or vomit) any day.
sorry for the "visual"

You should see 'em after surgery!!! Every day we clean up piles of dog drool. And it doesn't suck up on a sponge either-you have to lift it up with some paper towels. It's so gross the way it moves around and refuses to absorb!

Russian Blue
02-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by neko1

And it doesn't suck up on a sponge either-you have to lift it up with some paper towels. It's so gross the way it moves around and refuses to absorb!

Thank you so much for that very vivid visual image! Always the perfect conversation for after dinner.

Ick!!

:p

neko1
02-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Hee hee...sorry.

Doing what I do for a living, you can talk about anything! That kind of stuff does not gross me out while l'm eating. In fact, we are always talking about food when we're in surgery. I guess you have to have a strong stomach to deal with the stuff we do. I've been doing it for 3 years so nothing bothers me.

02-03-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by neko1
That kind of stuff does not gross me out while l'm eating. In fact, we are always talking about food when we're in surgery. I guess you have to have a strong stomach to deal with the stuff we do. I've been doing it for 3 years so nothing bothers me.

you have a great job "Neko" ! Must be super to work with pets every day !! :) :) :)

ps. My cats do not drool like this :rolleyes: ; guess I am lucky here , hey !!:D :D http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/clipart/mates.gif

trinity
02-03-2003, 07:30 AM
When we had our little black cat, Samantha, at one point we had to give her pills. Ok the first few times life was wonderful. We faked her out, stuck it in her mouth and that was that. Then she got smart and started spitting it back out at us. So hubby decides he has the perfect plan to make this work...yeah right. We crushed up the pill, made a funnel out of paper, and poured it into her mouth. The logic being if it wasn't a whole pill she couldn't spit it out. Do you have any idea how funny an all black cat looks when they are foaming at the mouth? I think it was kind of the cat version of Alka Seltzer...we felt so bad but at the same time it was way too funny:)

Cataholic
02-03-2003, 08:49 AM
It is at times like this I am reminded about how GROSS you all are!!!! And, how I fit in so well...:D :D

I do so hate to brag...BUT, Tex is so great compared to all the rest. He is the easiest in the world to pill, he doesn't do anything to get away. I don't even hold him, I just push the pill into his mouth. Aside from the occasional "hide the pill and spit it out later", we are fuss free!

Thank goodness- no drool...now, the vomiting, well, that is another story. I had a lovely cascade of vomit down my cedar chest this am. Amazing how the partially chewed up kibble attaches to the wood so nicely.

trinity
02-03-2003, 09:13 AM
I have to wash my normally nice white tennies when I get home. Kunan managed to barf right into one sometime during the night....:rolleyes:

Russian Blue
02-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I had a lovely cascade of vomit down my cedar chest this am. Amazing how the partially chewed up kibble attaches to the wood so nicely.

OK, now I've had it with all you very GROSS posters!!!!

But I must admit, Cataholic takes the GROSS award of the day!

;)

http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/lachen25.gif

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue

OK, now I've had it with all you very GROSS posters!!!!

I was thinking the same thing - what is this a gross out contest!??! ;) :D

Fortunately for me my kitties don't do anything too gross. A throw-up here and there, and Tubby had one of my hairs go through him (kinda long), but not quite all the way so all his little turds were stuck to it as it hung out of his butt. Ok, I'll stop now. ;) :D

The only reason I mention this is because it just happened Friday night. But I won't bore you with the details. :)

Barbara
02-03-2003, 01:58 PM
LOL :D :D

Very good that at least you did not post pictures for all your horror stories :eek:

I am sure Neko would prefer if his drool remained unseen by the public :D

slick
02-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Now I've seen everything!

When I give Max is liquid antibiotic, he hates the taste so much that he foams at the mouth - much like a rabid dog! He did this once before when he was on pills. He accidentally bit down on one and he foamed for about 5 minutes. I'd wipe it away and it would keep coming.

Now I must admit that this is not quite so gross as the vomit and drool stories BUT.....

there's nothing quite like cleaning up a long-haired white kitty after he's had diarrhea and it's streaking all over the condo....

slick
max & speckles

RICHARD
02-03-2003, 03:29 PM
what a useful, all purpose, catch all phrase....

catspit......noun-

c-a-t-s-p-i-t

catspit

My mom yelled "catspit" when she broke her favorite coffee mug.

Chinadoll
02-03-2003, 11:13 PM
awww! Poor Neko :p Reminds me of Joey's cat, Lestat..we joke that Lestat is part St. Bernard. You pet him and will come away with drool...or he'll lay on your lap and then get up leaving drool spots on your pants.

julijul
02-04-2003, 02:16 PM
That is SOME drool!!! Could even rival some of the drool I saw on the Newfies at the dog show this past weekend!!

boscibo
02-04-2003, 02:45 PM
****GROSS OUT ALERT****

This morning I woke up and someone had puked all over my bed! I am a very rough sleeper, and no matter how well I tuck sheets and blankets in, they end up pulled out and balled up.

I went in the bedroom after I had my caffeine, and not only was there puke on my sheets, there was puke on my down blanket! It's not a comforter, it's thinner and lighter - but it has to be brought to the landramat to wash. I had not planned on going ot the landramat today, now I have to. It isn't just a pile, it is smeared all over the blanket and sheets.

It probably happened last night (judging by how dry it is) and me, in my flip-flop sleep, smeared it around!

All Creatures Great And Small
02-04-2003, 04:34 PM
None of this is grossing me out; in fact, I'm sitting here laughing my heiny off at these stories! If you have kids, either fur or skin, you're going to have things spewing out of both ends to deal with. I especially love the description of "poop-on-a-rope" from T&P's mom - :D :D :D :D

My daughter and I often laugh about how we ALWAYS manage to start a disgusting topic of conversation at dinnertime. Never on purpose, but somehow it always strays there. I'm not too squeamish, at least not enough to make me stray from my one true love (food) :o :rolleyes: :p .

Chinadoll
02-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
None of this is grossing me out; in fact, I'm sitting here laughing my heiny off at these stories! If you have kids, either fur or skin, you're going to have things spewing out of both ends to deal with. I especially love the description of "poop-on-a-rope" from T&P's mom - :D :D :D :D

My daughter and I often laugh about how we ALWAYS manage to start a disgusting topic of conversation at dinnertime. Never on purpose, but somehow it always strays there. I'm not too squeamish, at least not enough to make me stray from my one true love (food) :o :rolleyes: :p .

You said it! My family is amazed and disgusted that I have no problems eating chocolate especially tootsie rolls right after I clean a litter box. It just doesn't bother me. After cleaning up runny poop and vomit from my furry sickies, you just become immune...smell doesn't bother me anymore either...it has to be really really bad for me to notice. You're a true animal lover and pet owner when it doesn't bother you at all to pick dried poop(ferret poop) out of the carpet with your bare hands. I guess I really am immune.

Oh and just for clarification in case anyone freaks, YES, I do wash my hands afterward! ;) :p

Nomilynn
02-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

I was thinking the same thing - what is this a gross out contest!??! ;) :D

Fortunately for me my kitties don't do anything too gross. A throw-up here and there, and Tubby had one of my hairs go through him (kinda long), but not quite all the way so all his little turds were stuck to it as it hung out of his butt. Ok, I'll stop now. ;) :D

The only reason I mention this is because it just happened Friday night. But I won't bore you with the details. :)

LOL!!! I find those poops in the litter box all the time. They look like little nunchucks.. :rolleyes: :) :D

smokey the elder
02-05-2003, 08:56 AM
This is the funniest thread! I'm laughing so hard there's tears in my eyes.

I have a couple gross ones for you.

Grossout #1: Mobius drools so bad at the vet that her carrier looks like a St. Bernard was in it.

Grossout #2: My first cat Mischief had a hairball problem. She used to sleep on my head. Not 5 minutes after I woke up she let go a HUGE *Black* on the pillow where my head would have been. That would have been a great excuse for being late to work: "I have to wash cat hurl out of my hair!":D :)

catmandu
02-05-2003, 09:50 AM
For some reason when the lost cats barf , they do so on the stair landindg or in the doorways , or anywhere else that I cannot avoid walking into. Almost like it was on purpose! But it must ba a coincedence! It must be!

wayne0214
02-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Samantha's drooling reminds me of when I attempted to give Puma some de-worming medicine. She drooled just like that.

Someone mentioned about smashing up a pill, and then giving it to their cat. Personally, I can think of no other way to make a solid medicine taste worse than breaking it up, because all of the "flavor" is released :D

............wayne

slick
02-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Since this is the thread for posting gross stuff - here's what happened to me last night.

Go to bed midnight, toss, turn, toss, turn finally got up and watched TV till 2am. Finally tired, I went back to bed and Max hopped up and took up his usual spot of right beside the pillow, an inch from my head. :)

4:15am - woke to hear Max gagging (and you know what that means!) Rather than jumping down from the bed, he took it upon himself to share his bodily functions with me on the bed. Talk about projectile!! It hit my face and all over the bottom sheet and his whole dinner came up! :eek:

Got outta bed, washed myself up, wiped up excess "stuff", changed the sheets on the bed, then washed up Max (poor boy, he had it all down his bib!)

Whose tired after that! While watching TV again, he had to "go" and I mean "go"! :o After that I had to clean his bummy off. By this time it's going on 5:30am so I decided stay up. Headed out the door for work at 7:30am.

And with all this I still wouldn't give them up for the world!

neko1
02-07-2003, 04:37 PM
OH Max, yummy:p did ya have to hit your humans face with it?!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by slick
It hit my face and all over the bottom sheet and his whole dinner came up! :eek:

Ok, I think this gets the ultimate gross-out award! :eek: :eek:

I can handle it on the floor, on the bed, on the carpet, you name it, but I don't think I could handle it all over my head - not to mention my face! EEeeeeewwwww!!! :eek: :eek:

Nomilynn
02-08-2003, 01:52 AM
Slick - That is SO nasty. That's really all I can say :p :D

Russian Blue
02-08-2003, 02:53 PM
It hit my face and all over the bottom sheet and his whole dinner came up! :eek:

I thought it would be safe to come back in here, but I guess not!!

Back out I go!

http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/schild12.gif

:p

slick
02-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Much to my surprise, it seems that some of you are upset by my reply. Reading some of the other stories, I thought it would be OK to share mine but I guess not.

Did not mean to upset anyone. Sorry folks!

marysmerrycats
02-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Jen and (especially)Neko 1
very disgusting!:eek: :eek:

whats next for you two...touring hospitals and telling the soon-to-be-mothers what an awful experience they are in for? or...
telling little kids how much it will hurt to get their tonsils out??

LOL just kidding, but it was gross:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

neko1
02-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Hee hee, no I would only tell gross animal stuff!!

Neko's still cute when he drools though, right?!

marysmerrycats
02-08-2003, 05:36 PM
ok it seems I posted too soon. many of you have gross stories. well I grew up with 4 older brothers so I am also laughing!

several years ago, I was sick, very sick. woke up, and before I could run to the bathroom, I threw up! got up and cleaned it all , new sheets, blanket etc. then it happend again, same thing, got up, etc.. then again. now I just got a top sheet and threw it over the mattress and grabbed a throw blanket. again
finally I guess I was so out of it or something, that I just didn't notice. the next day I saw I had thrown up 9 times! (lots of laundry!)
OK THIS NEXT PART IS VERY GROSS, BEWARE!!
after my hysterectemy, my incision got infected, and the dr opened it up to drain, and , WOW!!

are you sick now?? my sister in law was when I told this to her!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

boscibo
02-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Much to my surprise, it seems that some of you are upset by my reply. Reading some of the other stories, I thought it would be OK to share mine but I guess not.

I didn't think it was that bad - I mean I hear all kinds of WAY WORSE things from people who have human kids - parents seem to trade those stories and are proud of them, so to me it's no big deal. For example, some of the things my dogs have done (and puked) are seriously 100 times worse, because dogs will eat anything.

neko1
02-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats

after my hysterectemy, my incision got infected, and the dr opened it up to drain, and , WOW!!

See that doesn't bother me. I guess it's because we have many animals come in with sores that we have to keep open and draining, so I see it all the time.
I'm actually glad I can handle some gross stuff. Wouldn't be able to do my job if I couldn't!

marysmerrycats
02-08-2003, 05:53 PM
yeah I guess it wouldn't help your employment if everytime an animal came in to the clinic, you ran out and said oh eewww gross!

All Creatures Great And Small
02-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Our kitty gets extremely carsick on long trips - he drools like this the entire time (3 hours, on the way to our cottage), foaming like a mad dog:
We've tried Dramamine and everything, but nothing helps!

neko1
02-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Aww poor thing! "I want to suck your blood!!"

neko1
02-08-2003, 06:23 PM
It really amazes me how much drool can come out of a little cat. Ya know I expect it from a mastiff but some cats have drool that can rival even them!

Cookiebaker
02-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Ewwwwwww! Ha ha ha! Ewwwwwwwww! Oh my goodness...I am laughing & grossing out so much!! Everybody is so funny!!! I guess I'm blessed that nothing (even remotely) like this has ever happened (yet!). Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

marysmerrycats
02-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Neko1

why do you want to be a vampire?:confused:

neko1
02-08-2003, 10:23 PM
i was commenting on the pic of the cat with the drool fangs

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2003, 12:21 AM
This sure is a gross thread but funny at the same time. :) Luckily none of my cats have ever thrown up on me or even on my bed for that matter. One time Storm had the runs and before I could get a wet towel to wipe his bottom, he dragged his bottom on the carpet and made a skid mark. :eek: This is when he used to eat wet food but now since he's only on dry food this never happens any more. :)

marysmerrycats
02-09-2003, 12:28 AM
neko
I knew it was something like that, but I missed it, Im not all here tonight.
I just woke up, though it HAD to be around 3 in the AM and it was only 11pm

marysmerrycats
02-09-2003, 12:31 AM
Cookiebaker
the fun is ahead for you ! LOL

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2003, 05:17 PM

No need to apologize, Slick. ;) :) It was a gross out contest, and you had to have had one of the winning stories, if not the winning story. :D Most everyone put the big smiley faces in their reply (except me, and I always do, so I guess I just forgot on this one) so I don't think anyone was overly offended - and if they were they could just not read this thread, right? ;) :)

That poor fanged kitty. :( I guess I've never had droolers so it's kinda weird for me to see them drool so much - more than a Mastiff? That's amazing! :)