PDA

View Full Version : I think this is what i have....

Kfamr
02-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Chronic Bronchitis (http://www.lungusa.org/diseases/lungchronic.html#what)

I beleive i was born with allergic chronic bronchitis. I get like this every year, it's horrible. I hate having to go to the doctors, because of the outraeous [sp?] bills and i HATE having my parents spend money. :( I put some vicks vapor rub on my chest, tried to lay down with SimSim.... but as soon as i did, i had a major coughing fit. Mom said to prop myself up, or sleep in one of the chairs... i tried.. i can't. All i ate today was a little peice of pizza and a million ice pops. Sorry for blabbing ; i just thought i'd tell someone.... And since i can't sleep, and can't do anything else.. yah you get the point.:(

sammi
02-01-2003, 10:24 PM
I hope you get well soon. I have had chronic bronchitis for several years and seems like I always end of get medication before I get over. Rest and drink lots of fluids. Did you see the doctor?:(

wolf_Q
02-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear that KayAnn! :( I wish there was something I could do to help. Have you been to a doctor recently? Maybe you should ask them about Chronic Bronchitis next time you go.

I know it's not fun to be sick, especially when you can't sleep...I could never sleep with pancreatitis. Hey, if you need something to do, you can always open AIM. ;)

Karen
02-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Okay - an easier way to sleep with breathing trouble, it looks funny to others, but it works for me, and maybe will for you.

Get two pillows. Sit cross-legged on your bed, and fold the pillows in half on your lap, so they make a nice tall stack. Pull blankets over your shoulders, then lean over, fold your arms and rest your head on the pillows. Nighty night!

This is what I always since I was a child when lying down would make me cough. Try it - you've got nothing to loose at this point, and Simba won't laugh, I promise!

popcornbird
02-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Okay - an easier way to sleep with breathing trouble, it looks funny to others, but it works for me, and maybe will for you.

Get two pillows. Sit cross-legged on your bed, and fold the pillows in half on your lap, so they make a nice tall stack. Pull blankets over your shoulders, then lean over, fold your arms and rest your head on the pillows. Nighty night!

This is what I always since I was a child when lying down would make me cough. Try it - you've got nothing to loose at this point, and Simba won't laugh, I promise!

Aaaaa.....................Karen? The only place I can sleep in that position is on the plane! :eek: I open the food tray. Put the pillow on it. Fold up the are rests (don't worry, its just my dad or brother or mom on the seats next to me) Sit cross legged (actually, SQUEEZE cross-legged..............not easy to sit cross-legged in a plane). Put my head on the pillow on the food tray. Tell my family NOT to wake me up at meal time. Snooze off. (I slept the whole 10 hour flight to London last summer with the exception of 1/2 hour before take off, and 1/2 hour before landing!) I didn't even wake up to go to the bathroom!!! :eek:

KayAnn, I'm so sorry you're feeling down. :(:( Does anyone smoke in your house? I just have a slight cold but I ALWAYS get terrible flus and very ill in the winter. This winter isn't too cold here yet, so so far just colds thank God, but there is still quite a while for winter to leave, so let's hope for the best. Don't you have insurance? It really helps to have insurance when you need to go to the expensive old docs. :( Get well soon!

Nomilynn
02-02-2003, 01:21 AM
When I have a bad cough the only way I can sleep is sitting up as well. Do you have a recliner you could use? I think Karen's suggestion would actually work pretty good.

Get well soon!

anna_66
02-02-2003, 08:32 AM
I know how that is, my mom & me both have it (runs in the family?). It is the worst, your chest burns bad (except the coughing, I think that is the worst part). I usually sleep on the couch sitting up, that's usually the only way I get any sleep at all.
Have you ever been on a (ventilator, breathing machine-not sure what it's called)? It seems to help, but like you said, it's so expensive. I'm glad we have insurance.
Hope you start feeling better soon:)

Kfamr
02-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Last night i slept in my dad's recliner chair, not fully reclined with pillows behind me and Simsim to my side. He freaked out everytime i coughed really bad. And as soon as i got comfy here comes a mean ole coughing fit. I woke up with the biggest cramp in my neck and back pains because the way i slept, but atleast i got some rest. My parents went out to breakfast and when they come back they're taking me to the doctor although I DON'T WANNA GO! I do. but don't. I do because i wanna get better i don't because i hate the doctors.