PDA

View Full Version : I'M BACK

jackiesdaisy1935
08-30-2001, 03:09 PM
Hi Everybody, we had a great time at Big Bear Lake, the pups all got along except for the last night, I think Perry and Sunny got into a lovers quarrel. ha ha. The weather was hot even though we were about 7 or 8 thousand feet high at the lake, in the 90s.
Bear with me on the photos, I only know how to put them on one at a time. I'll do the best I can.
Jackie
This is terrible of me, but the dogs look great. Sunny, Perry, Daisy and Rocky

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/4K/ss/VA/B460277.jpg

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

jackiesdaisy1935
08-30-2001, 03:12 PM
This is the cabin we stayed in!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/cZ/Wq/tS/t419052.jpg

jackiesdaisy1935
08-30-2001, 03:17 PM
This is Big Bear Lake, it is much larger than it looks. I think this is about my limit for pictures.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/H2/1G/OF/pb43511.jpg

Logan
08-30-2001, 03:18 PM
How neat, Jackie! That lake looks so inviting. So glad you had a good time, but better yet, WELCOME BACK. We missed you! :D

aly
08-30-2001, 04:06 PM
GREAT pics Jackie. You and the dogs look wonderful. I always have such a soft spot for Daisy, but all 4 of them are simply stunning.

KYS
08-30-2001, 04:26 PM
Beautiful pictures of Big Bear,
I especially like the one with
you in the wire kennel. :)

Sudilar
08-30-2001, 06:20 PM
Beautiful pictures, Jackie!!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-30-2001, 06:32 PM
Welcome Back Jackie, Perry, and Miss Daisy!! We missed you! I love all the pics! It looks like all of you had a lot of fun! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
08-30-2001, 06:32 PM
Welcome Back Jackie, Perry, and Miss Daisy!! We missed you! I love all the pics! It looks like all of you had a lot of fun! :)

tatsxxx11
08-30-2001, 07:12 PM
Welcome back to you ALL!! Jackie, your pics. are just gorgeous, as usual!! You have the NEATEST vacations! Have you ever thought of becoming a travel agent as a second career??? Maybe one that specializes in "pet friendly" vacations spots! :D I would KILL to have a week at that cabin! Heavenly....And Jackie, you really have to stay OUT OF THE KENNEL!!! Pretty soon Daisy and Perry will be serving YOU kibble out of big silver bowl! :D

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!! Give Daisy and Perry lots of hugs and kisses! Love, Sandra, Star and Cody

Pam
08-30-2001, 07:23 PM
Welcome back Jackie! Your pictures are great as I knew they would be. Looks like the weather was beautiful too. I love the shot of you with a lapful of schnauzers! :D :D

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-30-2001, 08:56 PM
What a gorgeous place to vacation! I love the first pic, with you surrounded by all the kids! Daisy is such a doll - I love the way she stands out! ...Just how rare is a black schnauzer? I've never seen one except for Daisy!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-30-2001, 09:02 PM
Sandra, if I was twenty years younger I would love to be a travel agent specializing in Pet Travel. At 50 I went to Southwestern College and took travel classes, I loved it, but the years crept up on me. I think it is a very good career for a young person today, as more and more people are going to travel with their pets, and I'm not saying just the older folks, but many young will too. The potential for finding travel, hotel rooms, recreation etc for people traveling with pets is unlimited by imagination. How about you? You can always change careers, I did in midstream. Thanks for the nice things you say, the cabin was nice. You won't believe this for dinner we went to place called "Cowboy Steakhouse" it was great and the next place we went to was called the
Blue Whale and our son had what they call
a "New England Shore Dinner" No lie, it was a bucket with a lobster, cherry clams, crab legs, fish, shrimp, sausage I can't remember the rest, we all had to help him. Now the shore dinners I have had in Rhode Island had
red clam chowder, clam cakes, Lobster, steamed clams, and corn on the cob. Gee I'm getting hungary my New England is coming out in me. :D :D
Jackie
p.s. Sandra, you know I would do anything for my dogs even sit with them in their kennel so they don't get homesick. ha ha

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

Daisy's Mom
08-30-2001, 11:51 PM
Welcome back Jackie! I missed you! I'm glad you had a good time. It looks so beautiful up there! As do the sweet doggies :)

Dixie Belle
08-30-2001, 11:56 PM
Welcome back!!! The pictures are beautiful!!!

RachelJ
08-31-2001, 07:43 AM
Jackie, your vacation spot is awesome. I love the pines and the water and the cabin. Best part is that you got to take the dogs. Had I been there Jackie, I would have been right there in the pen with you playing with the dogs.

AdoreMyDogs
08-31-2001, 07:49 AM
Beautiful pics...welcome back :) What a great looking cabin. I would LOVE to spend time in a lovely cabin like that.

Dixieland Dancer
08-31-2001, 08:11 AM
Welcome back Jackie! :D The picture of you and the dogs is priceless. I have been reading some of your posts and it is great to put a face to the family. You are a very special part of Pet Talk and I enjoy your responses very much. Glad you are back. ;)

carrie
08-31-2001, 01:23 PM
I would love to say welcome back to you both Jackie and Don but I'm afraid I'm a bit too green with envy at the moment!
What a fantastic place!

Have you ever thought of adopting British children?
I have two, a boy and a girl, I would have to come along with them, but they are really lovely kids.

(In case anyone is wondering this is only half a joke!!)

jackiesdaisy1935
08-31-2001, 01:32 PM
Carrie, I would adopt you and your children anyday. Wow, I could see it now, you could get here and be alpha and straighten us all out. You would probably have an easier time with Perry and Daisy than Don and I. :D :D
Jackie

jackiesdaisy1935
08-31-2001, 01:45 PM
A couple of more pictures. This is the front of the hotel cottages

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/ve/Mm/Tu/6H78893.jpg

This is one of the log cabins on the lake

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/m0/od/x3/6F70546.jpg

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

jackiesdaisy1935
08-31-2001, 01:49 PM
Don and I on the swing relaxing

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/Oy/Rs/2Q/6J68194.jpg

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

08-31-2001, 03:44 PM
Hey Jackie! Welcome back! Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm sorry I didn't welcome you back sooner! I thought I had. Is this lake outside of L.A - Like outside of San Bernardino? I used to have a boyfriend who lived in Riverside and we drove up to this huge mountain lake and I thought it was named Big Bear... the pics look a tad familiar too. The drive was really beautiful - that much I remember!

aly
08-31-2001, 11:23 PM
It looks like you had a wonderful trip, Jackie. I'm so glad you got to go. Everything there looks so peaceful and relaxing. I could use a vacation like that.