PDA

View Full Version : Bunny treats

Aspen and Misty
01-31-2003, 09:00 PM
What can I feed Jilly my bunny as treats?

Ash

zanzanfergie
02-01-2003, 12:32 AM
well, I can only speak from experience, but my little guys LOVE strawberries most our of anything in the world.
They also like dino treats, but I don't know if you can get them where you live? They're these little biscuits made from wheat and mollasses or something in the shape of dinosaurs, and Zander and Fergus go crazy for them :p , and they're sold in pet shops.
But, apart from that, they love dried fruits as treats too (for example dried apricot, banana, etc). I don't know if they're exactly nutritious for them or anything, but they love them.
Hope this helps :)
Enjoy little Jilly honey! Hope you get lots of treats!

Aspen and Misty
02-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Thanx! I never though of strawberries! I will check my pet store!

Ash

jenluckenbach
02-01-2003, 06:18 AM
try apples or dry oatmeal, but do try to stay away from lettuce.....diarrhea, you know.

Daisylover
02-03-2003, 10:33 AM
My buns LOVE the green carrot tops. They love dill, parsley of course and fennel topo. Fruit, both fresh and dried, needs to be limited because it is high in sugar and can cause diahrrea (carrots too!).....it should be limited to one small piece a week. Blueberries have excellent vitamins in them for buns. I wouldn't buy the bunny treats sold in pet stores...they are all alfalfa based.
Truth be told...buns don't REALLY need treats....it's just that we humans appreciate them, so we figure our furry friends do to.
;)

Aspen and Misty
02-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Well to be truthful :D I am clicker training Jilly. Its been working really well. Anytime I click she comes looking for a Rasion!

Ash :D

Heather Wallace
02-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Awwww, nice idea about the clicking training

Aspen and Misty
02-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanx. I have her now so that when I click she will almost come, but being the smart bun that she is she usually gives me a look of "Hey why don't you get up and come over here to give me a treat why do I always have to get up?" LOL, seesh bunnies :rolleyes: gotta love them though :D

Ash