PDA

View Full Version : There are still some good guys out there

catland
01-31-2003, 06:53 PM
I know that there have been a few threads here in the "general" forum that have been critical of the male gender. I just wanted to comment that there are some good guys out there, and I am blessed to be married to one of them.

Several years ago, when I gave up cigarettes, I gained a fair amount of weight. My wonderful husband never made a single negative comment about that. Now, we just bought ourselves a treadmill and I've started using it every morning. I've only been using it for about 10 days or so, but last night he commented that I looked like I was losing weight:) .

Isn't he just wonderful?

Cookiebaker
01-31-2003, 07:00 PM
I agree with you Catland!! I have been so blessed as well...tonight I had to work an hour+ late, and I came home to dinner made!! I love my hubby so much!!

jenluckenbach
01-31-2003, 07:00 PM
I'll be the second to say that I have THE GREATEST guy. Guess i wouldn't be married 19 years if he wasn't!
Love ya, Charlie (aka Honey);)

Vermontcat
01-31-2003, 07:13 PM
Catland, I agree the good ones are hard to find. Once you find the right one it sure is nice to have them around.:)
(kind of like pets);)

NoahsMommy
01-31-2003, 07:20 PM
I totally agree! God has given me the sweetest hubby in the world. I negelected to praise him after I bashed the other men in that other thread. :(

There really are some nice ones out there...and I beleive we each have a "lid to our pot" as my mom says. :)

mugsy
01-31-2003, 07:38 PM
Well, you all know my sweetie!! He's a keeper too!! I just like to make fun of him! ehehehehe

Cataholic
01-31-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs
You should all know That Most of us men are Perfect. You just have to realize that. :p :p :p :p :p :p :D

Excuse me while I go visit the white throne....

Cataholic
01-31-2003, 08:13 PM
The Only Place you can be Queen. You are Single and would not understand how Great some of men actually are.:rolleyes: :D :D

And, you, my 'friend' are lucky you live in Hoosier Country, or I would be over there showing you something Royal alright!!!!! :D :eek: :D

Fuzzy317
01-31-2003, 09:51 PM
I would like to stand up and hopefully be counted with the good guys :D

wolfsoul
01-31-2003, 09:55 PM
yes guys are great...ecspecially when they love their animals...sometimes i see lone men playing with their dogs in fields and i say "i hope i get together with someone like that." of course the guy i asked out haaaad to be a cat person even though im a dog person lol...figures....;)

popcornbird
01-31-2003, 10:09 PM
You should all know That Most of us men are Perfect. You just have to realize that.

Ahem...........MOST?!?!?! :eek: I DON'T think so! :p:p:p

LOL! Ok, j/k. I don't have anything to do with any "guys" except my dad/brother/uncles/ etc. so I guess I can't say yet.......... for a few years. My "family" men are great though....................well...............my dad and brother and 3 uncles are. But 2 uncles? :eek: I won't say anything about them. :rolleyes:

BUT, they ALL have their super de duper ANNOYING moments! :rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
02-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Well acording to this thread all the women on pet talk have stolen the good men. (j/k) The 2 out of the 3 boys in my grade are great guys.

Ash :D

mugsy
02-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Ash, we're not going to share either!! hehehehe;) :D :p

Former User
02-01-2003, 07:23 AM
I'm also one of the lucky ones to have found a great man, and I'm not planning to give him up. Patrick has got to be the sweetest man I've ever met and his heart is pure Gold. I love him to pieces!

lovemyshiba
02-01-2003, 07:56 AM
I am lucky as well. My husband is the BEST!!!!
It took me a while to find him, and I had to sort through some, um, not so great ones, but he came when I was least expecting it, and there was no stopping us!!! We were engaged after 6 months, and married 9 months later!! Now we have our 2 wonderful dogs, and are looking to buy a house before starting a family. He got me through a rough time in my life, when no one else could help--I just needed him to BE THERE--it seems everyone else I knew was too busy!! And we have so much fun together!!!!
I love him to pieces, and I would never ever let him go.

anna_66
02-01-2003, 08:55 AM
I can't even imagine my life without Mark. He is the most wonderful man in the world:D I wish everyone could have as wonderful men as we do, the world would be a much better place:)

Cincy'sMom
02-01-2003, 09:49 AM
I too have found a great one!!! Ralph is a wonderful husband and great daddy to our girls! How many men would let 2- 65 lbs sleep in bed with us? Brush the dogs teeth? Cook me dinner? I could go on and on :)

moosmom
02-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Okay, as a single female, I am going to give you my theory about "the good ones".

All the good ones are either:

Married
Gay
Priests
Living out of State
Pushing baby carriages
Dead
Crazy
Having Pampers in their shopping carts
Baby seats in their cars
or are serial killers.

I'm sure I could think of more. Anyone who would like to add to the list, please feel free to do so.

One question I have is...Where DOES one go to find a compatible mate :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tina
02-01-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm very lucky to have Rob. Specially since he puts up with some of the stuff I do. So Rob is very special to me. I don't know what I'd do with out him now.

mugsy
02-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Donna, I met Mike when I needed my internet installed and then the puter fixed....so....break your puter and have someone come to the house to fix it! lol

Aspen and Misty
02-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Ash, we're not going to share either!! hehehehe;) :D :p

LOL!!

Hee hee, the only man in my life right now is my Chewy, gonna stay that way for awil, or atleast till one catches my eye ;)

Ash

catland
02-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

One question I have is...Where DOES one go to find a compatible mate :confused: :confused: :confused:

I wish I knew. I met my husband on a blind date set up by a mutual friend.

I know it isn't easy to find the right one. I had given up. I was always lousy at dating and was starting to accept the fact that I was destined to be alone. That is why he is such a miracle to me. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging. I know I'm very fortunate. (he also had a cat when I met him... a very good sign.:) )

moosmom
02-02-2003, 10:22 AM
As much as I couldn't STAND my stepmonster, she did give some good advice. She told me that I'd find a mate when I wasn't looking and least expected it. She said that's how she found my Dad. Okay, I've stopped looking and not expecting it so...

WHERE THE HECK IS HE ALREADY?????????

02-02-2003, 11:03 AM

he he , lol !!!

I was wondering about the same thing 23 years ago !! So , as I had nothing to do , I subcribed to a dance-course for singles ...
Guess what happened ????
I MET MY HUBBY THERE !!!!

So , get on those dancing shoes !!;) ;) ;)

Andie
02-02-2003, 11:07 AM

One question I have is...Where DOES one go to find a compatible mate

Believe me how me and Dust got together would not work with two totally sane people.

I do believe mine is a keeper too. ;) I mean who else will just go along with me when I make decisions that concern the both of us. (Oh Dustin, BTW I got a dog today. Oh Dust, Aunt Mary is giving us a cat.) He just sorta grins and bears it. He even loves me when I go nuts on petfinder looking at animals. (Some people look for curtains to put in a new house, I look for animals :rolleyes: LOL)

tomkatzid
02-02-2003, 11:59 AM
My neighbor joined a dating service, it was $5000. for one year. She was going on trips, fancy dinners and big parties with very good looking men. She said they were all boring and had nothing in common with her. I told her unless ‘Mr. Perfect’ knocked at my door I was not going to meet him. Then after a water damage at my house the insurance co. sent someone to do an estimate. When I opened the door I looked at his face and then his ring finger… not married! When he came in and saw I had a cocker, Tonee, locked out of the area by a baby gate, he got down to her level and gave her kisses, and asked if he could let her in. I knew right then he was a ‘good guy’. He told me he had a shepherd mix, named Shep-ee. Our first date was walking our dogs at the river.
That was August 1st 1995, we were married August 1st 1996.
:D
Tonee and Shep-ee were the bridesmaids. Our flower girl was Sheba, my best friends dog.

Aspen and Misty
02-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
My neighbor joined a dating service, it was $5000. for one year. She was going on trips, fancy dinners and big parties with very good looking men. She said they were all boring and had nothing in common with her. I told her unless ‘Mr. Perfect’ knocked at my door I was not going to meet him. Then after a water damage at my house the insurance co. sent someone to do an estimate. When I opened the door I looked at his face and then his ring finger… not married! When he came in and saw I had a cocker, Tonee, locked out of the area by a baby gate, he got down to her level and gave her kisses, and asked if he could let her in. I knew right then he was a ‘good guy’. He told me he had a shepherd mix, named Shep-ee. Our first date was walking our dogs at the river.
That was August 1st 1995, we were married August 1st 1996.
:D
Tonee and Shep-ee were the bridesmaids. Our flower girl was Sheba, my best friends dog.

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Cookiebaker
02-02-2003, 02:09 PM
That's the best story, Tomkadzid....I would love to see pics of your wedding with your bridesmaids!! That sounds so cute!!

Cataholic
02-02-2003, 02:17 PM
I truly think I have it made. Not only do I have ONE great guy, I have THREE great guys. I can always count on one of them being 'in the mood', always ready to eat whatever I make them, doesn't care how the house looks (or me for that matter!), never strays, always looks like a bajillion bucks, doesn't hog the bathroom (well, sometimes the sink gets a little crowded), no MIL to deal with, and I get to make all the important decisions!!!

Hello to Tex, Tenny and Daks!

tomkatzid
02-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Here are some pictures after the wedding.
It was a hot day the the girls were tired. Tonee (cocker) and Shep-ee (shepherd mix) were wearing gold lame' scarves with white lace and gold hearts trim.
Sheba (terry mix) the flower girl, tried to eat them:)

tomkatzid
02-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Our local paper wrote a little story about our wedding, the heading was
'Couples Wedding Was Doggone Charming'

Cataholic
02-02-2003, 02:38 PM
That is just about the neatest wedding story I have ever heard!!! Congrats on finding and BEING the sweet couple you are!!

Barbara
02-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Tomkatzid: that's a wonderful story.

I also would agree that it is easier to get struck by a flash than to find a good (interesting charming loving whatever you want) man but I managed 24 years ago.

Should it be easier for pet loving women ?

Slave of 15 dogs: whoever has trained the slave existence should be fine with a wife too:D

Karen
02-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Hey, there are plenty of good guys out there. And though I am married to Paul (who is the very best ever) I share him with all of you! Whenever you need technical help on Pet Talk, or a list of all the colors you can use, or just about anything else, he's right there! :)

zippy-kat
02-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
There really are some nice ones out there...and I beleive we each have a "lid to our pot" as my mom says. :)

Are you sure about that? lol

After havin' been in 3 long-ish relationships and havin' each one end in a mess, I've pretty much decided men aren't worth the heartache.

I echo Cataholic's sentiments...

Gimme a cat, dog, bunny, or horse any day!!!

mugsy
02-02-2003, 04:06 PM
OH BARBARA!!! You just made my day!! ehehhehe

I got a great hoot out of your comment to Mike (Slave of 15 Dogs). He just rolled his eyes and laughed!

AmberLee
02-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
...I can always count on one of them being 'in the mood', always ready to eat whatever I make them, doesn't care how the house looks (or me for that matter!), never strays, always looks like a bajillion bucks, doesn't hog the bathroom (well, sometimes the sink gets a little crowded), no MIL to deal with, and I get to make all the important decisions!!!

Hello to Tex, Tenny and Daks!

:D :D :D And I just betya you're allowed sole control of the remote control (unless somebody's napping on it) ... Am I right?

:D :D :D

LoudLou
02-02-2003, 05:56 PM
I kissed my share of Toads before finding my Prince Charming.;)

Turned out he was my next-door-neighbor in the apt. complex. (I used to complain to my friends about his LOUD music.:rolleyes: ) To make this short, Mocha Bean got outside and was gone for 3 days :eek: :( I went next door to ask if he'd seen my cat. He said, "No." He acted SO concerned that when she came home I felt I had to go tell him so he wouldn't worry........ That was 6 years ago! She is now "Daddy's-Little-Princess-Who-Can-Do-NO-WRONG." :rolleyes: :D And I thank God that I will NEVER have to kiss another Toad!;)

COCatMama
02-03-2003, 08:56 AM
I am on the fence about men, still.
But I still remember what one of you said "My man has four legs and a tail" LOL that's my life.

Dixieland Dancer
02-03-2003, 10:55 AM
We have a few good men right here on Pet Talk! :D :D :D :D

I really wouln't want to imagine a world without the wonderful other half that makes my life complete! I LOVE men (especially my husband and of course my Dusty!) LOL

Cataholic
02-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

:D :D And I just betya you're allowed sole control of the remote control (unless somebody's napping on it) ... Am I right?

:D :D :D

As long as it is on Animal Planet, no one gets hurt!