PDA

View Full Version : Big vs Small Cats

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2003, 03:22 PM
I hope Tonya & Kass don't mind, but I saw this picture of Nakita and I was amazed at how tiny she looked.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p6bf639424282b444108eebd4d13ad348/fcea4303.jpg

It got me thinking and I realized K'Cee is probably about the same age since they were both recently spayed. So here's K'Cee.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p804d2d10913f8c32f8c584a772c4f2f5/fd0e3725.jpg

I realize the Russian Blues are small cats even when full grown, and K'Cee is probably part Maine Coone or Norwegian Forest Cat which are both breeds that are big, but I was just amazed at how tiny Nakita is. It's kinda hard to see what I'm talking about with these pictures, but just look at Nakita's tiny bones. It would be so interesting to see these two side by side. Ok, and so K'Cee has more hair so we really can't see her bones. :)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying K'Cee is a huge overweight kitty. She is one of the most adorable kitties we have here - especially with her little pink nails :) - I just picked her because of the close proximity in age.

K'Cee and Nakita are both beautiful, adorable, little devils ;) and I would love to have either one of them....or both for that matter. :D

Barbara
01-31-2003, 03:29 PM
I cannot really decide. I love Abys (as everyone knows around here) and I have always loved slim tabbies like Juni. But on the other hand if I go to cat shows and see the Maine Coons and Norwegians...........smile puurr love.

And then if I look to domestic tuxes, torties and Fisters ah sorry orangies -I also love them too.

Did I say that I love cats?;)

BTW: Nakita is one of my special darlings here but K'cee is soooo special too.

neko1
01-31-2003, 05:34 PM
I also love my sleek little 6 pound Aby, but I also like the larger breeds as well.
I really don't care whether their small or large, just gimmie kitties!!:)

jenluckenbach
01-31-2003, 07:10 PM
My Kim is the most petite kitty to live in this house. At approximately 9 months she probably does not weigh 5 pounds yet. It really is adorable.
But then, a BIG cat that you can realy hug, that is adorable, too

Cataholic
01-31-2003, 08:52 PM
I am with Neko1, just give me kitties!!! Though, Tenny really is something to 'hold' onto!!!!

Nomilynn
01-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Bassett was really tiny when I got her, and she has grown into a big girl - 14 lbs! Tilly is a very sleek and LOOOOONG cat.. I can't remember what she weighs but probably only 7 or 8 lbs at the most. Then there is Nutmeg.. she still looks like a kitten. I don't know what she weighs.. maybe 4 lbs, tops? I know she's getting bigger because I've had to loosen her collar, but she still pretty tiny! :)

zippy-kat
02-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Don't mind at all! ;)

While I love allllllllllll kitties--gimme da big un's!!! :D

I think my Max(RB manx-cross) was the smallest guy I've ever had... he weighed in at approx. 9lbs. K'Cee's still growin' but right now I think she weighs close to 6lbs. My Tom (RB) weighed in at around 12lbs, Tinker is probably close to 13-14lbs, and Clarice is approx. 10-11.

Nakita is beautiful and yes, very, tiny!

NoahsMommy
02-01-2003, 02:00 AM
I love both types...they are each ideal for different reasons.

I love that Noah is a big lion kitty...he's beautiful. Basil, is small and it really goes with his "baby" personality.

Olivia is large, like Noah and I like that. Noel is a petite girl....SO her personality! :)

popcornbird
02-01-2003, 02:00 AM
I think they are both beautiful and I love almost all cats, but if I were to get my own cat, I would want a big fluffy long-haired huggable kitty! I *love* long-haired cats! Inka is my favorite!

koxka
02-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by neko1
I just gimmie kitties!!:)

Me too! Just give kitties! The more the better! :D

I will keep any kitty in need that cross my path regardless its color, size or fur.....
....but I like to bury my face in the fur of my big fluffy Ginjol (tongue sticking out on the banner) it such a good feeling.:p

shais_mom
02-01-2003, 01:28 PM
Kylie is big. At her last visit she weighed in at 14 pounds. She should be around 11-12, but with the steroids she was on for her rodent ulcer she gained a little weight so now she is on diet food! I know she needs to loose a little bit b/c I can hear her going in and out of the kitty door and I hear a big BOOOOOOM when she jumps on the top of the washer/dryer for her food/water!!! !!:o :eek: !!

rg_girlca
02-02-2003, 09:46 AM
I've had big, small, blacks, whites, tabbys, oranges, doesn't matter to me. Just give me kitties, kitties, kitties.
My biggest cat was a tabby male named Captain (RB) who weighed in at 25 pounds and my smallest was a white female named Squirty Bums (RB) who weighed in at 6 pounds.
Gosh i just love cats. :D

moosmom
02-02-2003, 10:49 AM
I gotta say Mr. Moo is the man for me! He weighs in at a whopping 12.5 pounds, which from what a breeder at the cat show told me, is normal for a male Sphynx. When he sits though, he looks like he needs a girdle and training bra :D. Moo has the kind of skin you LOOOOOOVE to kiss, which I do every chance I get. :D

Chinadoll
02-02-2003, 10:58 AM
They'e both adorable!! I love big and small...doesn't matter to me. I love the pic of Nakita that is in her sig that says Nakita the Gargoyle. That is too cute and funny...priceless pic.

rosethecopycat
02-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Funny you should mention it...
I just returned from my 'whirlwind cat tour' of the mid west.

I saw my mother-in-law's two calicos. Very petite. I saw my 'mom's' two rescues. Punkin' is a big all orange girly.
I saw my friend's two Ocicats. They need tummy tucks.
And I saw that Aby. Very sleek.
Plus, I went to the cat show and saw every shape and size in between.

What is my conclusion...

When I got home to Snowy and Mr. Jones. They looked HUGE!:D :p

Snowy is just a massive Siamese boy. He looks like an athlete.

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
02-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Welllllllll ......

I have both :D There are times it is a relief to have a little 6 punder lying on your tummy compared to a 15 pounder, than again there are times i love to "spoon" and sleep with a big ol' cozy fat cat!! I am undecided :D

Russian Blue
02-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Let me start by saying I am a feline lover of all sizes!!

I'm usually attracted to short hair over long hair (even though they are gorgeous). And usually short hair cats are smaller.

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Ok, I have to agree that I'm probably partial to the big cats. I love the ones with the big fat heads, like Efrat's Brits. I just love that big, beefy, solid look of those cats. But I'm also intrigued by the tiny ones like Nakita or the various hairless ones like Moo that Sara and I saw at the cat show in Chicago.

So if I were to place an order at the Kitty Kat Drive Thru, I'd take one Nakita, one Tenny, one Kim, a Tubby, a Peanut, a Graemer and why not through in a Gabe for good measure. ;) :) :D

just gimmie kitties

Yup, me too. Long hair, short hair, big small, active, lazy - none of this matters as long as they're lovable, sweet kitties. :D