PDA

View Full Version : Greenies!

Twisterdog
01-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Do your dogs like Greenies?

I took Wishbone and Lucky to the vet today to get their rabies shots. They receptionist said, "I'll give them a treat." I thought she meant a biscuit, so I said, "They won't eat it. They're always too excited to eat treats when we're out."

But, she gave them each a Greenie. They both laid down in the waiting room and ate the whole thing! It was amazing! I think I'll be buying some!

captain
01-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Sorry, but I live in Australia, and have no idea what a Greenie is?

Could you explain?

Thanks! :D

Nomilynn
01-31-2003, 12:35 AM
I don't know what that is either! :confused:

wolf_Q
01-31-2003, 12:43 AM
It is a dental treat for dogs that is green and shaped like a toothbrush.

I haven't bought any for Nebo yet but I'm sure he would like them....he is not picky AT ALL. I did buy the Dentabones, he liked those but one lasted (I timed it) about 3 minutes.

I'm just never too sure of how well they can actually clean the teeth with my dog, as he just chews them apart like a regual dog treat.

There were some on sale after Christmas at Petsmart, and I wish I would have bought them!

jenluckenbach
01-31-2003, 06:05 AM
we sell Greenies at the grooming shop and everyone seems to just love them.

anna_66
01-31-2003, 07:02 AM
I've been thinking about buying some too, they are pretty expensive though.

lovemyshiba
01-31-2003, 09:11 AM
I thought the same thing, they are pretty expensive. And not to be really picky, but will the green stain the carpet or floors, or if they throw it up, could you imagine the stain?? I brush my dog's teeth, and they have toys that are for their teeth. I'm tempted to try the greenies, but I would like to hear some more about them.

captain
02-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks for letting me know what they are. I have not seen them here, but we have Dentabones, and they also seem to last about 3 mintues .....:D

robinh
02-02-2003, 06:54 PM
I picked up a greenie for each of my dogs yesterday at Petco. They are somewhat expensive. But the good news was they didn't stain the carpet or the couch.

Three of the four dogs demolished them within just a few minutes. The fourth just guarded hers and never did eat it. I ended up taking it away so that it wouldn't cause a problem with the others trying to take it.

Cheshirekatt
02-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Hey there, all! :)
My dogs LOVE the greenies! They come in different sizes and they've never stained my carpet. My dogs have never vomited them up, so I can't tell you wether they'd stain the carpet in that instance. They do spend at least 5 minutes chewing them, so I think they're worth it. One of my dogs has a sensitive tummy and they've never bothered him.

renmig
02-05-2003, 07:27 AM
My dog, Baby Bella, loves the greenies but she has to pick it out herself from the bin at the pet store.

She devoured the one from the pet store so I bought her a big bag of them, when we got home she wouldn't touch them. Then the next week we went back to the pet store, she went straight for the Greenie bin, picked out another one and devoured it.

Jody Hanson
02-07-2003, 09:29 AM
I noticed the discussion here about Greenies, and wanted to provide some information on behalf of the company. You can learn more about Greenies, as well as find a retailer or a distributor (in the U.S. and internationally) at www.greenies.com. To answer a few specific questions on this thread:

1. Greenies‚ is a multi-functional dog treat that greatly reduces dental calculus, helps reduce odor, freshens breath, improves digestibility of dry dog food, and provides nutrition.

2. There are no dyes that would result in stained carpet or furniture. Also, Greenies leave no grease spots or crumbs.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions about Greenies, or visit www.greenies.com.

Thanks,
Jody Hanson

lovemyshiba
02-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Thank you all for so much information on greenies--you've convinced me to get some for Abbey and Kito--next time I go to Petco, I'll bring some home!!!

anna_66
03-13-2003, 09:38 AM
And they LOVE them!

I was at the grocery store yesterday & seen them in bags. They were only $2.50 a bag:eek: I know they were at least 3x's that at the SuperPets. Also there was a $5 coupon. So if you bought 3 bags you got $5 off! So I got three bags for $2.50! And the best part is they really like them!

Jessica12345
03-13-2003, 01:07 PM
my dogs absiloutly love them two!:p :D

captain
03-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Cant get them here in Aussie :( .

Great about the 3 bags and $5.00 off!!!! What a treat your doggies must have had!

liongirl81
03-13-2003, 05:48 PM
My dogs had them one time i think it was like the vet or something and everytime i go to the store i see them but i never buy them b/c they are kinda expensive but man did you get a deal at $2.50 a bag and $5.00 dollars off where do you shop :) hehe

*LabLoverKEB*
03-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Dadie LOVES Greenies! I ordered Sadie a large bag of petite greenies, and a lil' bits shaker from PetEdge, really cheap!:) ;)

kai
03-14-2003, 07:15 PM
aw shucks..I just got walked back w/kai from the petcetera store a few km's from my house. I noticed them when I was buying his stuff by the cash register but I didn't bother because I thought they'd be the same as the rawhide treats he has a home. Now...I must buy them next time..they sound like miracle workers (kai's picky about treats/food)