PDA

View Full Version : Good News

RockyRoad
01-30-2003, 06:28 PM
I don't really like to post things about my pre-teen nonsense, but I had to share this because I was so happy.

Before we took the science test, I was on my way to failing, and I studied so hard for the test. Yet when I got the test, it was like I had never learned any of it before. So I was so upset because I was so sure I was going to fail. When my teacher asked me to come up and see my grade, I did not want to because I thought it was going to be a bad grade. So at the end of class, I asked him if I failed. He said "Well, you didn't want to see your test!" after begging him to show it to me, I found out I got a 90! Shows me for jumping to conclusions! Then I asked him if I was going to fail for the quarter, and he said "What are you talking about? You have been doing good this quarter!" I had only thought I failed because I had failed one quiz! From now on I don't think I'll ever 'jump the gun' again.

Also, an update on tech~
For those of you who saw my other thread, here's an update; I took the supplies I would need for my project. Since I had tech on alternating days, I had two days to do it. On the very last night, and 10:00 PM, my mom came in and asked me about my tech project. She told me that I should at least get it done. Finally I decided to get up and do it. I spent 11-12:00PM doing it, letting it dry overnight, and then waking up at 6:00 to add the finishing touches. It was the most horrible project I had ever seen, but I di not have the proper tools, so I could not get exact cuts, etc. So in tech, I tested mine (we had to put weights on it until it breaks). Mine held 9 pounds. 22 pounds and below was failing, so obviously I failed. But it felt good, I mean not failing, but that I did it, tried my best, and that I was DONE!!;) :D

OK, I'm going to stop now. But I'm just so happy things are looking up for me!:D

primabella
01-30-2003, 06:42 PM
i'm happy that things are going your way, Britt! :)
i know how you feel with the 'jumping to conclusions' thing. i had failed every test that term and the teacher gave us a huge summative that he split up in 2 parts and that counted for most of our final mark. i studied hard but still figured i failed. i got 92% and 77% on the 2nd part. higher than the class average. i was :D all day! congratulations on your great mark. keep up the good work and there will be more comming your way! :)

~sorry for the blabbing :(~

HoRsELUvR
01-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Im glad you at least did well on your science test,and that you tried on the tech project.i just found out what my science exam grade was.it would have been 84 but she added 10 points so now it's a 94.talk about an easy A.:)