PDA

View Full Version : Juke Joint Joseph has a problem...

catmandu
01-29-2003, 09:35 AM
Joseph , my big gray and white cat has developed a phobia about going to the vets , so much so he has defecated all over himself and the carrier. It has only been the last 2 times and it nmight be that when I caught buses we had a bad day and it took a long time to go home! Maybe he knows the vet requires a stool sample , a fresh one! Anyone have the same problem?

smokey the elder
01-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Tictac is such a big BABY about going to the vet! He often provides a nice "Tictac bomb" in the car.:p

Edwina's Secretary
01-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Edwina HATES going to the vet. However, her hatred is expressed outwardly -- hiss, growl, bite! toward anyone and everyone ...including her poor poppa!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Maybe he knows the vet requires a stool sample , a fresh one!

How accomodating of him. ;) :p :) Poor kitty, though, to be so traumitized.

He often provides a nice "Tictac bomb"

Too funny, Smokey. :D

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for poor Joseph, but I love his Juke Joint Joseph name. :)

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 03:50 PM
2 suggestions:
1) aclimate him to being in the carrier at home. Give him short sessions inside the carrier and gradually make them longer. You can also give him his Temptations treats while in the carrier, he'll REALLY love it then!

2) Withold food before taking him to the vet next time. When a cat goes in for surgery, food must be witheld from about 8 p.m the night before. So it can't harm him to not have food until he comes home AFTER the vet's. What doesn't go in, can't come out!