PDA

View Full Version : A new toy!

HayleyRosie
01-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Hayley found a new toy today when Mommy and Daddy were getting ready for work. A yellow drinking straw! She loved it! It moved very fast on the hard wood floor. She played with it all morning. I took it from her before I left. I was afraid she would eat some of it!

lynnestankard
01-29-2003, 09:51 AM
WOW! Wild straws are the coolest play things!!

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Wow, sounds like fun. I'll have to try that with my two. Penut is usually the one who likes such things - like the ring from the milk jug. Tubby usually looks at it like "What do you want me to do with that? Quit throwing it at me or I'll walk away and go take a nap!" :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Yes, sometimes I wonder how pet stores can stay in business when ther animals love the simplest toys of all!:rolleyes:

smokey the elder
01-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Tell me about it. Yesterday Bosun was playing with a large twist tie and a magazine adapter for a 3 ring binder. Meanwhile the trove of about 2 dozen toys sits there!:confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Yes, sometimes I wonder how pet stores can stay in business

I think SME answered your question very well. The pet stores stay in business by selling to the humans because we are obviously slow to the fact that the cats don't want all those fancy toys. All they really want are a twist tie or two, which wouldn't cost us anything, but we insist on buying all those toys that eventually end up being ignored while the twist tie gets all the attention. ;) :p :D :rolleyes: :D

Russian Blue
01-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Straws are the best toys, especially on wood floors!!

Nakita carries them around in her mouth, but I never seem to have the camera here to take a picture!

;)

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Us dumb humans invest in sooooo many cat toys and for what? So they can rummage through the trash and pull out a straw, q-tip, or paper towel :rolleyes:

neko1
01-31-2003, 05:39 AM
Neko's favorite toy is a tape measurer.
It really does amaze me that they love the simple things, meanwhile they have so many toys from the pet stores!

smokey the elder
01-31-2003, 08:58 AM
There are some toys that seem to have universal appeal: Dr. Pussum's catnip sacks, and those tiny mice with the beans inside!