PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, he makes me so mad!!

RockyRoad
01-28-2003, 05:20 PM
My technology teacher wanted me to come to extra help after school, since I was like...failing his class. The only day he was having it was today, and he was making me come, or else he would call home. So I asked him how I was going to call home and ask my parents if I could stay after (I did not have change for the payphone, and it was busy when I called in the A.P.O.). He said "Well you are going to have to pull some strings here!" Finally I found my sister and told her to tell my parents to come back to pick me up at 4:30. I come there after school, and he tells me he's leaving, and that I'll have to finish my project at home. I go in, get my stuff, and leave, I was SO ticked (But I was with my friend this whole time). I went to the A.P.O. to call my parents again, busy! So I was stuck in the school for an hour with my friend. Finally at 4:30, my parents come back. Ugh. Just had to vent.:rolleyes: :mad:

popcornbird
01-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Some teachers. :rolleyes: As annoying as one can get. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
01-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Ugh.. I HATE my fourth period teacher. She's the most boringest [ if that's a word] teacher EVER. All she does is sits there in front of the class and talks about one thing the whole period. People end up falling asleep and maybe one or two people are actually listenening, or pretending to. It's science class, we don't do experiments, we don't do partner work, we don't do ANYTHING real scientist or science students would do. And then, she makes us stay after because a few ANNOYING kids in the class always choose to talk while the principal is on the announcments [the BEST principal in the world if i may add :) ] We have announcements at the end of each period... well almost.. it's like this

1st period - beginning of school announcments right after the late bell rings.

2nd period- TV announcements befor 2 period begins

3rd period- Announcements at the end of class, befor lunch

LUNCH

4th period- Announcements at end which normally just consist of " This is the end of you day at the BEST high school on the planet, *our school name*, Go Spongers! Go Bucs! Do your homework, I'm out.".. Nothing new, nothing important Yet, she makes us stay like 3 minutes after class.:mad:

Kfamr
01-28-2003, 06:11 PM
p.s. sorry for blabbing :p

slleipnir
01-28-2003, 06:20 PM
KayAnn: Why do you have 3 periods before lunch? How long are they?? We have 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon.. (9am-3:20pm)

primabella
01-28-2003, 06:27 PM
we start at 8 and finish at 3:35. 4 perioids of 75 minutes..ugh! :mad:

that really sucks, but i can relate. before the christmas break, my math teacher told us that whoever failed the last test we did, could come in after school the day we got back to make up for it. i had to go, so i took note and everything. he reminded us a billion times. anyways, the day i got back, i started up the stairs but he was comming down, with his suitcase and jacket. when i asked him about the test he said, "what are you talking about?" teachers :mad:

Kfamr
01-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
KayAnn: Why do you have 3 periods before lunch? How long are they?? We have 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon.. (9am-3:20pm)

I dunno why, the periods are like and hour or longer long... But we have a like 15 minute break between first and second period, and they serve breakfast.... I don't eat breakfast or lunch so that's just time to have fun with friends :)

Cookiebaker
01-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Hey Britt, I can totally remember what that used to be like. It's almost like the teacher is manipulating you with threats. "Oh if you don't stay after school, I'm going to call your parents." So you stay so you don't get into trouble, and he decides to leave!? That sounds pretty unfair and frustrating to me, too. The school year is half over, just a couple of more months, so hang in there!

Cataholic
01-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Well, let's see....you are failing his class, and he offers to help, on his own time, without compensation....hmm......I think I would have a hard time at getting too mad at him. Did it inconvenience you? Maybe. But, he was still trying to help...

popcornbird
01-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Well, let's see....you are failing his class, and he offers to help, on his own time, without compensation....hmm......I think I would have a hard time at getting too mad at him. Did it inconvenience you? Maybe. But, he was still trying to help...

Looks like you forgot your school days? ;);)

I think Britt's point in getting mad was that he told her to stay and tell her parents to pick her up late, and then he left without helping, thus breaking a promise, and causing her the trouble of staying at school after hours for no reason. That is MEAN. If he was my teacher, I would certainly be mad!

Cataholic
01-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

I think Britt's point in getting mad was that he told her to stay and tell her parents to pick her up late, and then he left without helping, thus breaking a promise, and causing her the trouble of staying at school after hours for no reason. That is MEAN. If he was my teacher, I would certainly be mad!

Really? It wasn't that long ago...and it is very similar to work/real life....you know, "Can you cover the 6:00 pm meeting tonight?" Or, "Uh, you can't take vacation that week, you have to cover something for me...". Mean? Not by a long shot. Inconvenient? Sure. Life? Yup.

popcornbird
01-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Well, he really should have done what he told her. If he was busy, or something got in the way, he could have chosen some other day, but telling a student to come at a time and then leaving yourself is not fair. My opinion. :)

RockyRoad
01-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

Exactly, Popcornbird! But I do see your point, Cataholic, he was trying to help me, but he kept bugging me to call home or find some way to contact my parents, then he leaves!! It was a very large inconvenience, because I could not get through to my parents (that part of course was not his fault), so I was then stuck in the lobby after school for an hour, for everyone had gone home before I got all my supplies together and left his room, so I could not get a ride. He was helping me by telling me to finish it at home, but leaving after telling me to make arrangements to stay was unfair.:rolleyes:

Desert Arabian
01-29-2003, 03:23 PM
There is one teacher in my school who has to be in her middle to late 20's and is a giant "you know what". For each of her classes, she picks her favorite students- and gives them A's & B's on all their assignments, tests, etc. The other students rarely get above a C+. No joke. Plus to add to that, she wears pants that you can see her th**g through 24/7. SICK!! SICK!! SICK!! Every kid who takes her class hates her. I'll end there. :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :o

We start school @ 7:10 and we have 8 classes, we get out at 2:30. I hate it!! Getting up at 5:30 is killing me. AHHHHH....the good old days- starting elementary school @ 9:00 and getting out at 3:00- AHHHHHH. Ok sorry- back from my little day dream.

cturtle
01-29-2003, 03:51 PM
I know what you mean, Britt. I spent all that time making the bridge and I ended up failing! (Sorry I haven't been on for like a million years). My bridge only held 15 and a half pounds, so I failed:mad: because the amount it had to hold for it to be passing is 22 pounds!! I did all that work for absolutly nothing. It really annoys me!

HoRsELUvR
01-29-2003, 04:00 PM
gosh,what an annoying teacher.at least you took the time to try and get some help,which he obviosly ignored.i thought he was supposed to help you!

luckies4me
01-29-2003, 05:42 PM
4 periods, that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I wish I only had four periods in highschool/junior high. We had 7!

Cookiebaker
01-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
4 periods, that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I wish I only had four periods in highschool/junior high. We had 7!

We had 9!!! :eek: But our class periods were only 40 minutes long...so if the subject bored you, it was only a little while and then it was over.

RockyRoad
01-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker

We had 9!!! :eek: But our class periods were only 40 minutes long...so if the subject bored you, it was only a little while and then it was over.

Exactly the same with us! Hopefully 6th period (tech) will go quickly tomorrow so I don't have to fight with that guy again.:rolleyes: