PDA

View Full Version : Would someone send me some HOT weather?

jenluckenbach
01-28-2003, 04:06 PM
I am FREEZING my patootie off over here!!!! What happened to global warming!!!!!I demand some HEAT

anna_66
01-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Who has all the warm weather? We need some here too!!!

NoahsMommy
01-28-2003, 04:12 PM
We have it over here!!!! It is amazingly beautiful and warm...very strange...we usually have gloomy Januarys. I heard on the radio that if we don't get rain this month, this will be the only dry January since the 1800's!

Come on over!! You can sleep on our couch bed! :D

Feel free to send some of that cold weather this way! I have a ton of sweaters that I would love to wear. :)

jenluckenbach
01-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
We have it over here!!!! Come on over!! You can sleep on our couch bed! :D

:)
I'm on my way. I'll bring my cat comb along for Noah.

anna_66
01-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Ooooh, can I come too:p

Desert Arabian
01-28-2003, 04:22 PM
We need it here in Wisconsin too. For the past 2 weeks it has been hovering around 0F,and the wind chills are up to -35F. Today has been the first "warm" day, 27F,and it is snowing right now. That's a first, last time we got snow was back in October :rolleyes::p .

AmylovesMisty
01-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Its barely ever above freezing here!!

Snow,Snow
Go away!!
Bring the cold with you another day!!

Cold Cold
Cheer up
Be warm and sunny

Weather Weather
Cant you change
Make us warm
and all our friends
to be happy
when winter ends!!

Did you like that??It just came out of the top of my head..I'm not quite a poet but Oh well!!

popcornbird
01-28-2003, 04:33 PM
We have warm weather! Take it! Take it now! LOL! I want cold weather! :( This year is very unusual. No snow on the mountains, not much rain, very sunny, feels like April or early May! :eek: I WANT WINTER! :(:(:(

I got like 6 new sweaters this year on sale and I didn't get the chance to wear one of them. Isn't that just so sad?

anna_66
01-28-2003, 04:37 PM
Well, the girls just wanted out, & guess what? It's freezing rain! Boo Hoo:(

popcornbird
01-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Popcrn and Muffin just came in from outside! I gave the a shower, and took their cage in the yard so they could dry and get some fresh air and warm sunlight as well. They loved it! I was out with them for about 40 min watching them preen their feathers dry and dance in the sun. I just took their cage inside and they are now hoping around, half wet on my desk!

Pam
01-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Anna we are going to get your storm shortly. They have forecasted 1" to 2" of snow starting around 2:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, just in time for morning rush hour. We have been blasted with the cold too but hardly any snow at all this winter. Wonder when "the big one" is going to hit? :rolleyes:

anna_66
01-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Wonder when "the big one" is going to hit? :rolleyes:
Far as I'm concerned, it can just stay away:p

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-28-2003, 05:00 PM
I guess the sunny, clear weather is all out west. Did you see how beautiful it was in San Diego on Sunday for the SuperBowl? It was 85 degrees at my house! It sure doesn't feel like winter.

neko1
01-28-2003, 05:01 PM
I hate cold weather and I hate snow!!! It's so cold here that my automatic starter on my car won't work!! I'm sick of wearing 2 and 3 layers of clothing and constantly being cold! I'm so sick of seeing white- I wanna see my grass again!! I wanna lie around outside with the radio and a drink! I wanna have a picnic. I wanna wash my car and not have it freeze.
I hate winter and I hope it goes away asap!

Cookiebaker
01-28-2003, 05:07 PM
It's cold here, too. Guess that's not too much of a surprise. It was -20 this morning, and they are forecasting that it will be in the 30's tomorrow. That's a 50 degree difference! :eek: I, too, am soo sick and tired of being constantly chilled. The only time I am warm is when I first wake up in the morning. Ever after that, it's cold cold cold. And winter is only half over. :(

NoahsMommy
01-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Wonder when "the big one" is going to hit? :rolleyes:
When I see that, I think EARTHQUAKE! Too funny...I didn't realize you were talking about a storm. ;)

Jen and Anna...come on over!! Maybe you can help me give Basil his meds too!! :D

jenluckenbach
01-28-2003, 06:37 PM
popcornbird.....stop rubbing it in about your warm weather:mad:

pam........don't jinx us by saying the "big one". I am too close to you and I don't want it!

neko1.....you said a mouthfull and I whole heartedly agree

Miss Meow
01-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I am FREEZING my patootie off over here!!!! What happened to global warming!!!!!I demand some HEAT

The hole in the ozone layer must be over us because it's so HOT! 40 degrees C Saturday, 44 degrees Sunday, 40 degrees today and only going DOWN to 35 degrees (93F) overnight. ARGHHHHHH how much of this heat do you want??? :)

popcornbird
01-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
popcornbird.....stop rubbing it in about your warm weather:mad:

Why? Jealous??? ;););)

Why? Its not THAT warm. 65 degrees. (Abnormal for January, although we did have 38 degree and 42 degree days too. Its just this week that's been warm.

Well, if you have snow, I'm jealous of you!!!! :D:D:D

Miss Meow, its summer in Australia, so its supposed to be hot where you are. :p We get the same wether when its summer here....................but we're talking about winter here! :p

It seems strange that December/January are summer in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere. I can't imagine summer in January! :eek:

Kfamr
01-28-2003, 08:15 PM
No hot weather, not even down here in the south!

Cookiebaker
01-28-2003, 08:49 PM
I talked with a lady who just got back from Southern Florida and said that it was averaging 20 down there. Isn't that pretty cold for there??

wolf_Q
01-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Forget the hot weather, I want some SNOW!!! I've lived here all my life, and I've NEVER had a winter as dry as this one. The last time it snowed was before christmas, and that was like an inch, if that....it's bizarre....we're going to have such a water shortage this summer. :(

iceyshiver21
01-28-2003, 09:08 PM
WE JUST GOT SNOW and you all can send us all your cold weather though! :)

**CUTE SIG!! wolf_Q

mugsy
01-28-2003, 09:50 PM
You guys can KEEP your 85 degrees! I detest hot weather. Mike tried to talk me into moving to Texas and I told him to have a nice time! lol I finally talked him into moving to northern Wisconsin!! I'm thinking Ashland or Hayward!

I LOVE snow and I MUCH prefer cold to hot.

lovemyshiba
01-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Whoever is sending out the hot weather, send some my way--I'll settle for warm even. It snowed in October here, and has been freezing cold since. I hate it. I don't like it super hot either (unless I'm at the beach), but I can't handle much more of this snow--I'm getting cabin fever too!! I just want to go out with only one pair of pants and socks on!!!!

And, I thought the same thing about global warming.

Christiansmommy
01-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Isn't it funny how, when it's hot as heck out in the summer, we wish for winter, and vise versa....I guess that's why i love the fall, its a happy medium.

Anyway, i cant wait for Summer!! Bring on the heat...i can live with heat, but this cold weather is...sooooo......COLD!!!! You can almost not breath outside its just soo darn COLD!!!!

I'm dreaming of sandy beaches and freshly squeezed lemonade....ahhhhh, can't wait for May and June to come!

Robyn

zippy-kat
01-28-2003, 11:11 PM
77 degrees here today!! :)

Miss Meow
01-28-2003, 11:50 PM
We just left work early because there's a huge bushfire on the navy base, right outside my building! All the uniformed people were on the parade ground doing divisional parades in the heat, then they were suddenly let loose to evacuate if they lived in the married quarters, which is right in the path of the fire. Some of the officers in our building brought their families and pets over, so I'm glad they've had enough time to prepare for the worst. I hope they are OK.

Roll on autumn :rolleyes:

01-29-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by neko1
I hate cold weather and I hate snow!!! It's so cold here that my automatic starter on my car won't work!! I'm sick of wearing 2 and 3 layers of clothing and constantly being cold! I'm so sick of seeing white- I wanna see my grass again!! I wanna lie around outside with the radio and a drink! I wanna have a picnic. I wanna wash my car and not have it freeze.
I hate winter and I hope it goes away asap!

I cannot find any better words to express my feelings ...:( ;)

I WANT SUN SUN SUN !!!!!!:mad:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Well, some of these warm thoughts must be coming this way. We will be reaching the freezing mark today.:confused: Of course, now it is snowing..........

Tanya&Fritz
01-29-2003, 08:21 AM
OK, I don't want to hear anymore whining you guys :D

It's -27C here with a windchill of -43C:eek:

anna_66
01-29-2003, 08:41 AM
OK, OK, you win, I'll quit:p

All Creatures Great And Small
01-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Tanya&Fritz
Where are you, Siberia???? :p (For people like me who are Celsius impaired, this is -80° with a windchill of -109°!) That's inhuman!

Jen, isn't it ironic that whenever it "warms up", it's almost always followed by snow?

Let me tell you what I really hate about winter - the $%&* static electricity in the air! Everything at work is metal; all the shelves, fixtures, etc., so I can't touch anything without getting a visible blue spark and an unwelcome jolt. My hair is constantly snap-crackling and clinging to my head, my clothes are stuck to me, my skin is turning alligator....... hmmm, on the other hand, maybe all these free "shock treatments" will cure my mental illness :D :D :D :D ! (j/k)

Another peeve.......that dry, crusty, white/grey film left on EVERYTHING from the slush and road salt when it dries.......EEEEEWWWWWW!! Everybody's car is the same color here in the winter - ;) :p

I think I'll start a thread where we can post our favorite pictures from the warmer days, to get us all thinking about better times ahead......

Dixieland Dancer
01-29-2003, 09:57 AM
We are having a heat wave today. The temp is 27 degrees! :rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
01-29-2003, 12:16 PM
"heat wave" here too: 36 degrees!!!! Wooohoooooo!!!

NoahsMommy
01-29-2003, 12:30 PM
:) :) You guys are too funny. Even with our current warm weather, it is very dry out...I have that annoying, dry feeling in my skin...yuck! It puts me in a wierd, uncomforable mood.

For those of you with cold winters, how are your spring and summers?

catland
01-29-2003, 01:16 PM
We're currently at 46F (7c). Rain all week. This is normal for us. We've actually had a dry winter so we need the rain because our summer water comes from the snowpack in the mountains.

We don't get snow much here anymore, and we haven't had a really cold winter in a while.:p

anna_66
01-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Hey, it's 27 here, almost to the freezing mark:D

And thank goodness, we didn't get much snow at all last night. Yeaaaah!!!

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Tanya&Fritz
OK, I don't want to hear anymore whining you guys :D

:eek: YOWZA :eek:

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs
Everyone will get all the heat they want , But you will have to wait until August.:D :p :D ;)
:rolleyes: HOW GENEROUS OF YOU:p

Logan
01-30-2003, 12:11 AM
It has been cold!!!! But for two days this week, I went to the coast of SC. It was chilly yesterday (chilly to me is 50 F). But today, as I was leaving, my car thermostat registered 70 F......I didn't want to come home!!!! :) Our temps finally broke 40 F this week. Woo Hoo!!! :D

Tanya&Fritz
01-30-2003, 07:13 AM
Woo hoo! We're having a heat wave now! It's -20 going up to -5 and NO windchill :D

I think I'm going to wear my shorts today :D :D :D