PDA

View Full Version : Spending enough time with your pet

shais_mom
01-28-2003, 01:08 PM
I often spend Sat nights at home watching movies curled up with Keegan at my feet, and Kylie on my lap. A far cry from when I used to go out Sat and Sun nights.
I often feel I spend more time with Keegan b/c she comes with me to my parents house and when I go away for the weekend, she comes with me usually. But I try to give Kylie some cuddle time, but she doesn't get excited about that sometimes.
So I think I do spend enough time with them.

lovemyshiba
01-28-2003, 01:43 PM
It sounds like you do--they are lucky to have you.

I try to spend as much time as I can with Kito and Abbey. I often schedule work because of them. For example, my husband goes into work at 2pm on Mondays and Tuesdays--so I will work from 10-2 those days, so the dogs aren't home alone that long. And any errands have to be done when I am already out, like on my way home from work, because I don't want to come home, let them out for a walk and play, and then put them back in their pen so I can go and buy something. We take them wherever we go, and wouldn't think of going anywhere they wouldn't be welcome. When I am home in the afternoons, we play ball, and run around the house or just cuddle together--I think their favorite thing is when Daddy has to work at 8am and they can cuddle with me and sleep in.

primabella
01-28-2003, 06:32 PM
between homework and stuff like that, i think mickey gets enough attention. we are 6 in the family, and it is very rare that everyone is busy and can't stay with him. at night, we all stay together and he sleeps on his bed. once we were all busy and my sister was reading a magazine near his bed but wasn't playing with him. he let out a loud cry, just for attention ;)

moosmom
01-28-2003, 07:09 PM
I spend alot of time with my cats. Because my job is so stressful and I only live 3 minutes from my house, I go home on my lunch hour and visit with them. It helps me from losing my cool at a job that I loathe. I'd be in a rubber room if it weren't for my cats and the people here at Pet Talk.

lizbud
01-30-2003, 08:20 PM
I don't get to spend all the time I want to spend with Moki
and my kitties. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the
day. LOL. I'm actually considering a early retirement incentive
offered at my job, so I can finally do what I really want to do
in life which is work part-time and spend much more time with
volunteer work & just putzing around the house.That would be
heaven for me. :D

neko1
01-31-2003, 05:32 AM
I try to spend as much time as I can with my kitties. Tama lets me know when he needs love by whining. (Typical Aby trait)

tomkatzid
03-01-2003, 01:06 AM
I spend a lot of time with the girls. I only have to work part time. Tom takes them to the park EVERY day so he has a lot of quality time with them. And from Friday night to Monday morning we are with them non stop:D

aly
03-02-2003, 04:49 PM
My babies are my first priority. When my friends invite me out, I usually ask if we can go somewhere where the dogs can come or if we can hang out at my place so the cat won't be alone. I think it annoys my friends sometimes but I don't mind not going out. My favorite thing is just laying around with them or going to the park with them :)

They get more attention than they want sometimes *points to Lolly's painted toenails* hehe

Cincy'sMom
03-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Although we are busy, we spend as much time with our dogs as possible. We ususlly spend most evening and weekends with them, whether at home, going to classes, for walks, to the Dog Park, the Pet Store, etc. If for some reason we are going to be out in the evening during the week, we make sure they go to Dayschool so they get to play with their doggy friends and get human interaction with people we know and trust. They almost always go with us to family members houses and ride along on quick car trips :)

anna_66
03-11-2003, 04:06 AM
How about all the time! We are homebodies, when we aren't at work we are home. I don't think the dogs have much time to miss us:p

gkristian
03-27-2003, 10:46 PM
I think that Foxy gets enough attention. When i get back from school i spend about half an hour with him and then when i finnish my homework i brush him for about 20 min and take him fot at least an hours walk. I think that i spend on an average about 5 to 6 hours a day with him. Oh i nerly fogot he sleeps with me every night and in the morning we spen about an hour after he has his breakfast.

Dakota's Mommy
03-28-2003, 09:02 AM
We spend most of our time now at work with our girls. Of course, when we have to go get the groceries and stuff like that to live, they don't usually get to go. However, if we go away, they get to go. When we're not running errands like that, they usually get to go. We spend most of our evenings with them whether it be in the house or outside playing. They get to take turns with us out front while we're spending time with the neighbors, getting interaction with children. The only time that we aren't running needed errands that we aren't at home is sometimes on the weekend evenings when we go to our friends houses to relax a little. Depending on where we go, depends on whether they get to go. But, we try to spend lots of time all the other times with them to make up for that 1 or 2 nights a week that we spend some time away. I think we spend enough time with our girls. They certainly our spoiled, that's for sure!