PDA

View Full Version : Pollys story

tomkatzid
01-28-2003, 02:40 AM
This is part two of a story I posted earlier about Buddy and a lady I work with Debbie. While Buddy was getting his new home with Debbie, another dog rescue story was unfolding at the place Debbie and I work. I work nights at a school district where we have a large equipment yard and bus garage. Half of this area is filled with school buses. Well, one night as I am ready to leave, I notice a quick movement between the buses, as I went for a closer look, it proves to be a medium size dog. The dog won't let me get close though, and I end up just locking the gate and going home for the night. It bothered me all night. The next day I asked Debbie if she had seen this dog, she had, it appeared to be a shar-pei mix female, limping on her right rear leg. The dog won't let anyone within 50 feet of her. So we begin feeding her, and go through all the usual stuff looking for her owner. She won't go near a cage that Debbie has used previously to catch cats that have been dumped here.
So we start feeding the dog, and Debbie starts staying after work 2 or 3 hours every night just talking to the dog, trying to show her we mean no harm. I do the same when my shift ends at 11 every night. But it just isn't working, when you make any move towards her she runs off through the busyard and hides.
Two months go by, the little dog living under an old truck, and we are getting worried about her. When school starts the place will be a madhouse with buses going every which way, and winter will be coming.
In the meantime Debbie aquires Buddy from me, and she brings him to work with her. When she gets out of her truck here comes the little shar-pei, and her and buddy start playing, Every day this dog waits for Debbie to see if she brought buddy to play with her. Now it has been over 3 months. One day I arrived at work and Debbie is all excited, the little girl has taken a biscuit out of her hand. Within a week she is petting her a little. Then she got sprayed by a skunk. Debbie scoops her up and took her inside to bathe her, then just put her in her truck and took her home. There she is reunited with buddy and she turns out to be a wonderful dog. She named her Polly. She had a growth removed from her leg, which was causing the limp, but now she is doing fine. Her and Buddy come down our way for walks with our pack, and she is so friendly you wouldn't know it's the same dog. Without Buddies help, I don't think we would have ever gotten this scared little girl to come to us. And Debbie, after losing her dog Milo to cancer, now has a new little pack and she is alot happier too.......tom & katz

delidog
01-28-2003, 06:31 AM
Oh Polly is beautiful!!!!!
So glad that Debbie gave her a wonderful forever home!!!!
Sometimes it just takes Patience!!!!!!!

Wonderful story!!!!!!!!;) :) :D

micki76
01-28-2003, 08:25 AM
Tom
What a WONDERFUL story. Thank you for sharing it with us. Polly is gorgeous! Good job to you, Debbie and Buddy!!

Dixieland Dancer
01-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Another heart warming story! Thanks for sharing it with us!!! :D

ramanth
01-28-2003, 08:50 AM
More happy endings!! Polly is so pretty. Congrats to you all for not giving up on her. :)

tomkatzid
02-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Polly stays away from the water, she thinks it might be a bath.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p91b9e5140ee25f181ed8ee165ea2c306/fca60554.jpg

Kfamr
02-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Oh! I'm in love! I'm a sucker for Tan doggies!:D

mugsy
02-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Polly is a lucky girl and Debbie is too. She is gorgeous. Thank you so much for taking the time to save her.

lovemyshiba
02-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Polly is really beautiful!! I love hearing stories like this one!!

Cisco's Mom
02-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Some things are just meant to be!;)