PDA

View Full Version : buddys story

tomkatzid
01-27-2003, 02:58 PM
I walk my dogs at the river near my house. Last summer as we walked downstream I noticed a black dog floating down in a fairly rapid current. He saw my two dogs and made his way over to us. He was a young(6 mo?) lab/retriever mix. He seemed pretty thin and tired as he tagged along with us. We searched the parks upstream from where we found him to no avail, so we took him home. For the next month we put up signs, ran ads, watched the classifieds etc. but could not find his home. No microchip either.

Meanwhile, a lady I work with had been forced to put down her dog, Milo, due to medical problems(cancer)and old age. She grieved and couldn't face getting another dog. Finally, I talked her into meeting Buddy(we named him). She agreed to take him home(80 acre farm). When I saw her at work a few days later she was a new person, much happier, and when I offered to take buddy back she said no, he is mine now. And Buddy was starting to look so much better, he was playful, his coat was shiny, he just had that look that tells you "I have found my new mom".
I don't know how he ended up in that river, but I guess it was destiny. Here he is(the black one), with his new mom, and new sister Polly(her story to follow), at the same river where he was found, he is a great swimmer/retriever.....tom & katz

primabella
01-27-2003, 03:00 PM
i'm so happy this story has a happy ending! :) thanks for sharing. i wish the best of luck to buddy and his new family, and good job on helping him out. :D

Dixieland Dancer
01-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Nothing like the love of a dog to make you feel better when your down! Glad you were able to help out Buddy and his new mom!! :D

ramanth
01-27-2003, 03:40 PM
What a wonderful ending and a cute pic. :) I do believe in destiny.

tatsxxx11
01-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Sounds like this was destiny!! What a wonderful, happy story! Happy doggie, happy Mom! And thank you so much for the important role you played in making this all possible!:)

Rachel
01-30-2003, 08:33 AM
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Looks like Buddy is in good hands and has a marvelous Mom who will care and love him. You must feel so good to be his Angel.

sammi
01-30-2003, 11:32 PM
What a good story! Thank you for taking care of that poor dog.

tomkatzid
02-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Here is a picture of Buddy swimming.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p8e4c41585f96aaebacfc4ba78fbc6cc2/fca6067d.jpg

slleipnir
02-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Thats a great story :] Glad Buddy got a great new home :]

mugsy
02-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Great story!! Thanks for saving Buddy too. Both he and Polly are beautiful.

lovemyshiba
02-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Another GREAT story!! These make me soooo happy to hear. buddy is so handsome, and I'm sure it was destiny that he and his new mommy are now together.

Cisco's Mom
02-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Wow! Good work! You saved Buddy and your friend. Ya can't ask for much more than that. Thanks for sharing.:D