PDA

View Full Version : Gracie

NoahsMommy
01-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Gracie was outside today when I came back from lunch. She is just so beautiful...her green eyes are amazing. I really need to get a picture of her...my latest conquest. :)

Anyway, I've decided to trap her in about a week or two. She doesn't deserve to live in a office park...poor thing. So, I'm going to feed her enough food a day to make her dependant on me. I've been feeding her about 1/3 of what she needs a day so she wouldn't be too dependant in case I couldn't trap her before I left.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Good luck with Gracie. She does sound adorable, and if she comes close I think there's a good chance she could be "tamed" and find a nice loving home. :)

moosmom
01-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Noahsmommy,

When you get ready to trap her, make sure you don't feed her for a day or so, this way she'll be real hungry when you bait the trap with sardines.

One word of advice though. Wear gloves!! Don't make the mistake I made. :eek: My finger is fine now but it could've gotten alot worse.

Good luck. Gracie deserves a good home. I'm sure that with alot of love and patience, you'll see there is a loving, affectionate cat just waiting to come out!

Way to go!

NoahsMommy
01-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the great advice Moosmom! :)

moosmom
02-02-2003, 10:25 AM
My pleasure. Hope it works out okay.

Randi
02-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Kelly, that's great news! :) Will you then have her checked at a vet? And take her in? Or will you try and find a good forever home for her?

Good luck!! :)

Looking forward to some pics! ;)

Barbara
02-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Since I decided to bury Gracie's jerk in snow I have a soft spot for her!So I wish you good luck :)

Russian Blue
02-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Usually if you call your SPCA or animal shelter they will be able to lend you a trap.

As moosmom said, don't feed her the day before, then put something really smelly in the trap, like fish or tuna juice.

Good luck!

;)

neko1
02-02-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm sure Gracie will be so happy to have a loving home.
Cookie was also a feral cat in the office park where Brian used to work. He trapped her by luring her in with some food. And now she's a wonderful part of our family.
I wish you all the best!:)

marysmerrycats
02-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Since I decided to bury Gracie's jerk in snow

:confused:

Cataholic
02-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats

:confused:

Marysmerrycats(the old TC, he he),

There was a problem with the yard guy covering up the food, and Barbara made the suggestion to bury the guy in snow...