PDA

View Full Version : Let's take a vote.....

jenluckenbach
01-27-2003, 12:35 PM
I think it is HIGH time Vermontcat gets Samantha a younger sibling. Who's with me?

01-27-2003, 12:38 PM
I voted YES !! BUT , you must be very sure that Samantha isn't an "ONLY-ONE-CAT" !! My RB-cat Sydney wouldn't have appreciated a companion , but Maya is MADE for it !!
So , if you thing she can handle it : GO AND GET THAT KITTEN !!!

jenluckenbach
01-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Well, I know that Vermontcat feels that Samantha is a "one cat" cat, but I say, you'd be surprised!
So.....to further my case I found a candidate for you to look at:

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1259002&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3e357e0b6f7f5bad-app3&display=&preview=1&row=25

Cataholic
01-27-2003, 01:26 PM
How coincidental that you would make this poll! Just the other night, I received a call from Samantha expressing a desire for a sibling.

She totally wants another kitty!!

Barbara
01-27-2003, 01:57 PM
I do not vote. Samantha is not the youngest anymore and I have no idea whether she would like to have a brother or sister or whether she felt like her mom wouldn't love her anymore. I have seen cats living together and not talking to each other (like neighbors sometimes).
On the other side, if Samantha tells Johanna she wanted.....

Vermontcat
01-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Ok, where do I start...JEN YOU NAUGHTY GIRL!:p

Let me give you some facts. Samantha is 14 1/2 and my first baby.
She has adjusted well to 3 younger human siblings since we got her. We even added a little parakeet brother in the summer of 2001. The kids and I would all love to have another cat. It is the husband who is a one-cat per house kind of guy! You need to convince the husband! Maybe if I show him this thread...;)
BTW, I already tried it last June but the husband had the final vote not Samantha.:(
Just so you know what to look for, my next cat or two cats will be a female Sealpoint or Chocolate Point Siamese and a female Tux cat but neither one will be moving in until Samantha has lived her long happy life to the fullest, and she is very healthy, has never been to the vet except for her yearly checkups!
One more thing, I'm not voting on this, at least not yet!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
convince the husband! Maybe if I show him this thread...;)

Ah-HA! So, we've got you on our side, now all we have to do is work on him. And Samantha could be a big help. All she has to do is take Ritzy's advice to Squirt on another thread about turning over and looking cute. Works on Peanut's daddy everytime. :D

jenluckenbach
01-27-2003, 05:59 PM
OH...now that the TRUTH is out, and the REAL obstacle is the husband..........I've got a real pet peeve. (and this ought to open up a can of worms.......

catmandu
01-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Maybe another older cat at the shelter would be a good idea , then you would be giving a senoir Kitizen a chance for a new life?

Cataholic
01-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Dear Samantha's hooman,
I was shocked and dismayed to learn your feelings on a one cat household. Don't you know everything is more fun in pairs? I think it would help Samantha tremendously if she has someone to bring out her inner child. Plus, your spouse wants one, and I bet the children want one, too. What do you think?
Cataholic

NoahsMommy
01-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Uh, oh...does that mean your hubby is still in training? As if that ever stops!! hee hee

This is how you do it....find meezer #1 and #2 and say they followed you home, were on your doorstep, magically appeared. :)
Would he actually make you send them back?

I'm just joking! Only you know when its OK for a new kitty to come home with you. You know Samantha and how she would deal, some cats are just not cut out for "intruders". :)

RICHARD
01-28-2003, 05:54 PM
i vote for 3 brothers and sisters............................

the more, the merrier!

jenluckenbach
01-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
i vote for 3 brothers and sisters............................

the more, the merrier!
I like the way you think:D

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-28-2003, 09:37 PM
I think Samantha would do well with an older sibling ..... preferbly 16 yrs old, male, Wide, dark, and handsome. ;) :D

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by JillLovesMinnie14yrs
male, Wide, dark, and handsome. ;) :D
Wide dark and handsome. ha ha ha LOL!!!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Wide dark and handsome. ha ha ha LOL!!!!!!

Jen, you took the words right out of my mouth. I love it! :D :D

Let me see, would Tubby fit that bill? 16 - yup, male - yup, well...sort of, wide (:D) - yup, dark - yup, handsome - I think so.

The only thing is he has a good home here so he wouldn't be available as a sibling. Long distance romance - ok, but not sibling. :)

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 03:15 PM
So what about the little cat I posted on page one???????
here he is again so you cal refresh your memory
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1259002&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3e357e0b6f7f5bad-app3&display=&preview=1&row=25

I may have to drive up there myself, soon if someone (namely Vermontcat) doesn't go get him soon.

hee hee

Vermontcat
01-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Jen, they know me there.;)
They know my cat too.:p
I take the kids there to visit and play with the kittens quite a bit.:)
I will have to PM you later, no cat for us right now, our house is full with 5 people, a cat and a bird. It won't hold 13 cats, and a dozen or so mice like your house.:rolleyes:

Tubby, yes Samantha is happy with the on-line long-distance romance. Wide, dark and handsome is just what she likes.;)

Edwina's Secretary
01-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Paws is a beautiful cat but WHAT did he do to deserve a mug shot???

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 07:30 PM
well, vermontcat, pet Paws for me if you see him. And maybe you can send him my way.;)

rosethecopycat
01-30-2003, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vermontcat
[B]Ok, where do I start...JEN YOU NAUGHTY GIRL!:p

Just so you know what to look for, my next cat or two cats will be a female Sealpoint or Chocolate Point Siamese and a female Tux cat ]

Funny you should say that. I have a Siamese and a Tux. Now, my problem is that their temperments don't quite match.

The Siamese is so active and the Tux is more laid back. Which results in Snowy terrorizing Mr. Jones.
(I will have to add a third, a Siamese, Aby, or other active cat):p

I suggest your future cats be well matched.
For peace sake, one of each gender too!

I hope your precious Samantha lives to be a ripe old age.:)