PDA

View Full Version : how upsetting to see

mom of 6 cats
01-25-2003, 07:40 PM
I was in fast food restaurant the other day, waiting to order, and the guy in front of me has a kid with him, just a baby, I don't thinnk he could have even been 2 years old yet. the baby was just standing there holding on to the plastic,shield thing, (don't know what its called) and he was just rattling it a little bit, wasn't hurting anything. the father or step father, grabbed that baby up so fast, I don't know how the kid didn't get whiplash! then he stormed out of the place! I saw the kids face as they left, he looked so frightened! it really makes me so mad, that guy was no kid, he was well old enough to know better, should have been able to handle a kid that age. all he had to do was talk to the kid, distract him or say no-no, anything. there was NO reason to act like that and ttreat the baby so mean. I bet he hit the poor kid once in the car. I wish I would have gone outside and got the plaate number. I wonder if the mother knows...the lady working behind the counter called him a jerk and I said oh that poor baby. another guy said it takes alot of patience to raise a child, and I told him well more patience than that I hope, and the lady in line behind me thought he was awful too. it ruined dinner, it was really upsetting to see a child being mistreated like that.

NoahsMommy
01-26-2003, 03:10 AM
That is very sad....people are just jerks sometimes, its a shame they are allowed to have children if they are unable to respect them. :(

Cookiebaker
01-26-2003, 06:54 AM
Grrrrrr!!!!!!!! :mad: That poor baby!!!!!!!1 :mad:

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-26-2003, 06:03 PM
I get more upset when I see animal abuse rather than human abuse.

Cookiebaker
01-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JillLovesMinnie14yrs

Both upset me very much! But actually, I think human abuse is worse in that it is a vicious circle. Those who are abused are much more likely to abuse animals/other humans.

mom of 6 cats
01-27-2003, 01:05 AM

I don't know how you can not be as upset over human abuse, that baby was just as helpless as an animal would be. an older kid can tell someone but not a baby.

popcornbird
01-27-2003, 01:11 AM

That's mean. :( Its a shame that humans should abuse youngsters of their own species. Not all people are animal people but all people are of the human race. I get upset when I see both animal and human abuse, but I think human abuse is worse because when a person is abused, they will most likely learn to abuse other people, and the cycle goes on. Animals cannot do that. :( Both are terrible. I don't see why you feel that way. :(

Pam
01-27-2003, 05:39 AM

I certainly don't understand this statement at all!! Are children, and humans in general, less precious than animals? :confused: All you have to do is read your newspaper now and then and you will see that some children unfortunately lead horrible lives at the hands of their so-called parents/caregivers. Many never recover and carry this into their adulthood. I am a new grandmom (my grandson is 17 months old) and just hearing this story hurts so bad. I have said a prayer that someone in this little one's life may intervene if they know there is a pattern of abuse here. This breaks my heart! :( Mom of 6 cats this would have ruined my day too! :( :(

moosmom
01-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Abuse is abuse, PERIOD! Some people just shouldn't have children. That jerk is one of them.

Dixieland Dancer
01-27-2003, 09:52 AM

Unfortunately I believe there are a lot of humans out there who feel this way. :( Perhaps it comes from their own past of being abused and not being able to relate to humans as well as they can animals. It is a sad statement because all life is precious - human and animal.

Pam, I also pray that someone will come into this childs life and make him realize how special and worthwhile he is. I pray it is the parent after they seek professional help for irrational behavior and anger issues.

HoRsELUvR
01-27-2003, 10:53 AM
poor kid!i wish he had been treated better.

NoahsMommy
01-27-2003, 12:56 PM
If you had any exposure to this, I would bet all the money in the world you wouldn't be making this uneducated statement.

I love animals dearly, it makes me tear up just thinking that anyone could say a bad thing about an animal, let alone abuse it. :mad: But....animals don't have too much of a serious impact on this world. Meaning, that if God forbid, an animal is abused, it wont be on a killing rampage. When a child is abused like that, there is no telling what that grown up child can inflict on the world. Most, if not all sociopaths/psychopaths/child molestors/murderers/rapists were abused as children. And, like the previous posts stated above, people that can so readily abuse a child, can easily abuse an animal.

mom of 6 cats
01-27-2003, 08:39 PM
it was sad seeing that kids face as they left.
that guy really was a jerk. he needs help!
he has no idea what a precious thing it is to have a child... I don't know how he could not appreciate it...

lynnestankard
01-28-2003, 11:08 AM
I often think Mom of 6 Cats - any fool can have a baby - it takes someone special to be a Mum or Dad.
Lynne

NoahsMommy
01-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I often think Mom of 6 Cats - any fool can have a baby - it takes someone special to be a Mum or Dad.
Lynne
Very well said. I completely agree. :)