PDA

View Full Version : 4 day weekend!

HoRsELUvR
01-25-2003, 01:42 PM
our teachers need two extra days to do our grades,so we have a 4 day weekend!does anyone else get time off for report cards?

slleipnir
01-25-2003, 02:03 PM
No, we usually don't. But our report cards consist of taking the empty sheet around with us from class to class and the teachers just write our marks from tests and assignments..unless it's the very end of the year in which we wait a week after exams before picking it up..mind you thats a very bad week for me seeing I dream almost everynight that I failed something :(

primabella
01-25-2003, 02:05 PM
i wish i did! :( our teachers mark our tests, homework, classwork and assignments and put them on the report card. on parent's night, the parents come to see teachers and at the same time, get the report card. we always get a day off after parents night...which is comming up! :D

HoRsELUvR
01-25-2003, 06:52 PM
well, at least you get 1 day off primabella.that's always nice.slleipner-that sounds like an interesting way to do report cards.kind of a good way actually.

Kfamr
01-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Sometimes befor the end of the marking period is over, normally on fridays the middle school get off down here. But normally our exams are befor a break, so if you exempt you get two extra days off.

mugsy
01-25-2003, 09:42 PM
WHAT??!!!! Geez, I had my grades for 6 classes figured and in the computer in an hour for God's sake...what do they do use their fingers to figure the grades??? lol Our kids got a day and I was ready to leave after breakfast!! lol I stayed and cleaned the room and made new seating charts and put new class lists in my gradebook on the computer. Finally, I gave up and went to the office and sat and talked to the secretaries! ehehe

RockyRoad
01-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Heh, I wish we did. Our teachers make them, I guess at home and in their free periods. I really don't want my report card to come. I'll be lucky if I get to go on the computer once a year after my parents see my new and "improved" science grade. :( Anyhoot, you're lucky!! I wish we had a four-day weekend even though I just had one last week, you can never get enough vacations!:D

HoRsELUvR
01-26-2003, 08:12 AM
lol its true that u can never get enough vacation.good luck for the "new and improved science grade".

primabella
01-26-2003, 08:53 AM
yeah, i'm not looking forward to my math mark. i got stuck with a real ... jerk and he can't teach for...yeah. i hate him. i'm getting the lowest marks i've ever gotten in math! rotten :mad:

i guess its good to get that one day off, but it'll be kinda ruined cause i'm getting my hair cut and streaked that day and i'll probably be gone all afternoon. oh well...better than being in class. :)

HoRsELUvR
01-28-2003, 10:04 AM
what color are u streaking your hair.last year i streaked mine red.my math teacher is nice,but my English teacher confuses me.my grades in her class are sorta on and off because she confuses me.