View Full Version : Here are your babies, Wayne

jenluckenbach
01-25-2003, 06:04 AM
This is new baby Puma
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p30cffa401d96f302d29169b59c6cbdec/fcbb811e.jpg

and this is Chris (the Cristmas cat)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p59be096185d93a7ffac1373d9603cfe4/fcbb811f.jpg
this was taken at his shelter, that is why he is in "jail"

01-25-2003, 06:36 AM
These two kitties are gorgeous !! Are they Wayne's ??:confused:

Calico Chris looks a bit like my Maya !! Isn't it a girl too then ? :confused: :confused:

ChrisH
01-25-2003, 07:15 AM
My, oh, my, what cuties!:)

wayne0214
01-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Jen, thanks for your effort and answering my request.

These pictures were taken before I adopted two of the furkids at the local animal shelter. (I had just found their web site). The first picture is that of my little Russian blue, PUMA. We don't know exactly how old she is but I suspect her to be about 8 months old. Although this photo of her is taken while in her shelter cage, apparently, the door was open, or it may have been closed with the camera lens between the bars. If I remember correctly, she was very shy, and did not come forth to greet visitors to the shelter, except me. This is the same little cat that began to meow and attempt to grab at me with her paws through the cage bars. I went in and picked her up, and immediately she began to cuddle and purr. Puma became a bit perturbed when I placed her back in the cage and went to the keeper to discuss taking her home. She thought that I was going to leave her there!:( She stole my heart , and within about 10 minutes she was in my truck with Happy cat (not pictured) heading back to my home. She has become one of the most affectionate furkids that I can remember. Every morning, after usually her sleeping next to my head at night, I am welcomed to kitty kisses, purrs, and head bumpies. :) . Although she is very feminine in nature, she will , once in a while , play a rough game of chase with Chris, Tiger, Tiara, Blue-Czarina, Cookie, and King Otis -like this morning! .:D

......wayne

wayne0214
01-25-2003, 07:48 AM
The furkid behind the cage bars is Christmas-cat (Chris). He is so named because I adopted him just before Christmas this season. When I picked him up from his cage, he began to cuddle and purr. I knew right then, I had to have him also. Chris is the marbled orange tabby that I recently spoke of, although his markings are not visible in this photo, but his white underside is. He has become another "lover furkid". He is extremely loyal as I can count on him being with me, and "helping" with what ever I do and as of late, he has become very talkative. The sound he makes reminds me of the suppressed "yelp" of a hyena! Chris has also become my "airborne" kitty, because of his antics of running throught the house, full speed, and crashing into things. He is an excellent playmate with; Tiger, Otis, Happy, Fawn, and sometimes with Puma, and Blue. Like this morning whenever I hear my furkids running through the house with associated crashes, sounding like a stampede, I know who is the instigator of their play time antics. :D. Chris is such a playful kitty, he loves cat toys and I have watched him play with a "dangely bird" for an hour or more. He always sleeps with me on the covers at night on my bed, and like this morning, there were 8 furkids on the bed . Chris will immediately begin to purr when ever I pick him up and he is generous with head-bumpies and cuddlies when ever I watch TV, as he is a perfect companion and lap-kitty. Chris is a "cat-full" of happiness and joy for me, and I am certainly glad that I adopted him.:D

...........wayne

Randi
01-25-2003, 07:50 AM
Wayne, they're both gorgeous! At last we get to see a few of your kitties! :)

Thanks Jen for helping out! Are you going to try posting pics yourself one of these days, Wayne? ;) :D

wayne0214
01-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Randi, I suppose so:) It is just the matter of getting off my duff and attempt doing it! :D

.........wayne

catlady1945
01-25-2003, 08:40 AM
What beautiful cats. Congratulations!

neko1
01-25-2003, 08:43 AM
What cute kitties!!! We need more pictures!!:D

koxka
01-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Randi
Wayne, they're both gorgeous! At last we get to see a few of your kitties! :)

Thanks Jen for helping out! Are you going to try posting pics yourself one of these days, Wayne? ;) :D

Wayne ....I'm ecstatic.....:D ...more...more...:D ....applauses...

All Creatures Great And Small
01-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Wayne, I don't know who's luckier, you or your much loved furkids........sounds like a very happy household! I would LOVE to see pictures of the whole gang too!

Barbara
01-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Oh how sweet. Little Puma looks like Nakita's sister.

AmberLee
01-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Wayne,

Your fur-babies are adorable. Thank you (and Jen!) for sharing them with us.

NoahsMommy
01-25-2003, 03:54 PM
They are beautiful Wayne!! Glad to be able to put a face to a name. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
They are beautiful Wayne!! Glad to be able to put a face to a name. :)

My thoughts exactly! I saw the title and I thought "Oh goody, pictures of Wayne's kitties!" Puma is adorable and she looks like a little lover kitty. And Chris is such a handsome boy! I can see how you couldn't resist either one of them. I'm so glad things have calmed down in the health dept. with your herd and they are all settling in with you. And I can definitely tell they are the masters of the house when you put up an 8' computer table and they get half of it. Too funny! ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics and their stories again, and thanks Jen for helping us put faces with the names of Waynes kitties. Somehow the pictures really help bring out there purrsonalities when we hear stories about them and all their antics. :)

Cataholic
01-25-2003, 05:20 PM
Those are great pics! And, the narratives are wonderful, too! Thanks Jen for helping Wayne help us get to know his furries better!

wayne0214
01-25-2003, 05:54 PM
T & PM, I had to look up that thread about the 8 ft. computer table, through the "search" feature. because I forgot where it was located. And when I did find it, there was no response to that post. It is like every now and then, I'll put in something that does not draw any attention. However, I am happy to see some one caught it.:D Thanks for reminding me.:D

Miss Meow; Yes, we can add them to the "top 100" if you wish. Although I would like to post a better picture of Chris.

.......wayne

Miss Meow
01-25-2003, 05:54 PM
They're such beatiful cats :) Puma is so regal looking and Chris looks like such a friendly, loving cat :)

Is there any way we can add these to the '100 cats thread'? Wayne and Jen's families will get us a lot closer!

jenluckenbach
01-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by lut
These two kitties are gorgeous !! Are they Wayne's ??:confused:

Calico Chris looks a bit like my Maya !! Isn't it a girl too then ? :confused: :confused:
Lut, Chris looks orange and white to me (no black to make the calico coloring

jenluckenbach
01-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by wayne0214
T & PM, I had to look up that thread about the 8 ft. computer table, .......wayne
I must have completely missed that thread!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

I must have completely missed that thread!

Ok, now you guys are making me wonder if I really saw that! :eek: I must have if Wayne found it. I think it was either in Behaviour or Games...I think. And if I remember right, I saw it earlier today when I was a little rushed, but I did see it Wayne, and enjoyed the mental picture it brought of you on the computer with the boxes....that's where it is, in the box thread, I think, started by Lut....piled on the other end of the table, filled with your kitties. :D

wayne0214
01-26-2003, 05:18 AM
OK, the last I saw, it was the last post on the "Box Kitty" thead.

........wayne

Lillycat
01-26-2003, 06:19 AM
awww wayne, you are truly blest......8 furkids on the bed.....what a warm, fuzzy thought!

jenluckenbach
01-26-2003, 06:23 AM
OK, here is the quote about the 8' computer table (It was drving me nuts, not knowing)
Early last month, when I built my 8ft. computer table, that originally, I had planned it for other additional purposes, but I had to relinquish part of it to the cats because they took over the other end. I went to the store and found 4 tie-on chair pillows, and placed 2 of them on the table with an open box. All of this stuff is still here because there are cats on it and in it every day.

wayne0214
01-26-2003, 06:27 AM
Lilly Cat, Yes, they do keep me warm at night, however it is difficult to turn over:D Because they sleep next to me and on my legs, thus pinning me down under the covers! And if I wake up in the night and want to change positions for my legs, I disturb them and some of them get off, but come back again after I get re-arranged:)

...........wayne

01-26-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by wayne0214
Lilly Cat, Yes, they do keep me warm at night, however it is difficult to turn over:D And if I wake up in the night and want to change positions for my legs, I disturb them and some of them get off, but come back again after I get re-arranged:)

...........wayne

he he , great description, Wayne :D ;) :D ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2003, 08:03 PM
These are great pics. Wayne I'm glad that Jen can help you post some pics of your cats. Maybe we'll be able to see them all some day. :)