PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! I'm sick!

Andie
01-24-2003, 08:50 PM
I HATE BEING SICK! I blame it on my new job too. I've been working the drive - thru window and the grill and I think the constant changing of temps. threw me outta whack. I woke up this morning with a headache, a sore throat, and burning up (which made my stomach upset, when I'm super hot I'm sick to my stomach). Went to the clinic and found out that it was just a throat infection (not strep but they are treating it like it just in case). So on the plus side I didn't have to work today but I've just been feeling crappy all day. I've been going thru hot flashes and chills all day and I can't eat anything, just sip water. Sorry had to vent! Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go curl up in bed with Bull and hopefully sleep thru the weekend. LOL

OH I shouldn't laugh, my head is gonna explode! :(

primabella
01-24-2003, 09:26 PM
i hope you feel a lot better! bull will help you through it so hang in there! ;)

RockyRoad
01-24-2003, 09:31 PM
I HATE being sick! I get sick all the time, especially ear-aches and stomach-aches. Infact, today I went home early because of my stomach! Ergg!
I hope you feel better. I'm glad Bull is there to keep you company! You know what my mom always tells me to drink when I'm sick? Orange juice. It has lots of potassium and I think vitamin C, so it is always helpful. And milk coats the stomach, if you are having stomach-aches. They are still liquids, so it's not like you're eating anything. And make sure you suck on some lolli-pops or cough drops for that throat! LOL I sound like a mom! Anyway, REST and FEEL BETTER!!:)

NoahsMommy
01-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Poor thing....get better soon. Gargling warm salt water will help your throat feel better.

Crikit
01-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Cheer up Andie it could be worse, you could be stuck with a concusion like I am at the moment. Just take plenty of fluids and get lots of rest and I'm sure you'll get better soon.

Rachel
01-25-2003, 07:20 AM
I know how you feel, I hate being sick too. (My husband thinks I am a big baby). My remedy is lots of grape juice, cranberry juice and seltzer water. Take care of yourself and try to get some rest.

neko1
01-25-2003, 08:34 AM
I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest:)

Dixieland Dancer
01-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Feel Better Soon!! Puppy hugs from Dixie and Dusty are being sent your way to help speed up the recovery time!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}

HoRsELUvR
01-25-2003, 01:30 PM
I hope you feel better soon!being sick is so annoying!

Andie
01-28-2003, 09:02 AM
Thank you guys for all the well wishes and home remedies (and the puppy hugs). I'm feeling much better now (throat still a little sore). Bull kept me company for most of the weekend (when I wasn't having a screaming fits that I was hot. :o ;) )