PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad news.........

luckies4me
01-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Well first the good news. Today Dan and I went to apply for foodstamps to help us save a little more money until he gets his regular hours back at work, since it's been so slow. So we got $40 bucks for the end of this month and we get $137 dollars on the first for next month. This will help out tremoundously and help us save money. :) Which I really need good food now for certain reasons lol........

Bad news: My health coverage no longer covers dental! So I need to come up with 2,000 dollars to fix my tooth. I realy don't want to pay a lump sum of money right now, but I will if I have to. The problem is most of the dental clincs here will not except cash and that's all I have. Some of them offer payments but with a whole bunch of stuff connected to it. So if I don't get my tooth fixed soon I need tohave it extracted which is REALLY going to mess my mouth up!:( I don't understand why none of these places will take cash. So I am in the process of looking at credit cards or seeing if my parents can use their card and I will just give them my money. But if I don't find a solution soon my tooth is going to fall out.

More bad news: Today one of my does (female rats) got nipped in her eye. So we have a vet appointment today at 5 o clock on an emergency appointment. She was bleeding everywhere! I clean it up with some cotton balls in warm water and then applied some terramycin ointment. I just hope the site doesn't abscess and that she doesn't need to have her eye removed. Please pray for my little girl........she is SOOOOOO cute!!!!:D And pregnant!:eek: :(

Dylan also has a very bad cold right now. :(

Karen
01-24-2003, 04:44 PM
How strange that they won't take cash! I thought everyone took cash, my dentist does!

Too bad about your little rat, how did that happen?!? Somebody needs to play nicer ...

Hope tommorrow everyone's feeling better.

luckies4me
01-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Karen
How strange that they won't take cash! I thought everyone took cash, my dentist does!

Too bad about your little rat, how did that happen?!? Somebody needs to play nicer ...

Hope tommorrow everyone's feeling better.

I KNOW! I swear these dental clinics here are just wack! :rolleyes:

Well about my ratty, they were fighting over a treat. :) I actually think it's a scratch and not a bite now. I finally got the bleeding to stop and she seems to be doing a lot better now. I gave her a bit of predef too just incase it starts to swell. The vet said he couldn't really do anything about it besides put her on antibiotics. I may actually just take her anyway just to be sure. How does he know without looking at her is my opinion. Better to be safe than sorry, and it will give me peace of mind. I still have the appointment, we'll see what he says......