PDA

View Full Version : Government needs to get a life!

TheAntiPam
01-24-2003, 11:55 AM
Human-Pet Massage Areas May Be Banned
Thu Jan 23, 8:17 AM ET

EASTHAMPTON, Mass. - The idea of people and pets getting professional massages in the same place rubs city officials the wrong way, so they're trying to tighten some health regulations.

The Board of Health is considering a proposal to differentiate between animal and human clients of massage therapists.

"We don't want (massage therapists) massaging animals at the same facility where humans are massaged," Health Agent Dennis Lacourse told the Daily Hampshire Gazette. "Do physicians let you bring your dog into the examining room? No."

Lacourse said human clients in massage facilities used by animals could potentially be exposed to parasites and disease, and animal hair can cause allergic reactions.

"Pets have fleas," Lacourse said. "Fleas carry the plague."

The Board of Health will hold a public hearing Feb. 3 on a proposal that would require therapists providing massage or muscular therapy to animals to set up a facility specifically for them.

Massage therapists say their practice can be every bit as soothing and relaxing to pets as it is to their owners.

"It's been gaining popularity in the last 10 years," said Lola J. Michelin, founder of the Northwest School of Animal Massage in Redmond, Wash. "The market is definitely growing and expanding."

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by TheAntiPam

Huh?!?!?? What rock did this guy just crawl out from?

Well, everybody, get prepared to die since we're all going to get the plague from out pets.

Sheesh.....:rolleyes:

Dixieland Dancer
01-24-2003, 01:14 PM
They don't have anything better to worry about than where people get their massages???? :confused: They really do need to get a life!!! :rolleyes:

Some people have crabs or worse (I know I'm be petty here) perhaps we better protect our animals!!! Let's demand that they have their own sanitary place away from humans and see what government thinks of that! ;)

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-24-2003, 01:14 PM
Someone needs to find a hobby or something better to do with their time!

Not all massage places allow pets. You don't like shraing the place with animals, find another massage therapist! That is rediculous! You're getting a massage, not open heart surgery!

popcornbird
01-24-2003, 01:15 PM
:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Cataholic
01-24-2003, 10:26 PM
The PLAGUE? Is this the Fleabonic Plague? Save me from the FLEAS!!!!!:D

LoudLou
01-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by TheAntiPam

Lacourse said human clients in massage facilities used by animals could potentially be exposed to parasites and disease, and animal hair can cause allergic reactions.

Parasites, disease, allergic reactions happen ANYWHERE, they are EVERYWHERE!:mad:

As for , "Fleas carry the plague." I am begginning to believe that most Politicians and Gov't Officials do too.

Soledad
01-25-2003, 04:22 AM
But can you really blame "the government"? They have to do that kind of stuff, because the second a problem arose, they'd get sued!

iceyshiver21
01-25-2003, 09:52 AM
if people have enough money to take there dog to get a massage THEN why wouldnt the owner take the dog to a vet! I mean COME ON!! Dogs are Cleaner than most people i know!