PDA

View Full Version : Must See Video for Dog Lovers...

ParNone
01-24-2003, 09:32 AM
This takes quite awhile to download, but it's well worth
the wait. For dog lovers, especially golden retriever lovers,
it's a must see. I can't even imagine how much training
must have went into doing this.

http://tinyurl.com/46xm

Par...

anna_66
01-24-2003, 09:43 AM
That was so awesome, I can't even imagine all the work that went into that routine! They were great:D
Thanks for sharing that video Par.

Tina
01-24-2003, 09:59 AM
That was really cool!! Thanks for sharing the video.:)

trisha0503
01-24-2003, 10:16 AM
OMG!! That was so cute !!!! THanks PAR for sharing that clip ;)

Dixieland Dancer
01-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Canine Freestyle is another event that is changing the face of dog ownership. More and more clubs are teaching this wonderful interactive dancing with your dog. Usually a handler starts out learning obedience and graduates to these special steps with your dog. If you look into it most of these dogs that perform at the level of the one in the video are OTCH (Obedience Trial Champions) or very close to it!! By the way... if memory serves me the dog and handler in the video are the National Champions of Canine Freesytle in 2001.

HERE (http://www.canine-freestyle.org/cfflevels.html#Eligibility) is a link to more information on what is required to enter a canine freestyle competition. If you know basic obedience you can probably enter your dog in Level 1. Dixie and I did this for awhile but I did not feel comfortable dancing in front of people so we just do it now on our own occassionally as something fun to do. I have two left feet!! :rolleyes: Dixie loved it!!! :D :D

ParNone
01-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Glad you guys loved it! I thought it was very creatively done,
especially if you've seen Grease.

Thanks for the info Dixie! I just had a friend ask me details about
it and I didn't have a clue, so I passed the link on to her.
It looks like a lot of fun to me too, but like you I've two left feet,
so I'll probably stick to hiking and dog agility.

Par...

Jessica12345
01-24-2003, 11:00 AM
that was awsome! that must have taken forever.... mmmmmmm............ well, i better start training! :) imagine peoples faces! jewels is really smart and learns quick.;) ;) ;)

AdoreMyDogs
01-24-2003, 11:14 AM
That was so beautiful that it made me teary eyed.

lizbud
01-24-2003, 11:53 AM
WOW, That was an awesome video.:D I couldn't help but
notice the dog's eyes never left the lady dancing. A combo
of hand & maybe arm movements on the lady's part showed
the Golden just what was being asked of him/her. That is
one very well trained & very beautiful doggie. Wonderful. :D

slleipnir
01-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Wow, thats adorable! I loved the little paw thingie..That dog is so well trained for this, its amazing:D

Cisco's Mom
01-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Wow!! I really enjoyed watching the video. Thanks for posting the link. That was just amazing. I can imagine that took alot of work, but it sure looks like fun!:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-24-2003, 07:45 PM
OMG!!!!
That sweet puppy looks soooo happy!! How much fun that must be!!!!!! CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTE!!!

lizbud
01-24-2003, 08:02 PM
I loved the paw thingie also.:) The audience went wild on
that one. LOL. I like it when the Golden actually walked backwards weaveing in time with the music. Awesome !!!
I'd love to see a show like that in person...

Cincy'sMom
01-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Thanks for sharing the video! Sadie and I absolutly LOVE freestyle! Ralph and I took the girls to a seminar last winter and have been hooked ever since! Sadie and I took a class last fall and continue to work on a routine...we aren't nearly as polished as the video, but Sadie is doing great and knows a lot of the same behaviors. She even got to dance at a Halloween party/Shelter fundraiser! I am hoping to compete with Sadie this summer in Michigan! We have not taken Cincy through the class yet, but she loves doing the tricks at home!

primabella
01-24-2003, 09:30 PM
oh, how cute! thanks for the video, it was great. i especially enjoyed the song ;) i saw something like this on petsburgh usa (APL) and it's amazing. mickey won't even sit still. really amazing. thanks! :D

sabies
01-24-2003, 09:46 PM
oh my god that's amazing!

mugsy
01-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Very cool!! Amy, I thought you were into that. I could have fun doing that with Sox...she'd be awesome.

Cincy'sMom
01-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
Very cool!! Amy, I thought you were into that. I could have fun doing that with Sox...she'd be awesome.

You should try it!! even if you don't use ot for anyhting just teaching the new tricks like spins and weaves is fun!

Cookiebaker
01-25-2003, 09:54 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!! I love that!! My whole family was together tonight, and I played it for them. :o :D They thought it was awesome! I can only imagine how much work that was to put together. If you look really closely at one point, you can tell that she gave him a treat. I still have that song going through my head.

Pam
01-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

DaneLover
01-26-2003, 10:58 PM
if you guys are interested in seeing (sp?) different videos of dog freestyle, go to this page:

http://www.musicaldogsport.org/VIDEOS.htm

there's 3 other videos besides Rookie there...

Great dogs!!!