PDA

View Full Version : Eukanuba Dog Show

Pam
01-23-2003, 10:30 AM
This Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. on Animal Planet is the Eukanuba Dog Show. Unfortunately I know several Pet Talkers don't get Animal Planet. :( I think Westminster is the second Monday and Tuesday of February but I'm not sure about that. Anyone know?

Pam
01-23-2003, 10:44 AM
I just realized there is another thread going about this. Oh well, the more who know - the more who can watch!

primabella
01-23-2003, 03:03 PM
thanks for letting me know. i knew it was comming up but didn't know when. i get animal planet, so hopefully i can catch it. (my parents arn't big on dog shows and i'm sure they're gonna watch a movie that night or something :rolleyes:

Rachel
01-23-2003, 06:59 PM
No Animal Planet offered with my ATT Broadband. Drat the luck.

tatsxxx11
01-23-2003, 07:30 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: I have ATT Broadband Rachel and have had AP since the beginning.....not fair!:(

Pam
01-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Bumping this up to the top so no one forgets. :) Finally something good on TV!

Karen
01-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Rachel - call your ATT people, bug them! I called countless times over a couple years, and this fall we finally got it! It was sooooo frustrating because the towns all around us had it ..... but now we do too! Bug them!

Dixieland Dancer
01-25-2003, 04:24 PM
I already told the family we are watching the dogshow so they can get all their complaints out of the way before it starts. I usually watch what they want so tonight it is my turn! I plan on having my bowl of popcorn ready and my blanket and pillow on the couch!

Dixie and Dusty have already been told not to bother me while the dog show is on too!! :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
01-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
I already told the family we are watching the dogshow so they can get all their complaints out of the way before it starts. I usually watch what they want so tonight it is my turn! I plan on having my bowl of popcorn ready and my blanket and pillow on the couch!

Dixie and Dusty have already been told not to bother me while the dog show is on too!! :rolleyes:

Does just telling them really work?? With sadie and Cincy I usually have to come up with a new bone ot toy if I really want to be left along for awhile...or make sure they are good and tired!!!

Pam
01-26-2003, 06:43 AM
For those who didn't get to see it, a Kerry Blue Terrier won. (I think that's the correct breed name. :o) My lack of breed knowledge is a little embarrassing. When he first came out I thought he was a standard schnauzer. :o

It was a poodle night for me! :) There was a man selected as best breeder, and what did he breed but standard poodles!! I just loved the glimpses they gave inside his house - Bellas all over the place! LOL! Then there was a three-legged black standard poodle that was honored as a therapy dog. She lost her leg to cancer and helps the little patients that she visits to see that she enjoys life too, despite her handicap. Even though Patsy, the black standard poodle, didn't win at least she won best of the non-sporting group.

As I watched each breed perform I kept thinking - that dogster looks like Star or Perry or Dixie or Tucker, etc. You get the point! :D Every one of the pups here at PT was on my mind. Even though none of our pupsters may ever be named Best in Show, they are the best all of the time! ;)

Dixieland Dancer
01-26-2003, 06:55 AM
It was the *Kerry Blue Terrier* that won. I actually thought the GSD should of won. IMHO that was one very beautiful dog. The face was absolutely stunning! Oh well, it was a very tough class to figure who was Best of Show and all the representatives from the 7 different groups deserved applause. They were all fantastic.

Pam, I also enjoyed the clip on the breeder of the year award. The gentleman who received the award was the true definition of a reputable breeder and then some! :D

And the trick to getting Dixie and Dusty to lay down was to make sure they were exercised before hand and during all the commercials I have to make sure I play with them. Then when the show comes back on they are told to lay down. :rolleyes: Several times during the show though I caught Dusty watching the dogs. He loves watching other animals on TV. Dixie could care less! :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
01-26-2003, 07:59 AM
Best is show was a tough call! The GSD was beautiful! As was the weimie, the dobie...all of them! I have sen the Keery Blue in many shows before and this is the first time I have seen him go BOS.

What I was thrilled about was that the Dalmation got 2nd in non-sporting...Dals never seem to place!

Sadie and Cincy were very good. I chased them around the house a lot beforehand and played lots of tug with Sadie and they were ready to sleep by the time the show came on! Every now and then I catch Cincy watching TV, esp. if there are puppies on it!

AdoreMyDogs
01-26-2003, 08:22 AM
It was a great show but I was dissapointed that the GSD, Dallas didn't win the Best In Show. I am not a big terrier fan, and Mick, the Kerry Blue, seems to win just about everything and, althought he must be a stunning representitive of his breed, I am a little tired of seeing him take the Best In Show. I guess because I am not a big terrier fan it's a bit dissapointing when Mick took it over Dallas the gorgeous GSD, but that's why I could never judge :)

The newfy was absolutely gorgeous! I enjoyed seeing him SO much, and I LOVED the way his handler was with him. She was really loving, and gave him a big kiss on his lips just before they walked for the judge. I would loved to give that newfy a great big hug. He looked like an angel and his movement was absolutely gorgeous.

primabella
01-26-2003, 08:38 AM
i was just waiting for the herding group to come on (my fave group) and was so disappointed that the sheltie, border collie or aussie didn't win. oh well :) for best in show, i was rootin' for dallas the GSD or the dobie. it was overall a good show. (even though i missed half the groups because of a movie):rolleyes:

RubyMutt
01-26-2003, 10:39 AM
I can't believe I forgot to watch it!! :mad: :mad: It came on at 8, and at 7 o'clock I remember thinking "only one more hour!". Thanks for the update though. I love Kerry Blues! I wish I could have seen it. I love dogs shows. Well, at least Westminster is coming up fairly soon. I know I won't forget to watch that. :rolleyes:

Sudilar
01-26-2003, 06:28 PM
I forgot to watch! So of course the GSD would place. Can't wait for the rerun.

Dixieland Dancer
01-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Leslie, my hubby loved the Newfoundland too! It was such a sweetheart!! ;) He kept saying "I would really like to cuddle with that big bear!!!"

lovemyshiba
01-27-2003, 03:53 PM
My stepmom loved the Newfoundland as well--she wants one, but my dad says no way!!
The coolest thing happened--my husband and I were wondering when we would see the people who we got Kito from on a dog show (they show Shibas and Akitas)--when the Shiba was on, there he was, Mr. Ed Finnegan--that's who we got Kito from--I didn't catch the Shibas name though, so I don't know if he was one of Kito's relatives or not--we thought it was pretty cool.