PDA

View Full Version : Good News for This Puppy

lizbud
01-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Here's a good news story to balance the bad I read today in
the same local TV website at Channel 6, Indy.

Puppy Survives Trip Lodged Under Car's Hood
Local Shelter Now Has Animal

POSTED: 12:17 p.m. EST January 22, 2003

MOBILE, Ala. -- There was more than horsepower under the hood of one Buick, there was some pup power, too.

Beverly Sellers was driving to work in Mobile, Ala., when she heard a muffled bark or two. She pulled over, but dismissed the sounds as some barking dogs in the distance or maybe something on the radio.

Finally, after driving about 5 miles, Beverly got out of her car and opened the hood. She found a 10-week-old collie wedged between radiator and the engine.

The pup apparently crawled under the hood looking for a warm place to sleep. Police had to jack up the car and remove a wheel to free the dog. The animal was scared but OK. The pup is now in a local shelter.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

lovemyshiba
01-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Wow!!! Thank God the pup is ok!!! My friend's cat used to get under the hoods of our cars all the time--it became a routine to pop the hood before we went anywhere, just to make sure Lulu wasn't under there.

I hope the pup finds a forever home soon, where it won't have to climb into a car to be warm.

ParNone
01-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Great story Liz! I'd love to see what the lil' guy looks like.
Any pics that went with the story?

Par...

trisha0503
01-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Great news:) I hope he's in good health too :) and may he soon find his forever home .

Thanks for sharing the story Liz !:)

Sudilar
01-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Wow! I would never think to look under the hood for a dog! Glad he is ok!!

zippy-kat
01-22-2003, 10:43 PM
WHEW! So glad the pup is ok!

In cooler weather I always make it a point to pound a couple of times on the car hood before getting in and turning on the engine. There are quite a few outside cats where I live and ya never know just never know when/if they'll seek the warmth from a vehicle engine.

No pun intended but as the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a 'pound' of cure (and heartache)!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-23-2003, 09:55 AM
So glad that pup is OK! I hope he finds a nice home where he can curl up by the fire to keep warm and not under the hood of a car!

Dixieland Dancer
01-23-2003, 10:04 AM
I can only imagine the terror this innocent little pup must of felt. :( He must have a special mission in life to fulfill to still be here after such an ordeal!

ramanth
01-23-2003, 10:25 AM
So happy to hear the pup is okay!

I don't know about you, but I'd take that as my cue to keep the little guy. :D ;)

Aspen and Misty
01-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I don't know about you, but I'd take that as my cue to keep the little guy. :D ;)

LOL, Thats what I was thinking. Hmm, a gift from god?

Ash