PDA

View Full Version : Help!

NoahsMommy
01-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Long story short, I had to go to the ER on Saturday and on the way threw up in my car. David didn't get around to cleaning it up (He's a saint!) until Sunday morning.

He scrubbed it with carpet cleaner, added a ton of carpet scent and I've added Fabrise. Nothing is working. My car smells like a combination of Hawaiian Breeze and a ycuky smell that I know is from the vomit.

Does anyone have any ideas? It is such a terrible smell that I have to drive with my windows down, yuck!

:( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

iceyshiver21
01-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Fabreeze always works for me! :( Hmmm..the only thingy that comes to mind is Tomato juice but that for animals with skunk smell>

AmberLee
01-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Oh, poor kiddo! Have you tried Nature's Miracle? It's done well for my carpets for both spotting and smell. Good luck!

mugsy
01-22-2003, 07:47 PM
I hope you're feeling better. We use Simple Solution when the dogs get sick and it's wonderful. I would assume that it would work for humans also.

lovemyshiba
01-22-2003, 08:18 PM
We use Nature's Miracle also, and Abbey gets carsick a lot, so it works well for that. Then we put a foam on it that dissolves (can't remember the name of it), and the car smells good as new!!

I hope you're feeling better:)

babolaypo65
01-22-2003, 09:07 PM
maybe baking soda? or carpet fresh?

i had the same thing happen (cept it was a friend who puked in MY car) its not easy to get out and is the LAST thing you want to smell having done it!

NoahsMommy
01-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys...we'll try all that. My car is leased and due in April...this just makes everything worse. :( Yuck.

I'm feeling a bit better. They had to give me morphine for the pain...that was interesting, but nice after a while. :D

babolaypo65
01-22-2003, 09:12 PM
wow, yikes. do you feel comfortable telling us whats wrong?

Chinadoll
01-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Have you tried white vineger? It's supposed to be good with odor removal. I also use oxyclean to get out stains and I think it suppossed to be good with odors to.

I hope you're feeling better.

NoahsMommy
01-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
wow, yikes. do you feel comfortable telling us whats wrong?
On Saturday morning, I woke up and had some oatmeal. I blow dried my hair after my shower and started feeling nausous. I decided to lay down and see if it would go away. It did, but I got a huge pain in my stomach (up, under my "chest" where your stomach actually is) that felt like heartburn. The thing is, it was coming from my stomach, not the typical place heartburn occurs.

I laid down again, hoping a nap would make it go away. Well, by about 4:00 it was a hundred times worse and would begin in my stomach and shoot down to my belly button, but internally. The pain was so bad and came and went just like contractions.

My hubby took me to the ER, which is about 5 minutes from our house. That is when I threw up almost the entire way there. Yuck.

When we got in, they took a bunch of tests and then hooked me up to an IV to administer the morphine, an anti-spasmatic drug for my stomach and fluids. The thing was, fluids were last, so the morphine felt horrible at first. I was really on edge at that point.

Anyway, my tests were fine. She thought it could have been something I ate or something related to my IBS.

I went to my doctor on Monday and they thought it was a virus and gave me some meds and a prescription for the anti-spasmatic drugs in case it ever happened again. If it does, I have to go back to the ER for a CAT Scan....kitties?? :D

I've been on a "Jello-Broth-Clear Fluids" diet for a few days, I'm now slowly adding crackers, bread and pretzels. I'm starting to feel better, but not totally. I'm just afraid it will come back and be something more serious. :( Prayers please. :)

So, how was that for a novel on what happened? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Doesn't sound like you had a very good weekend. :(

Once I had pains similar to menstrual cramps, but they were so bad that I went to the emergency room also. They diagnosed "an incidence of pain," gave me some meds and sent me home. Now, and even at the time, I'm thinking "What the h*ll is 'and incidence of pain'?" In other words, they had no idea what it was and gave me some meds to make me feel better (psychologically) and sent me on my merry way. :rolleyes:

Anway, I hope that's all it was for you was a temporary, one time thing. With everything we can get from food these days, it very well could have been some kind of virus that is just running it's course. I think you're smart to go slow on eating again though.

Sounds like you need some good rest and some serious snuggles with your kitties. How's that for a prescription! ;) :D

lynnestankard
01-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Poor Kelly - that sounds horrible - hope you continue to feel much better.
Chinadoll beat me to suggest White Vinegar for the yucky smelling car. It's pretty good on smelly carpets etc.

Lynne

Russian Blue
01-23-2003, 02:22 PM
I just saw this thread, since I don't usually venture over here! Hope your feeling better soon!

You need all the strength you can get to give Basil his pills!

:D

wolflady
01-23-2003, 02:29 PM
OMG! **hugs** That sounds terrible!! I hope it was just a one time thing. It's not often that I meet a fellow IBS person though!! At least if you and I go somewhere together and one of us "needs a bathroom NOW!", we'll totally be able to relate! :eek: LOL
Being sick and throwing up is the worse feeling in the world. I hope you're feeling better now!! Get yourself some goldfish crackers and chicken noodle soup!

As for the car, you may have to take it to get professionally steam cleaned if all else fails. Have you tried an enzymatic cleaner (like you would use for kitty throw-up)? I use Stain-Away, and it smells fabulous...like cinnamon!
I hope you're feeling better!
**hugs**

sandragonfly
01-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Kelly, I'm sorry! Glad you're feeling better... White Vineger is what I thought too, works good here too! But it doesn't go along with some carpets. When I read this thread, it reminded me of one morning, I ate scrambled egg and apple juice at the same time. Stomach says "I can't accept both of you so I'm going to kick you guys OUT!" I never could forget that. (But it went into toilet ;)) Bee Well!**HUGGING**

NoahsMommy
01-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
#1 It's not often that I meet a fellow IBS person though!! At least if you and I go somewhere together and one of us "needs a bathroom NOW.

#2 Get yourself some goldfish crackers and chicken noodle soup!

#1 OK! Wierd fate thing!! How funny that you and I are the SAME!!!!! ;) We'll have to chat... :D

#2 Wierd again....I've been living on chicken soup and goldfish crackers for the past five days! We got a HUGE box at Costco and I'm already on the 3rd pack! :) Um...I never knew that I liked "Chicken and Stars", yum! :D

You need all the strength you can get to give Basil his pills!
:rolleyes: Amen to that! Silly kitty! :)

NoahsMommy
01-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
In other words, they had no idea what it was and gave me some meds to make me feel better (psychologically) and sent me on my merry way. :rolleyes:

How's that for a prescription! ;) :D
Perfect prescription! :) Thank you!!

I know what you mean about them having no idea and just sending you on your merry way. I seem to have things wrong with me that no medical dictionary knows about. Its amazing how much doctors don't know. Kind of scary...

I'll try the white vinegar....will that leave any smell behind, do you know?

01-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Always after peeling onions or cleaning fish , my hands have such a yuckie smell ...:eek:
I always get it away by washing my hands with fresh lemon juice !
May this can help a bit for your car too ??

Take care of yourself , okay:)

ChrisH
01-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Poor you :( I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs

Chris

wolflady
01-23-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

:rolleyes: #1 OK! Wierd fate thing!! How funny that you and I are the SAME!!!!! We'll have to chat...

#2 Wierd again....I've been living on chicken soup and goldfish crackers for the past five days! We got a HUGE box at Costco and I'm already on the 3rd pack! Um...I never knew that I liked "Chicken and Stars", yum!

OMG! LOL LOL ROTFL! :D This IS way too funny! I just remembered something that our hubbys noticed about us when we met in San Fran...I remember David looking at us and he turned to Aaron and said "they're like two peas in a pod, aren't they" LOL LOL That was a good chuckle!
I can't wait for you guys to move here! You'll probably get sick of me! HA! :eek:

It's definitely all about those goldfish crackers and chicken noodle soup. ;)

popcornbird
01-23-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hope you feel well soon!

As for the smell, baking soda works wonders! Pour baking soda all over the smelly area (put a lot) and leave it there for a few days until the smell is gone. The vacuum the baking soda and spray some air freshener! Your car should be smelling like new in no time! That's what my mom used to do whenever we went on long road trips when I was little. I would get VERY nauseated on curvy roads and would throw up. I practically made everyone get out of the car on our way to Yosemite once when I was 5 because after throwing up the whole way, the car STUNK! My mom had baking soda with her, and put it all over the car. The smell had lessened to "bearable" within half an hour, so we could get in the car again. I hate getting nauseated expecially in planes, because you feel so helpless when in the plane, in a very uncomfy seat, surrounded by people on both sides, and get sick. I make sure I eat a nausea prevention tablet before flying or going on long road trips now. It really helps and keeps me from getting sick, and best of all, let's me enjoy the trip. :D