PDA

View Full Version : My dream, and a best guess as to what caused it...

AmberLee
01-22-2003, 07:06 PM
I know, it's dull as dishwater to hear about someone else's dream, but if you'd like to give this one an 'eye listen'...

This morning I was being dive bombed by little bitty piper cub airplanes with little ... non-exploding bombs that hurt but didn't explode ... thud, thud, thud, thud ... whatever that is. I finally awoke enough to realize I was in bed, and Cassy had accidently closed the door so he was trapped in the bedroom with me, so he was racing around the room (looking for a way out?) and when that big squishy speedbump in the bed got in the way each lap ... thud, thud, thud, thud ... he would just run it down. I've never known him to be so hyper, but then he usually has free reign/free run of the house. His normal morning routine is to cuddle with me in bed, so ... thud, thud, thud, thud ... why being closed in the bedroom was such a big deal to him is a mystery. Hmmm, much of dealing with cats is a mystery to me, so what's one more? I do rather resent being a speed bump in his racetrack, but am trying to be understanding about it. ...thud, thud, thud, thud ... Come to think of it, the itty bitty piper cubs were rather fuzzy, too.

Have any of you awaken to find your dreams were influenced by one or more of your fur-babies?

TheAntiPam
01-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Yes, indeed! I gave my poor kitty Daisy (RB) flying lessons one night because she got into my dream.

I was dreaming that I was on a subway and a man was going to stab me in the ribs with a big knife. I flung out my arm to push the knife away. :eek: :eek:

Suddenly I was wide awake, sitting up in bed, my heart pounding... and I realized I had just sent Daisy sailing across the room. She had jumped on the bed and run up my side as I lay sleeping - hence the attack in the ribs. Fortunately, Daisy bounced off a nice soft lamp shade before she hit anything else, and she was not hurt - just VERY surprised! :confused: :confused:

AmberLee
01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Wow! So glad she wasn't hurt and that you're okay too. Sounds scarey.

NoahsMommy
01-22-2003, 08:35 PM
That is too funny, and very common I would imagine. :)

My waking dreams are often of what is playing on the radio alarm...I have some weird dreams that way! :rolleyes:

All Creatures Great And Small
01-22-2003, 11:55 PM
My dreams are always really bizarre, but I can't really tell if they are caused by the kitty or not. I do incorporate background sounds into them; if I hear winds blowing at night, I dream about tornadoes, or if I hear the alarm clock, it's some other kind of warning sound in the dream. A few years back, I was prescribed Inderal to keep my blood pressure down, and it caused some freaky side effects, one of which was weird dreams/hallucinations. I would sit up in bed in the middle of the night, convinced that I saw animals or insects in my room, and I would be flailing at imaginary swarms of bees or swatting at ants on the bedcovers. (I know I whacked my poor husband more than once during these episodes.) The funniest was when my husband woke up and saw me peering over the side of the bed, so he said "what is it?" and I responded, in all seriousness because it's what I was seeing, "I think it's a goat." I soon saw my doctor and got off of that medication!

You know, my kitty does that frantic running from room to room if he has spotted an intruder on the grounds, and wants to keep tabs on it from every window in the house. Maybe that's why Cassy was so desperate to get out.

popcornbird
01-23-2003, 12:30 AM
AntiPam, your dream reminded me of a hilarious happening because of one of my dreams some years back. About 4 years ago, my uncle was visiting with his family from Canada. My younger cousin, then 5 wanted to sleep with me so she could tell me a story. :rolleyes: Not like I wanted to hear a silly little girl's pathetic stories when I was half asleep, but I couldn't break my little cousin's heart, so I let her. I dosed off to sleep while she was telling me some story about playing baseball with a cat (I don't know what she was thinking) but she didn't realize I had fallen asleep and kept blabbering on. Her words kind of converted into a dream in my sleep, and I found myself on a baseball field, with the bat, waiting to hit the coming ball (in my dream). At the ball drew nearer, I flung my bat and hit the ball. The crowd cheered.

Ok, when I hit the ball in my dream, I actually whacked my arm around in my sleep as if I was REALLY batting, and................well......................you guessed it. :o I slapped my cousin in the face!!!!! :o:o:o AND HARD! OMG! She was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" LOL! I immediately woke up and realized what had happened. After a billion sorrys and oops' and omg's, we were laughing our head off for practically an hour and couldn't stop. OMG! My chest started aching after laughing so hard! It was a horrible thing, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny! I would have never hit my cousin like that but in dreams, we can do anything un-knowingly. It was hilarious, something I will never forget in my lifetime!

AmberLee
01-23-2003, 12:39 AM
PCB, :eek: has she ever insisted on telling you a story since?
:p :D :confused:

popcornbird
01-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Actually, she was here for another 2 weeks after that and she STILL wanted to tell me a story after that! She wanted to see more funny happenings!!! :eek:

neko1
01-23-2003, 05:47 AM
The other night I had a dream that I took Neko to the vet and put him on the scale and he went from 12 to 15 pounds! It doesn't sound that bad, but he's not that big!! I think I had that dream because I had to take Cookie and Tama yesterday.

Many of my dreams nowadays are wedding dreams, both good and bad. June 21st will be here in no time!!!:D :D :D :D

RICHARD
01-23-2003, 02:36 PM
i had a dream where i was trying to run - in the dream i looked down and saw that there was nothing wrong with my legs but they moved very sluggishly.....it felt like walking in snow or quick sand...i awoke in the usual panic wondering why my legs were
not working.....

of course the cat was sleeping on the covers between my feet!:rolleyes:

popcorn,

did you get on base and what was the final score?

popcornbird
01-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

popcorn,

did you get on base and what was the final score?

No I was running to base when I heard my cousin yell "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" and woke up immediately, shocked at what had happened. :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
01-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by neko1
Many of my dreams nowadays are wedding dreams, both good and bad. June 21st will be here in no time!!!:D :D :D :D
I hated those....they had to be the worst dreams ever! My most common one was that I'd be out doing stuff the day of and all the sudden it would be 3:00 (wedding time) and I would have my hair all messy and no makeup and no one would help!!! EEEP! :D

neko1
01-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I hated those....they had to be the worst dreams ever! My most common one was that I'd be out doing stuff the day of and all the sudden it would be 3:00 (wedding time) and I would have my hair all messy and no makeup and no one would help!!! EEEP! :D

I have ones where I have forgotten that it's my wedding day. I also have ones where I get to the reception and nothing is set up. But I also have good ones of Brian and I at the alter and I also had one that I was at my grandmothers house showing her my dress (she died march 02 and hadn't seen my dress)

ChrisH
01-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great and Small
The funniest was when my husband woke up and saw me peering over the side of the bed, so he said "what is it?" and I responded, in all seriousness because it's what I was seeing, "I think it's a goat." I soon saw my doctor and got off of that medication!
LOL, so funny!:D

Chris

Nomilynn
01-29-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
The funniest was when my husband woke up and saw me peering over the side of the bed, so he said "what is it?" and I responded, in all seriousness because it's what I was seeing, "I think it's a goat." I soon saw my doctor and got off of that medication!

OMG... that really cracked me up!

I have a LOT of funny dream stories. Once I was camping and my friend came with me and my family. She and I slept next to each other on the back pull out couch of the motorhome. One night I woke up to something hitting me in the head. I woke Lisa up and I'm like, "what are you doing? are you dreaming?" and she's like, "I was just dreaming I was petting Rags (our Old English Sheepdog, now at the RB)" and I said, "well then pet Rags, not me!!!" we started laughing and woke everyone up.

One night I was dreaming about something.. don't even remember what.. and my dad was saying something to me, like.. "time to go to school" and it turned into "time to go to school, school, school, school" each school got progressively more 'throaty' because my dog was in my room and was making that horrible noise before throwing up! Luckily I woke in time and got him to some linolium, and then I couldn't stop laughing. My mom didn't understand at first why dog barf was so funny.

I don't know if I've had any kitty dreams.. probably, but I can't think of it now. Now I can't stop laughing at these memories! :D

HayleyRosie
01-29-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by neko1

I have ones where I have forgotten that it's my wedding day. I also have ones where I get to the reception and nothing is set up. But I also have good ones of Brian and I at the alter and I also had one that I was at my grandmothers house showing her my dress (she died march 02 and hadn't seen my dress)

I know how you feel. I had dreams about my wedding before the big day as well. Everything turned out fine although my dreams made me panic a little. Congratulations on your big day! A little advice if you don't mind. Take everything in! I can't remember a lot of my wedding. It went by soooo fast! We were married on August 17th. The hottest day of the year!

lynnestankard
01-29-2003, 08:16 AM
(.......Many of my dreams nowadays are wedding dreams, both good and bad. June 21st will be here in no time!!! )

All my dreams before I got married were me in a complete panic it was either - dress ruined, me arriving without make-up, not having my hair done oh the usual stuff. I was never so glad as when the dreams stopped - yep after the wedding!
Best of Luck!

Lynne

catland
01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
hmm - I honestly don't remember wedding dreams - must have blocked them all out.

As for kitties infuencing dreams, just last week I had a dream where I remember thinking that something was wrong with my kidneys - and I woke up to discover that Joxer was pressing his feet into my back! (I was sleeping on my side).