PDA

View Full Version : 10 Newborn Puppies freeze to Death

lizbud
01-22-2003, 03:00 PM
I read this story this morning on a local tv station's website.
I keep wondering where where this woman's neighbors? Didn't
anyone care about this poor pregnant dog? If anyone ever sees
or knows of obvious neglect like this, please report it.I wish she
could be made to spend even one night outside with no protection from the cold.

Woman Charged With Animal Cruelty

POSTED: 3:38 p.m. EST January 21, 2003

AFTON, N.Y. -- A New York woman has been charged with animal cruelty after 10 newborn puppies were found frozen to death.

Authorities say Penny Lynn Shaver faces 10 animal cruelty counts after leaving her pregnant dog outside her mobile home near Binghamton overnight.

The dog gave birth to 10 puppies as the outdoor temperature dropped close to zero.

An animal control officer says neighbor children discovered the lifeless animals the following morning and buried them.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

primabella
01-22-2003, 03:17 PM
how awful! :( :mad: why did she even leave her dog outside in this kind of weather??

lv4dogs
01-22-2003, 03:32 PM
That is terrible!:( How can anyone leave their pet outside with the temps we have been having here in ny. I also live in upstate ny and for the last week it has been 0 to low teens. Pregnant or not that is awful. :mad: Pregnant makes it even more awful. I hate people like that.

sammi
01-22-2003, 03:46 PM
That is so sad. I hope she no longer has the mother dog.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-22-2003, 03:59 PM
How horrible!! Those poor little puppies!

Aweful woman! My only solace is that she will get her own one day! She will! :mad:

lovemyshiba
01-22-2003, 05:40 PM
:( How sad
My dogs like to be outside in this weather, but I won't leave them out longer than 10 minutes--how awful of this woman:mad:

trisha0503
01-22-2003, 05:49 PM
This is so sad:( I wish pets also have a choice or freedom of choosing their humans :mad: :mad: May this woman get the ultimate punishment that she deserves :mad: :mad:

Poor puppies :( I wish the mother dog is in good condition :(

RockyRoad
01-22-2003, 07:36 PM
What kind of people live in our world! I'm sure she wouldn't like it if she was about to have ten puppies and was shoved out in the freezing cold! It just bugs me how people can do such cruel things to animals, especially pregnant and newborns! I hope the woman gets arrested for life, and the mommy dog goes to a better home.:( :mad:

Cookiebaker
01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is a hug my pets moment, and just appreciate that they will never ever suffer like those poor puppies. It makes my heart so sore to read something like this. :(

Sudilar
01-22-2003, 10:26 PM
This is so horrible. :(

Dixieland Dancer
01-23-2003, 09:57 AM
:( :( :(

ramanth
01-23-2003, 10:38 AM
So sad! I hope they find the dog a new home.

Pam
01-23-2003, 10:41 AM
This is just heartbreaking. There are not words to describe how sad it makes me feel. :( :( :(

Stenograsaurus
01-23-2003, 12:10 PM
We are suffering a cold snap here too. The high today is 8 but if you factor in the wind chill it feels like 20 below. I find myself constantly thinking of the poor animals who are forced to live outside. This would be a good time to say a prayer for all the poor, neglected babies out there shivering in the cold.