PDA

View Full Version : Dog Show on Animal Planet! Are you watching?

AmylovesMisty
01-21-2003, 06:16 PM
On January 25th(saturday)there is a Dog Show on animal planet at 8:00 eastern time!I'm SO excited it is the Invatationals and it is going to be very interesting! There have been commercials for it on channel 2, animal planet and probably channel 4! We can use this thread for conversations about who shouldnt/should of won favorites cuties and whatever! Are you going to tune in?

Karen
01-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by AmylovesMisty
On January 25th(saturday)there is a Dog Show on animal planet at 8:00 eastern time!I'm SO excited it is the Invatationals and it is going to be very interesting! There have been commercials for it on channel 2, animal planet and probably channel 4! We can use this thread for conversations about who shouldnt/should of won favorites cuties and whatever! Are you going to tune in?

I'm so glad you reminded me. Now that we finally have Animal Planet I can watch one with everyone else!

RockyRoad
01-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Ooh can't wait for it! Me and Lady love to watch it together!:D

Desert Arabian
01-21-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm going to watch it, just to drool over the sporting group. ;) :D ;) :D

delidog
01-21-2003, 07:36 PM
We've been planning this for weeks!!!!!
It is a fair trade!!!
I get The T.V. Sat.Night for my Dog Show...(the big screen!!)
John gets the T.V. on Sunday for the Superbowl....
(While I go to Wellington to see the first Grand Prix of the season!!!!!!!!!...Show Jumpers!!!)

See we women can reason!!!!!!;) :) :D

Desert Arabian
01-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by delidog
While I go to Wellington to see the first Grand Prix of the season!!!!!!!!!...Show Jumpers!!!)

JEALOUS!!! Oh so jealous! No fair! Take me with you! Be sure to tell me all about it when you have a chance! :) :D ;) :p

AmylovesMisty
01-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Karen- I thought of you when i wrote this for that specific reason!!

DD and YLL- Me too!!

All Creatures Great And Small
01-21-2003, 08:10 PM
I'll probably watch it with YellowLabLover if I have a chance - even though we don't own dogs, I still enjoy seeing all of them!

Kfamr
01-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Maybe i'll watch it

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks for reminding me. We will be tuned in! Andrew and I LOVE watching the dog shows!

Dixieland Dancer
01-22-2003, 10:52 AM
I hope I remember on Saturday night! I not only love watching them but I love being at them!!

I wonder where this show was held? Animal Planet was at the Cleveland show that we participated in. I wonder if it's this show????

iceyshiver21
01-22-2003, 12:43 PM
IM GONNA WATCH!!!!

AmylovesMisty
01-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Yah!! Now we have some people to talk with!! Watch out on Sunday and see the results!

Freckles
01-22-2003, 04:31 PM
HERE'S (http://animal.discovery.com/tuneins/eukanuba.html)
a link to the show on Sat. and rerun Sun.
It's a little different than your typical dog show.

AmylovesMisty
01-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
HERE'S (http://animal.discovery.com/tuneins/eukanuba.html)
a link to the show on Sat. and rerun Sun.
It's a little different than your typical dog show.

Thanks! This show is in Orlando not Cleveland,Dixie! Yes, i agree with Freckles not typical but im sure AWSOME!!

AmylovesMisty
01-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
I hope I remember on Saturday night! I not only love watching them but I love being at them!!

I wonder where this show was held? Animal Planet was at the Cleveland show that we participated in. I wonder if it's this show????

I would LOVE to go to a dog show sometime!!

Dixieland Dancer
01-23-2003, 10:35 AM
I think it will be neat to go behind the scenes of some individual dogs and see what their trainers do to prepare them for shows. I kind of like comparing notes and this will give me an excellent opportunity to do that!!

Thanks for the link Joan!!!

Stenograsaurus
01-23-2003, 12:21 PM
My co-worker is the breeder for the Schnauzer who won the best of breed. Unfortunately I don't get animal planet and I won't be able to see it. He and his wife are having a party at their house Saturday night during the show. They are soo excited.

AmylovesMisty
01-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Aww, but sometimes Pet Talk is better than Animal Planet any day!

lovemyshiba
01-23-2003, 08:54 PM
I will definitely watch, but probably one of the repeats, because we're going to my parents' on Saturday, and there's always so much chaos!! I love watching them so much, even though the Shibas never win--I think that's partially because they're in the same group with poodles, and they poodles are always a favorite. It's still great to watch all of the beautiful dogs though. And going to one is so much fun too!! We can't participate (our dogs are fixed), but we went to one this summer in Williamsport, and then the next week at Lehigh--that's how we got Kito. I plan on going to a few more this summer. One year, I would really like to go to Westminster.

AmylovesMisty
01-24-2003, 04:03 PM
I know Misty would loved to participate but she is fixed and a mixed breed that could be a little pitbull so unless we disguise her theres nothing we can do about that!

AmylovesMisty
01-25-2003, 02:35 PM
It's tonight!! Can't wait!!

Desert Arabian
01-26-2003, 01:33 AM
Well, I was right...I was drooling over the Sporting Group. Then, when the yellow Lab came on, it was a river of drool. I had to get a mop and clean up the lake in my neighbors living room (I was baby-sitting) J/K. Then, I ran up to the big-screen t.v. and gave the yellow labbie a big kiss :rolleyes: :D . The Working and Hound groups were my other favorties.

No offense, but I hated the Toy group, I love my pooches huge!

Jessica12345
01-26-2003, 07:37 AM
omg! how many people remembered?:rolleyes:
i loved the sporting group, because the cocker spaniels (american) were in their. he came in second though for the sporting group. my maltese is in the toy group, but i dont really like the toy group because of the way they make the hair. My maltese has a short "puppy cut". ;) :p ;) :)

Dixieland Dancer
01-26-2003, 07:37 AM
The Kerry Blue Terrier took best of show. I thought the GSD should of won! I also thought my favority group was the Sporting group. I wonder if it had anything to do with Goldens being in that group? I know, I'm helpless pathetic when it comes to Goldens. My husband has accused me more than once of having GOLD blood! ;)

AmylovesMisty
01-26-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
The Kerry Blue Terrier took best of show. I thought the GSD should of won! I also thought my favority group was the Sporting group. I wonder if it had anything to do with Goldens being in that group? I know, I'm helpless pathetic when it comes to Goldens. My husband has accused me more than once of having GOLD blood! ;)

I know!! So exciting!! I may go watch the repeat in 4 minutes
!!

apcrs5122
01-26-2003, 12:07 PM
I watched it last night and it was the best! I love the toy and working groups. I think all the dogs were absolutly gorgeous!;)

Aspen and Misty
01-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Who won????

Ash

AmylovesMisty
01-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Ash, the Kerry Blue Terrier won Best in Show!!