PDA

View Full Version : Names for our Doggie Daycare Center

Dixieland Dancer
01-21-2003, 01:54 PM
You guys can be a big help. In order to start our partnership for our Doggie Daycare Center, my friend and I need to come up with a LEGAL name of the business. We have been kicking a few ideas around but thought I'd ask for your opinions!

Thanks for the input!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Tough decision, Candy!

They all are great.
I particullarly like The DAWG House. Your slogan can be:

"Where being in the dog house isn't a bad thing!"

NoahsMommy
01-21-2003, 02:08 PM
I voted for "A Place to Bark"....I thought is was really cute! :)

Logan
01-21-2003, 02:14 PM
I voted for "Happy Dawgs Canine Center", but you know what?? All of them are precious, so whatever you decide should work!!!

Desert Arabian
01-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest

I really like that! :) :D

01-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Doggie den !!

slleipnir
01-21-2003, 03:00 PM
I voted for Doggie Den too, interesting names, tough choice :D

Cookiebaker
01-21-2003, 03:10 PM
I voted for the Dawg House...that is soo cute!

primabella
01-21-2003, 03:20 PM
dawg house! lol...doggiesarethebest's slogan is real good too! :D good luck!

aly
01-21-2003, 03:35 PM
I voted for 'PAWSitive Paws Canine Center'. If I were driving by, I'd be more likely to check it out if it had the word positive in the name. But I do like all the names and don't think you can go wrong :)

AmberLee
01-21-2003, 05:38 PM
I like them all, but think something with dogs in the title is more apt to get attention. (Paws in the title immediately brings cats to my mind, I know, I'm feline-centric, but it could confuse others, too.) I voted for the Doggie Den, but think you'll have success whatever the name.

Rachel
01-21-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm still not allowed to vote, but if I were, I would vote for the Happy Tails one.

The best of luck on your new venture.

wolflady
01-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Tough decision, Candy!

They all are great.

LOL LOL I like it, I like it!!! :D

gini
01-22-2003, 09:49 AM
I voted for The Dawg House too. I guess because it is short and would be easy for people to remember. My vet owns a pet shop that is called "The Barking Lot". I have always thought that was pretty cute too.

Dixieland Dancer
01-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Tough decision, Candy!

They all are great.

Actually Souraya, that one was my husbands suggestion and his slogan was very similar to your suggestion.

"Where being in the dog house is a good thing!"

Great minds think alike!!!

I tend to go for the PAWSitive Paws Canine Center. All our training methods are strickly positive. We are not going to allow dogs on choke chains or any negative training.

Stenograsaurus
01-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Tough decision. I'll have to think about it a little. We have a grooming shop around here called The Doggie Den and they sell puppies that come from the Lancaster area :( so I would not vote for that one.

iceyshiver21
01-22-2003, 12:50 PM
I voted for the DAWG House! :)

*I really liked the slogen! Its so Cute!!

My small time dog rescue was Called Icey Four Paws. Go figgure!

Sudilar
01-22-2003, 02:43 PM
I like PAWSitive Paws Canine Center, especially because you will do training there. PAWSitive caught my eye because positive training is what I would be looking for. However, all the names are great!

Cataholic
01-22-2003, 05:34 PM
I liked The Dawg House.

I do not like the Pawsensitive...or anything with the Paw in it. While I understand your message, it takes a few seconds to let the phonetics settle.

And, I am assuming since you said "legal" name, you are incorporating or something like it? And, that you double and thriple checked the availability of the name from your SOS??? Not only are exact names often considered unavailable, but, so are really similar names...

Cinder & Smoke
01-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Happytail's Doggie Daycare and Training Center
PAWSitive Paws Canine Center
The DAWG House
All Things PAWSitive
The Place to Bark
Furry Friends Dog Care Center
The Dog Zone
Fido's Hangout
Happy Dawgs Canine Center
The Doggie Den

ALL are catchy Names...

Consider:

Phone Books - a word like "The" and/or "All" as the FIRST word makes it difficult to Find the name in alphabetical lists... SOME lists *drop* common words and use the next word - folks often don't know if they should search under the common word or the next one.

LENGTH of the Name...
Too Long and it will often get abbreviated - how badly it looks abbreviated depends on Who did the abbreviating ~~ Short *IS* Sweet - and often times more easily remembered!

"Cute" Factor -
Cute is often good; TOO "cute" and people might not take you seriously. Us *older* folks sometimes shy away from a name that seems "Too Cute".

I suggest any of the shorter ideas, and without any leading common words.

But YOU will like whatever you choose! And you Have to like it!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Excellent points, Phred!

Dixieland Dancer
01-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Yes those are points I hadn't taken into consideration Phred! I did know about making sure it was unique before making it legal though. Many thanks for the information! :)

All your points are well taken! I knew I could count on you guys!!! :D :D :D