PDA

View Full Version : well, darn

COCatMama
01-20-2003, 10:54 PM
I failed my road test today :(
and my Dr says I have free-floating anxiety -- explanation for the chest discomfort I talked about a few weeks ago.

:/

joycenalex
01-21-2003, 11:42 AM
so when can you retake the road test, and what will you do about the anxiety? meds? biofeedback? therapy? best wishes, joyce

mugsy
01-21-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear about both. How long do you have to wait to retake.

I have 2 friends with anxiety and one takes Zanax, but the other one's doctor won't let her take it because it's addictive. Not much of a choice there is there?

Let us know how you are.

NoahsMommy
01-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Another anxiety drug is Paxil. A lot of people take that and really like the results. Did your dr. prescribe anything for you?

And, don't worry about not passing your driving test. I failed mine the first time I took it too...just take it again. :)

lovemyshiba
01-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Failed my road test the first time too:rolleyes:

About the anxiety--I used to have horrible anxiety attacks--led me to stay home a lot, and not drive or anything. I started seeing a therapist, and taking Zoloft, and it helped a lot. I have since switched to Effexor, because of the side effects, and it is helping just as well.
Good luck to you!!!!
You know there's always someone to "talk" to here.

sammi
01-21-2003, 02:34 PM
That is a bummer - can you take it again without the training course? What is "Free Floating" anxiety? Never heard the term before.

AmberLee
01-21-2003, 05:14 PM
I flunked my road test the first time, too.

Good luck. Are the two related for you?

COCatMama
01-21-2003, 07:40 PM
My doctor didn't tell me what to do about the free-floating anxiety grrr. Should I meditate or something? *sigh*
i had a dr appt after my road test. I can take the road test again in 2 weeks, but I am not ready for it

NoahsMommy
01-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Lalania
My doctor didn't tell me what to do about the free-floating anxiety grrr. Should I meditate or something? *sigh*
i had a dr appt after my road test. I can take the road test again in 2 weeks, but I am not ready for it
There really is a lot you can do to make the anxiety go away if it is something that comes and goes for you. I used to get really anxious when I had to do anything new, even jury duty! What worked for me was my faith. But there are lots of things, like whenever you have a stressful situation, you can repeat a phrase in your mind over and over until you calm down. Like, "I can totally do this, I'm bigger than this."

I'm suprised the dr. didn't recommend you at least see a psychologist for a few visits. They can help you get to the root of your fears/anxiety. Not to diagnose you, but do you have a problem with confidence? Maybe this is something you can work on and in time, your anxiety will go away.

Anyway, we're hear if you need to vent/talk. :)

iceyshiver21
01-22-2003, 12:53 PM
OH my gosh! I was soppose to take my road test in OCTOBER! and I plain Forgot! Mostly Im scared I'll fail! :(

COCatMama
02-03-2003, 09:59 PM
sorry for the late reply *LOL*
to answer at least one question, yes I have self-confidence probs...always have.
That dr is useless, time to find a better one I guess