PDA

View Full Version : Poor health in our home.

Aspen and Misty
01-20-2003, 06:01 PM
We are having bad health with our animals right now. :(

Teddy never has really recoverd from his Nutering (sp) he has been acting more uncomfortable and not himself. My mom is worried he won't live till the end of the year, we told her thats crazy, but he is acting diffrent. We don't think anything is medically wrong with him, we just think its his age, he is 11. Guy (our Oscar) bit Kitties (our cat fish) tail off. We are fatting her up and puting treatment on it so it will heal faster. Hopefully it will heal soon and she will be back to normal. Our Frog, Big momma died today, we think she wasn't getting ehough air. Her roomies, Twitch and Sprite aren't looking so good either. Sprite has stopped eating and twitch is getting thinner. We bought a screen top and are hopeing that will help with the air problem and that Sprite will start eating again. I'm really worried about them, we don't think that Sprite will make it, he is so thin, so very thin. Twitch, he might be skinny but he is eating. If you could please pray or/and keep them inyour thoughts, it would be greatly apreciated.

Ash :(

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-20-2003, 06:14 PM
I am sorry to hear about all that is going one with your pets :( Have you talked to a vet about Teddy's condition? My sympathies on the loss of Big Momma. And poor Kitty! Hope her tail heals soon. Sprite and Twitch are in my thoughts as well!

Nomilynn
01-20-2003, 06:19 PM
I will pray that all your pets and family get well.

primabella
01-20-2003, 06:21 PM
praying for your pets! :(

jenluckenbach
01-20-2003, 06:23 PM
thoughts and prayers are with you in your times of troubles.

lovemyshiba
01-20-2003, 06:27 PM
We're praying for everyone at your house--I hope they all get better soon. So sorry to hear about Big Momma's passing. I hope the other 2 get better soon.

mugsy
01-20-2003, 06:56 PM
I hope all is going to get better with your pets' health soon. I'm sorry for your losses. They're added to the prayer list.

sammi
01-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Will pray and send positive thoughts to you and your pets. Sorry about your loss.

luckies4me
01-20-2003, 08:29 PM
" Our Frog, Big momma died today, we think she wasn't getting ehough air. Her roomies, Twitch and Sprite aren't looking so good either. Sprite has stopped eating and twitch is getting thinner. We bought a screen top and are hopeing that will help with the air problem and that Sprite will start eating again."

I don't understand??? You kept them in a tank with no air circulation? You can't keep an animal in a tank without holes for air to come in. I am thouroughly confused. :confused:

Frogs are very hard to take care, do they have a light? They could be thin from lack of water too....caused them to dry up and die. Do they have a water hole in their tank? What do you keep them in? What type of frogs are they? Most frogs usually eat around 12-30 crickets a night. Do you dust their crickets? Reptiles and amphibians suffer from calcium defiencies really easily. But again they need to stay very moist or they will die.

So sorry about your frog and the other pets. I will keep them in my prayers. Maybe you can take the frogs to an exotic vet who would be able to offer some advice. Good luck! :)

Aspen and Misty
01-21-2003, 04:46 PM
No no no no no about the air thing! The top was cracked ando nly coverd some of the tank (other half covered with screen) and we were todl that it would be enough air circulation. Again, as I posted in my other thread, they are not our frogs, although my family is very close with them, and we have been getting the wrong information about them. We have been now doing our research since the man who owns them has not and we are taking much better care of them. If you want to read more about my answers go to pet genral and the thread I posted there.

Thanx to everyone else, its comforting ot know other people are praying for my babies.

Ash

luckies4me
01-21-2003, 05:26 PM
I also said a prayer for them too, don't assume I didn't just because I asked a few questions.

"So sorry about your frog and the other pets. I will keep them in my prayers. Maybe you can take the frogs to an exotic vet who would be able to offer some advice. Good luck! " that's what I said. :)

Aspen and Misty
01-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that! I knew you were saying prayers for them. I didn't mean that at all!! Sorry bout that. I thought I thanked you up there but I guess I forgot! I'm glad you aksed me questions adn kinda told me that I needed to do my research before getting animals. It shows that you really care about animals and don't want an idiot going otu and buying frogs and suficating them. I totally understand and you were asking questions out of the welfare fo the animals! So in a way you showed you cared about my animals in that you asked questions, and for that I owe you many thanx.

Ash

ps: Not saying the rest of you who didn't ask questions don't care, cause I know you love animals just as much as luckies4me!!

RockyRoad
01-21-2003, 07:23 PM
I replied to your post in P.G., but I'll say it again because I never prayed for Teddy and Kitty. I hope Kitty's tail heals soon. And I hope Teddy is going to be okay. Of course I hope the froggers will be okay. I'm glad Twitch is eating. I hope the screen helps. We're keeping you all in our thoughts. And Big Momma, may she rest in peace.