PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers!!!!

Aspen and Misty
01-20-2003, 04:12 PM
We had 3 poison dart frogs. Big Momma, Sprite, and Twitch. Sprite has been sick for about 2 days and we have been trying to get him health again. We got fruit flys from Clyde peeling (we actually got to meet him!!!!!!! :eek: ) and we have been getting him back to healt hand removed him from the tank. Today my sister went into see them and Big momma was dead. She picked her up and everything. Twitch is also looking really skinny now. We are going ot the pet store and my sister is trying to get ahold of Chad peeling (Clyde's son). Please we need prayers, we dont' think there going to make it, they are so sick. :(

Ash

RockyRoad
01-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Oh Ash I am so sorry for Big Momma. May she rest in peace.
As for Twitch and Sprite, I pray they will recover. I hope there's a way they can get better.
All fingers, paws, and fins are crossed for you and your Frogs.

tatsxxx11
01-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Oh Ash, I'm so sorry to hear about Big Momma:( I will be sending prayers and hoping the best for Sprite and Twitch. I'm so sorry:(

luckies4me
01-21-2003, 11:13 AM
I replied to your other post but I feel that I need to mention it again.

Poison dart frogs have very high living needs. You say they didn't have air because they didn't have a mesh top? Why would you keep them in a tank with no air circulation? That's like a life sentence. :confused: :(

Do they have a light and water? What is the humidity? Do you measure it every day? If they are dry they will die. What do you feed them? Can you not take them to the vet? Did you study these animals before you purchased them?

I am sorry for your loss but it doesn't sound like you have a clue how to take care of this species.

BTW, DO NOT handle these frogs. They are called poison dart frogs for a reason. Even after death they are still potent. Do you know what species you own?

Aspen and Misty
01-21-2003, 04:42 PM
First off, they are NOT our frogs, but my family has grown to love them none the less. They are my sister's boyfriend's frogs. He said he knew about them but ended up he didn't knwo anything. We have been tralking to Clyde and he has told us alot of stuff that Jeff "forgot" to mention! Poison Dart frogs (at least our species) are only poisiones if they eat a certain food and if you put your hands in your mouth after you ahev touched them, although we do NOT handle them. At the moment the frogs are eating Frut Flys adn Crickets, which is what we have been told to feed them by everyone including Clyde. Yes we mesure the humidity everyday and I beleave it is inbetween 75 and 80, which is what it is suposed to be. Our vet does not know alot about frogs. Yes they have light and they have a there very own water foutin. We were todl Jeff Stuidied the animals before eh got them and that everythign he did was what they needed. Although, we are no finding out he knows NOTHING at all and that everything he has told us is wrong. My family always studies up on the animals we plan on getting we would never go out and buy an animal. Me and my sister have been doing alot of resurch on them for the past 2 days and we have been getting in contact with reliable frog people who know alot abotu them. We are takeing as good care of them as we can, again, we were givin the wrong information.
Ash

luckies4me
01-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Well in that case CONGRATS to you and your family for taking them in and trying to save them. You can find soo much online. The temp sounds pretty good. :D

Poor froggies, he obviously didn't do his research. They probably have a calcium and vitamin D defiency. You should dust their crickets. I'm sorry that they are sick.....I would like to have a word with that young man though!:mad:

I used to breed all types of frogs so I know it's very easy to get attached to them. :( Good luck!!!!!

Aspen and Misty
01-21-2003, 05:55 PM
O Jeff is the kinda guy who thinks he knows everything and thinks he is a gift from god to women :rolleyes: . Don't see why my sister stays with such a ....... you fill in the blank, family website. He lamost killed Peaches when we got her, she is our Veiled Chameleon. He told us her humidity needed to be a 30 :eek: it needs to be a 75!!!! I don't see why my sister beleaved him about the frogs. We do dust our crickets, well they come dustied and we ask everytime we go to get them, we also feed them a special food/water thing that brings that up so they are extremly healthy for the animal to eat. Since we have Peaches we kinda knew what to do with them, even though they are 2 diffrent speciese reptiles seem to need the same thigns sometimes. Last I heard they both are eating. Although Sprite isn't eating as much and Twitch. :(

Ash

green_chameleon_girl
03-19-2003, 04:00 PM
NO!! FROGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! OR GET SICK!! I send all my prayers!! :o

Im so sorry for your losses

Aspen and Misty
03-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
[FONT=arial]NO!! FROGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! OR GET SICK!! FONT]

Were you yelling at me cause my frogs got sick?????? Or are you just yelling?

green_chameleon_girl
04-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Im not yelling...its just caps lock Im very sad though because frogs dont deserve to get sick! or die!!

COLOR=green]I love Frogs[/COLOR]