PDA

View Full Version : What would you recommend?

RussianBlueKitty03
01-20-2003, 09:32 AM
I'm going to be getting 2 more cats soon... any recomendations on what breed I should get???????http://petrefuge.com/available_cats.htm I don't know if this link works or not... It's a link to a local pet shelter that doesn't kill animals....

The ones I'm considering are:
Nokia
Ginger
White Sox

White Sox is on the second page so make sure you look! I need to elimanate one of those cats but I'm not sure which one!

wolf_Q
01-20-2003, 09:45 AM
I think White Sox and Nokia would look very cute together. They are all adorable though! There are some GORGEOUS cats for adoption! Have you met any of them yet? I think the easiest way would be to go there and let the kitties choose for you! :)

RussianBlueKitty03
01-20-2003, 09:49 AM
I haven't actually met any of them yet, I've just been looking at the pictures and reading the desciptions. I was thinking of Nokia and White sox... Ginger looks cute too though! First I have to fo over there and see if White Sox and Nokia like each other though!

Russian Blue
01-20-2003, 10:26 AM
I think the best thing you can do is go to the shelter and talk with the people there. Since you will be having a multiple cat family, they will be the best people to give you direction and which cat to take.

Remember that they have experience with the different cat personalities and could give you the best recommendations.

I fell in 'love' with Lauren and Katrina. But all the cats on that website are purrrific!

;)

jenluckenbach
01-20-2003, 12:32 PM
I would pick Alexander and McGuire, myself. Sorry, I know that is no help. I am excited that you will be getting new kitties.

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-20-2003, 02:01 PM
I would reccomend picking out the orphan/sick/ or non-purebred kitties that you know would not be adopted. :(

Fuzzy317
01-20-2003, 05:49 PM
I vote for Nokia. Says "Nokia has been at our shelter for a very long time and is in desperate need of a home!" give her a home to call her own.

Nomilynn
01-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I'm assuming by your name that you have a russian blue kitty now. You might want to research that breed first too. My cat is a russian blue mix, and she is very possesive and can be aggressive to other cats. But, if I made a wrong assumption, I'm sorry :) I think White Sox and Nokia are SO cute, but then so is Ginger, and every other kitty.. I couldn't decide. :p :)

wayne0214
01-21-2003, 03:53 AM
After looking over the pictures and the write-ups on each cat, how could anyone not be interested in taking a few of them home? There are many that I would be interested in, but, of course, I would have to find how they reacted, not only to me, but also with the other furkids there. I recommend this so that compatibility problems would be eliminated after you get your new kitties home.

Yesterday, I went back to our local animal shelter to look over a black and white spotted kitty. She was very affectionate toward me last week. However, when I picked her up from her cage containing 2 other litter mates, (she is about 4 mos. old), I noticed that she began to hiss and growl at the other furkids in the shelter, as I walked by their cages. Of course, this doesn't prove anything but I felt that she would be better off in an one-cat family. Thinking that if I should bring her home with me, she probably would be fighting with my other furkids. So far, I havn't had this problem with my menagerie.

(later) I returned again today, 1/25, to check out a few adoptables, and all 3 of that litter was gone, they had all been adopted! There was one little black kitty within that same litter that I was also interested in -but too late, again.

..........wayne :)

01-21-2003, 04:44 AM
That is a very tough question !! They are ALL cute :rolleyes: :D :D !
I would go to the shelter and let the cats decide ; see if they like each other !
My favorite here is White Socks

NoahsMommy
01-22-2003, 08:52 PM
That's a very hard decision....I'm very partial to orangies and to black cats, so Nokia and Ginger would get my vote. But, White Socks sure is a cutie too!

I would recommend going down there and seeing how well they interact with each other as well as yourself. That'll be a much better way to determine which is best for you.

Jill,
All the cats for adoption we're a specific breed, just tabby, blackie, tuxy, etc. You know, "our" breeds. :)

OK, I'm back...did you consider Cooper? He's only 9 months old and gets along well with other cats/animals.

catlady1945
01-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Alexander and Vern, for me. But go to the shelter and speak to the staff and they will probably have some recommendations depending on your household situation. They all look adorable.

Vermontcat
01-25-2003, 01:26 PM
I like Nokia(who it says really does need a home after being there so long) and White Sox. I also think Tia is pretty cool!:cool:

But it is important to meet the cats in person, talk to the staff and see how compatable the two cats you choose are there at the shelter before you bring them home to introduce to your other cat.
Please let us know when you go to meet the cats and which ones you decide to bring home. I think it is great that you can adopt two more cats!:)

RussianBlueKitty03
01-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Well I'm just kinda leaning towards Nokia. I found out that I can only get 1!!!! So I think that Nokia will be it unless she doesn't get along with Kitty. But how would I figure that out before I actually adopt Nokia?

NoahsMommy
01-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by RussianBlueKitty03
Well I'm just kinda leaning towards Nokia. I found out that I can only get 1!!!! So I think that Nokia will be it unless she doesn't get along with Kitty. But how would I figure that out before I actually adopt Nokia?
You'll need to ask the shelter, they know how the cats interact with other cats. It really is hard to tell, unless your current cat is happy-go-lucky and wouldn't mind either way. Out of our four cats, Basil is the only one that would greatly welcome a new friend.

Pam
01-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I would pick Alexander and McGuire, myself. Sorry, I know that is no help. I am excited that you will be getting new kitties.

Yep, Alexander jumped right out at me too! He sounds a lot like my Andy and looks like him too and I know he looks like your Monte, Jen!

I personally would not be able to decide from these pictures. The cat's personalities will come through when you actually visit them and they quite often do the selecting - not us! ;) My daughter went in search of a black cat and her little Dandy (white cat) was hanging her front legs through the bars clamoring for attention. Well, she got the attention and also the happy home! Let us know who you bring home! :)

RussianBlueKitty03
01-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Well I've decided that I'm going to get Nokia as soon as possible!

jenluckenbach
01-30-2003, 06:07 PM
congratulations on your choice. Keep us posted.

RussianBlueKitty03
02-01-2003, 07:46 AM
I will! I'm very excited!