PDA

View Full Version : He did it......he finally did it!

luckies4me
01-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Dylan did it. He walked today all by himself!!!!!!!!! I put him down and he just started to go and took a whole five steps all by himself. That was about ten minutes ago and now he won't stop lol! He was already cruising etc. and could walk with us but now this tops it all! I am so proud of my little boy! :D

Fuzzy317
01-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Congratulations to you and Dylan. He will be walking everywhere, will no longer be statisfied with stollers or child seats. :D

luckies4me
01-19-2003, 10:11 PM
LOL I know, isn't it great!!!!!!!:D :p

LoudLou
01-19-2003, 10:11 PM
http://animatedgif.net/people/babies/babywalk_e0.gif

WOO HOO Way to go Dylan!!!!!!! He'll Really keep you on your toes now!

iceyshiver21
01-19-2003, 10:44 PM
YAH!!! I have a two year old sister and once she started walking theres been NO peace!! LOL! Have Fun :)

AmberLee
01-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you all.

luckies4me
01-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Thanks everyone! It's just so exciting. We weren't even expecting it at all. And the coolest thing is that we both got to see it, Dan and I. :)

Chinadoll
01-20-2003, 02:01 AM
That's great!! My friend's baby just started walking also. She'll take a few steps and if you glance over she'll sit down. Almost like she doesn't want you to know she can walk...easier to get into things and blame someone else ya know?! I joke that she's hiding her walking ability until she can all out run and then watch out world!

01-20-2003, 03:38 AM
WOW isn't that super !!?!! Have fun , Dylan !!

Be warned "luckies4me" : your cats , rats , etc..;, are not safe anymore ....;) ;)

lynnestankard
01-20-2003, 03:45 AM
That's lovely - time to stow away all the 'stuff' you don't want him getting his little fingers on!! LOL! And childproof lock on cupboards are a great idea!

Lynne

Tina
01-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Congrats To You and Dylan!!

I know it has to be really exciting for you. I remember when Kaitlynn started walking it seems just like yesterday. My one friend Susan was up here I think she was after Susan. Anyways she got up and started walking toward her. I can remember how happy we were. I can't believe my little girl will be turning 3 years old in another couple of weeks.

luckies4me
01-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lut
WOW isn't that super !!?!! Have fun , Dylan !!

Be warned "luckies4me" : your cats , rats , etc..;, are not safe anymore ....;) ;)

LOL, they haven't been safe for a long time lol! He already cruises and crawls obviously so he gets to whereever he wants. Walking is not a big deal because he will only be able to get to the things he already can reach while standing/cruising.

He is really gentle with the cats and if he tries anything they just walk away. Mystic actually encourages rough handling....he LOVES it for some odd reason although he is a weird cat anyway.....:rolleyes:

The rats are out of his reach, he would crush them in a heartbeat. He does get visiting time with them while I am holding them and I let him pet them or sit on his shoulder. He gets a kick out of that!:p He thinks it is so funny!

luckies4me
01-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
That's lovely - time to stow away all the 'stuff' you don't want him getting his little fingers on!! LOL! And childproof lock on cupboards are a great idea!

Lynne

That was done a LONG time ago.........:p

The whole house has been child proof sense before he began to crawl. We have safety locks, baby gates to completely block off the kitchen/bathroom, outlet covers that are VERY ( it is unsafe to use the small round covers as they can easily be pulled out and choked on) safe. We use these safety first kind that that cannot be taken off that competely replaces the old cover, you screw the new one in and if you want to use the outlet you have to push in two sides for it to open up. I would go on and on about all the types of safety gadgets in this house but it would take at least thirty minutes lol. I even have tings we don't need yet......what can I say? I am just paranoid like that I guess...can't skimp on safety.;)

RockyRoad
01-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Congratulations to you, Dan, and Dylan!:) I hope he has tons of fun exploring on two feet!

lovemyshiba
01-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Congrats to Dylan!! Way to go!!!

luckies4me
01-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone!:D He's on a roll now lol!:p