PDA

View Full Version : A few things

Cincy'sMom
01-19-2003, 05:24 PM
First, I won't be on the computer for about a week after tonight...we are having our basement waterproofed this week and so the computer won't be hooked up (as it resides in the basement :) ) The pups are staying at my moms so the noise won't bother them...I took them to this afternoon, and miss them already! I'm sure playing with 4 other dogs will be much better for them then listening to air hammers all day!

Second, movie recomendation...we saw Chicago on Friday night. I have not seen the stage show, but if you like musicals it is great! And if you don't...well you may like it anyway :)

Seems like I had a third random thought I was going to share, but I have lost it :)

Have a good week everyone!

ChrisH
01-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Hope all goes well with the basement work and that it is all finished by next weekend. Then you can be back on here telling us all about how it went, and about the reunion with the girls! I am sure they are going to miss being at home with you a lot too.:)

Chris

mugsy
01-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Good luck with the basement!!

For some strange reason Chicago isn't playing here in Fort Wayne

Cincy'sMom
01-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Good luck with the basement!!

For some strange reason Chicago isn't playing here in Fort Wayne

I think it has oly been released in select cities right now, and it out everywhere on Jan. 24. Why Toledo, was select city, I don't know, but I was surprised it was here!

RockyRoad
01-19-2003, 06:42 PM
Good luck with your basement!:)

Chinadoll
01-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Hope all goes well with the basement.

Chicago was fabulous! I danced for 16 years and am obsessed with musicals and all things with dance... especially with choreography by Bob Fosse. Yes it did differ slightly from the stage. But for the stage, there are monetary limitations, set limitations as well as costumes being downplayed so the audience will focus on the performance. The movie was more elaborate....many different sets, different scenes able to be all spliced in to the same song, along with the costumes being able to reflect the time period. That's why some people liked the movie better than the stage...but both were fabuolus IMO.

babolaypo65
01-19-2003, 07:40 PM
i havent seen chicago yet, i want to! not here yet!!!

but just saw adaptation. WILD movie. if you saw and liked "being john malkovich" you'd probably like this one. (no guarentees!). its prettty convoluted and complex. ill have to see it again to be able to comment more.

lizbud
01-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Cincy'sMom,

I take it the work on the basement is not just applying a
waterproof paint type deal. Do they plan on digging around
the house foundation? Just curious, but why don't you move
the computer upstairs? Hope everything gets done in record
time so you don't miss the girls too long. Good luck to you all.
See ya when everythings done. :) Liz & Moki.

Cincy'sMom
01-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Chinadoll- I started taking jazz in the fall of '99. I liked musicals before that, but apprecaite them even more now. Our chreographer is a HUGE Bob Fosse fan, so I have come to really enjoy his work as well. My first year, we danced to "Me and My Shadow" and I have been hooked ever since!

Liz- The process we are having done involves both digging around the outide of the house and digging out the basement floor around the edge of the basement floor and install a drainage system/sump pump. According to the company, it is the most effective way to prtect both the walls (where we are getting cracking and mold) and the floor (which is also cracking). Not cheap, but garunteed for life, and I think a good step before we put up walls and down carpet :) They also install an air-handling system which should help with both the girls allergies and my own. Ralph also suggested moving the computer upstairs and I just re arranged the dining room so we could attempt it near a phone line. We'll see....

delidog
01-19-2003, 08:37 PM
CincysMom...good luck with the Excavation!!!!!!
Glad the puppers went to Mom Camp!!!!!
You are right....though you will miss them...they will have a better time there!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to attach a new spotty pic for you and Dakotahs'mommy.....
if not it came out under the Lets' see your cuddly best friends thread in General forum.....thought you might enjoy...

Have a Great week!!!!!

AmberLee
01-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Good luck!

AdoreMyDogs
01-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Good luck on the basement. Home repair stuff is fun to get done, but a HUGE job! We had our kitchen completely remodeled and we were without a fridge (except for one in the basement), stove, microwave, dishwasher, sink, countertops, flooring or cupboards for 7 weeks! Our contractor was an idiot to make us wait that long! I hope you have a better experience then we did.

As for Chicago, hubby and I just saw it and it was one of the best, most fun, most energetic, dance in your seat movie I have ever seen! I highly recomend it. We will be seeing it again, and when it comes out on DVD you can bet we'll be buying it :) When we were in NYC, we actually saw it on Broadway and it was fantastic, but the movie added some visual that Broadway could not. Just wonderful.

lizbud
01-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Cincy'sMom,

O.K., yes, I've heard about that process. You are right, that's
the very best way to prevent any future problems.I've read that
it's a bit expensive, but well worth the time & effort. Best of
luck to you guys. Hope the time goes fast . :)

iceyshiver21
01-19-2003, 10:42 PM
GOOD LUCK!!

Chinadoll
01-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Chinadoll- I started taking jazz in the fall of '99. I liked musicals before that, but apprecaite them even more now. Our chreographer is a HUGE Bob Fosse fan, so I have come to really enjoy his work as well. My first year, we danced to "Me and My Shadow" and I have been hooked ever since!

I love Fosse. One year for dancing we did All That Jazz. I loved it. It was soooo much fun. After I get my degree this semester, I swear I'm going back to dancing. So much fun and you can't beat the excercise. If you ever get a chance to see Fosse on stage, do so. It's awesome. It has all his best numbers from his musicals.

Check out: Fosse tour info (http://www.fossethemusical.com/itin.cfm) to find out if it's coming near you. I'm going to buy the DVD, but there's nothing like seeing it on stage.

Cincy'sMom
01-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Well, I guess I lied, about not being on the computer. After rearragning the dining room twice, we finally got it hooked up up here. It isn't pretty...phone cord stretched acroos the whole room, but it world for a short time!

The basement looks like a war zone!! There is plastic up everywhere and the concrete is dug out abour 1 1/2 ft all the way around. Outside there are huge piles of dirt everywhere! Can't even get to our front door! Oh wel, they are suppoed to be done by Wednesday! They work quick!

mugsy
01-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Good. I'm glad for your sake that it will be done quickly and that you got the puter hooked up.

lizbud
01-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Cincy'sMom,

YEAH !!! I'm glad you got the computer upstairs for now.
At least you can give us a "blow by blow" account of the work's
progress and also let everyone know when the girls come home
again. Hope everything stays on schedule for you guys. :D

Lillycat
01-20-2003, 08:36 PM
gosh....what a biggggg project! hope it all goes smoothly!!!

Cincy'sMom
01-25-2003, 05:53 PM
The basement is done!! Well...close enough! There are a few minor things, but the floor is repoured and dry and Ralph is in process of rehooking up the washer and dryer! What a mess, but they worked fast and got it cleaned up quick! They Started Monday and were done with everything inside by Wednesday!

Girls came home on Wednesday! It is great to have them back!!! They did nothing but sleep when they got home, so they must have had a blast at Grandma's! They are back totheir regular playsleves now though!!!

Hopefully I'll have pcitres of the whole project soon!