PDA

View Full Version : Oh Shoot it finally happened

COCatMama
01-18-2003, 11:23 PM
My bad. I hate long distance relationships, especially internet ones but I am afraid I am falling for this great guy I know. We are planning on me taking a trip down to...UTAH to meet him (NO he is not a mormon!) and I will stay in a hotel (mama didn't raise no dummies and she only got one kick at the can) I have actually know him on and off for approx four years online, but recently we've been talking every day and talking on the phone occasionally. We believe in the same things and he seems like a really good guy, plus he is GOOD LOOKING. *G* We chat on yahoo messenger with our cams too. *sIgH* he's so sweet, and no! I am not rebounding! LOL!

wolf_Q
01-18-2003, 11:42 PM
What part of Utah is he from? I hope you will enjoy your visit to the state...even if you hate "Mormons" (we're really not as horrible as you believe)......the mountains are beautiful, but of course my opinion is biased. :)

mugsy
01-19-2003, 12:12 AM
UH OH!!! be careful is all I will say. I have had bad relationships, but, 2 friends of mine ended up getting married after I introduced them online.

Mike says to forget that guy and break your computer and have a tech come to your house and fix it. Just so you know, that's how we met!! lol

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2003, 12:13 AM
I sure hope that everything works out. My brother met his wife online. He lived in California and she lived in Texas. They chatted online off and on for about 6 months before they met in person. Then she moved out to California and they lived together for a while. Then they got married and now they are living in Texas. They are very happy and are expecting their first child in May. Sometimes these kind of relationships do end up working. :)

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 12:56 AM
I don't hate mormons, I just find the religion distasteful :). and LOL @ MUGSY!!!!!!!! I think you can have good or bad relationships regardless of where or how you meet someone, and the internet is cool because you can meet people thousands of KM away.

primabella
01-19-2003, 10:24 AM
i might sound like an idiot but i have never heard of a mormon. it's a religion? someone please explain :) and i have no prob with religions as long as they are reasonable. that's the best word i can use :p anyways, good luck with this guy! :) let us know how it goes! :D

mugsy
01-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Mormons belong to the Church of Latter Day Saints and are based in Utah since they were driven out of everywhere they tried to settle after their inception by Joseph Smith (and led by Brigham Young after Joseph Smith was lynched and killed). They have a website at www.lds.org , you can go there and read more about the religion.

primabella
01-19-2003, 11:47 AM
oh, okay :) thanks :D

Karen
01-19-2003, 12:37 PM
I met and married Paul before the Internet was prevalent, but have made some very dear friends online, including one sweetheart, Phillip, who kept the same tone of message even after I informed him that not only was I married, but I was married to the SYSOP! (Similar to an Internet bulletin board administrator, only thought of as more mysterious and omnipotent at the time.)

Do be careful, and, depending on what part of Utah you'll be in, maybe you can also meet up with a Pet Talk person or two next time! :)

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 01:05 PM
He lives in Ogden which is near SLC. Does anybody on PT live in or near Ogden? I need to find a motel/hotel there if one even exists in Ogden *G*.

luckies4me
01-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Please be careful. That is how I met me ex. And well, he tried to kill me and turned out to be a complete spycho! Although I am best friends with his brother......LONG story.

We met online and he lives two cities away. We met while I was in another relationship with this guy Chris. He pushed me into a wall one day and really hurt me so I took off with George, who by the way turned out to be even worse than Chris! We were together for a few months and he started to get really controlling. I couldn't talk on the phone to family, I couldn't have friends etc. He started to beat me, puching me in the face and grabbing my arms so hard they would literally leak blood. I had bruises so deep you thought I had leaches stuck to me! Then the big night came when he tied me up with zip ties to the bed. He put a knife to my throat and then elbowed me in the mouth. I split my tongue and blood started leaking everywhere. I screamed so loud crying and crying. He mother or sister or niece did nothing to help me.

He untied me and I ran into the bathroom. Perfect timimg! His nieces were getting home so if I ran upstairs he would think it was them walking downstairs. Man I took off so fast and ran to my friends who was luckily home. I pounded and screamed to let me in. I called 911. He tried to get in the house. When the ambulance got there he walked right up to them and said "ya, I'm George, I'm, the one you're looking for" He was so proud of himself. I was rushed to the ER after nearly having a hear attack.

So not all have happy endings.

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Yikes luckies, but you can meet a batterer anywhere, not just the 'net. I will be staying in a motel/hotel and will have enough traveller's cheques or whatever with me if something happens (which it will not). I met my ex off an internet dating thing, and he's not a psycho, just a passive-aggressive $$$$%$ hehehe.

primabella
01-19-2003, 02:19 PM
omg, luckies! that is so scary! you are so lucky to be alive! :eek: please be careful, no matter what.

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey you don't make it to the ripe old age of almost 29 without being just a little careful :D

ChrisH
01-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Lalania, good luck, hope it all goes well for you!:)

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Thanks Chris
won't be for a long long time until we actually meet :) gotta save up some money and wait until i can get some time off work.

Twisterdog
01-19-2003, 02:51 PM
I live a few hours north of Ogden, and go there to buy dogfood. :) There's a big Petco on Riverdale Road, if you want to have a date in a petstore. ;)

Salt Lake City is a fun city ... it's big enough so that's it's not completely Mormon. Quite a few of my friends have moved to Salt Lake City, and there haven't had any problems, being non-Mormons. Now, the little towns in Utah are an entirely different kettle of fish. :rolleyes:

Good luck, I hope this works out the way you want it to. :)

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 02:54 PM
cool TD!! could you maybe scope around for a cheaply priced motel/hotel for me when you're out and about? I am a bit nervous because I know next-to-nothing about the whole state, let alone the city :)

moosmom
01-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Lalania,

Please be careful. I wish you lots of luck and hope it's everything you want it to be. Be safe and let us know how you make out. Pssssst....find out if he's got a single brother, uncle, father, nephew, friend, okay??? :D

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 03:40 PM
LOL @ moosmom :D

wolf_Q
01-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I live a few hours north of Ogden, and go there to buy dogfood. :) There's a big Petco on Riverdale Road, if you want to have a date in a petstore. ;)

Salt Lake City is a fun city ... it's big enough so that's it's not completely Mormon. Quite a few of my friends have moved to Salt Lake City, and there haven't had any problems, being non-Mormons. Now, the little towns in Utah are an entirely different kettle of fish. :rolleyes:

Good luck, I hope this works out the way you want it to. :)

Lol, I'm from a small town....it's not one of those many "middle-of-nowhere" small towns though. I'm in Utah County, around the Provo-Orem-American Fork area. Even though I *am* LDS (though a rather crappy one, I don't go to church) some of the people that are *extremely* "churchy" drive me insane also. I had a friend growing up that her parents thought I was this evil "bad influence" and wouldn't let their kids witness anything of the outside world....I referred to this as the "plastic bubble syndrome" lol. Anyway, a few people don't speak for an entire religion though, so don't take my comments to heart please.

Anyway, Twister, Lalania, and anyone else near/coming to Utah.......maybe we could meet up at a Petco or Petsmart Salt Lake City way sometime. Bring the dogs...though I'm sure you can't bring ALL your dogs, Twister. ;)

COCatMama
01-20-2003, 02:25 AM
That'd be awesome!! Juneau won't be making the trip with me tho :( I live waaaaay up near Vancouver, BC Canada :)