PDA

View Full Version : I helped save a dog today!!!

lovemyshiba
01-18-2003, 10:40 PM
So I went to Wegmann's to get an ice cream cake for the hubby's birthday, and when I came out of the store, a little brown dog was standing there waiting to go in. I asked the people there if it was theirs and they said no. So I grabbed her by the collar, and the people were like, "why are you grabbing her, how do you know she's nice and won't bite you?" Well, she had the sweetest look on her face, and a collar, but no tags. I had some treats in my pocket, so I fed her a little, and the one guy said he would go in and tell them to make an announcement. Apparently the cart guy saw they doggie jump out of the owner's van:eek:
Well, something caught her eye, and she got away from me--she pulled right out of her collar!!! So off I went, along with the cart guy--through the parking lot, out by the highway (yikes), down past Dicks, and past Target, around all of the stores at least 3 times--she just wouldn't come to us. All the while, I'm looking for a frantic owner, but I didn't see anyone. The cart guy gave up, but I went in and told the managers--they said they would tell security. I told the managers of the other 2 stores, and they just said ok. Then I went out again, and followed her all the way past Target, and then she went off into a field beside there---a while down the road is Lowes, and I figured that's where she was heading. As I am trying to coax her to come to me, a van pulls up with a lady yelling "Heidi" and crying. She parked her van, and chased her through the field. I went halfway with her, but realized it was sort of out of my hands at that point, but walked slowly back, praying the whole time that Heidi didn't run out into traffic. As I was returning to my car, the van came back, and Heidi was in the front seat!!!!!!! The lady pulled over and thanked me a million times, and told me I was an angel.

I've never been so determined to do something as I was to find that dog,and make sure she made it home safely. I was very upset looking for her, because part of me thought it was my fault, and mostly I feared for her so near the highway.

Heidi truly had a guardian angel today, perhaps one of our own looking down on her from the Rainbow Bridge--I'm so glad she made it home safely.

Aspen and Misty
01-18-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm so glad everything worked out! Thats such a great story to hear, Im glad it ended well. And what an angel you are for Helping the lady find her dog, I know I would want someone like you to help me find My Chewy if he ws ever lost!

Ash

ps: I see you live at state college, we visit there often to go shoppin :D

sammi
01-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Little sweet Heidi made it home! Thank the good lord you were around - someone else might have not cared.

primabella
01-19-2003, 08:16 AM
congratulations! heidi was very lucky to have you there for her! great job :D

Jessica12345
01-19-2003, 11:29 AM
you are an angel for doing that for hedi! thank you so much! she is so lucky and im sure thankful for u to be here.:)

KYS
01-19-2003, 11:48 AM
You truely are an Angel. I can just imagine how
frantic the woman was, to find her dog not in her
Van. Glad you made this story have a happy ending.