PDA

View Full Version : This world is not fair, it is full of tragedy.

Twisterdog
01-18-2003, 12:05 PM
Yesterday my cousin was standing on the sidewalk in front of his house. A full-sized van driven by two teenagers came barreling down the street, and intentionally swerved and hit him. No drugs or alcohol were present in the driver's blood.

He was life-flighted to Utah, to a bigger hospital. There is no hope. They are turning off his life support today. He will die today.

He is 32 years old, married, with two boys in grade school. A wonderful dad and husband, a hard-worker, the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.

I've grown up with him since we were babies.

Why, why, why?

luckies4me
01-18-2003, 12:10 PM
OMG Twisterdog I am so sorry that this terrible thing has happened to you! Just know that at least he will not be suffering any longer and will be smiling down on you and his wonderful family.

I sure hope those teenagers are sent to prison for life or worse!:mad:

My thoughts are with you dear.:(

Karen
01-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

RockyRoad
01-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Oh I am so sorry. God bless him, his family, and his friends like you. What idiots, to hit an innocent man. Prayers are on the way from us.

Kfamr
01-18-2003, 12:15 PM
....I'm so sorry....:( :(

iceyshiver21
01-18-2003, 12:18 PM
somebody hit my brother swearved and hit my brother once, at a Pairie day festival, he only came out of it with a huge huge bruise, but still there was no sense to it, and again thisis where my fav. quote, "The more I get to know People, the More I LOVE animals"

COCatMama
01-18-2003, 01:06 PM
I'm sooooooooooooo sorry TD :( :( 'lot of sick, twisted just plain evil people in this world. What a WASTE.

ChrisH
01-18-2003, 01:31 PM
I am so sorry :(

All Creatures Great And Small
01-18-2003, 01:40 PM
I don't even have words for this, I am so shocked. I am so sorry for you and your family, especially his wife and children, who will have to go on without him. It's a sick world, indeed, where teens are so densensitized to violence that they would play a real "video game" with a real victim, as it seems they did. When you are feeling up to it, I would like to hear what happens to the driver of the van. I also hope that your cousin was signed up as an organ donor - the loss of his short life could save so many others, so that he could live on in them.

sammi
01-18-2003, 02:46 PM
I am very sorry for you and your family.

Barbara
01-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Shanna, I'm so sorry for you and your family. It's difficult enough these days for you. Don't know what to say.

popcornbird
01-18-2003, 03:21 PM
OMG! :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: I am so sorry! No words can express my shock and sorrow. :( I know how very close and dear cousins can be. Many are just as close as brothers and sisters. I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my cousin a few years back in the same way (except that it wasn't on purpose). My 15 year old cousin was walking to school when a huge bus zoomed on the road and ran over him. (The bus driver didn't see him as he was a "small" (in size) boy and the bus was so high, nevertheless, the driver is in jail for life now. His shirt got caught under the wheel and the bus dragged him for a while. His ribs were all crushed and he died instantly. :( That was the worst loss our family has ever had. Its been about 7 years now, but my aunt still cannot bear to hear his name. She just bursts out crying. He was her first child of 5, and her dearest little boy. He was my mom's favorite nephew, and my brother's favorite cousin. We were in total shock because no one expects such a sudden death of a 15 year old child.
I am so very sorry for you terrible loss and pray that the teenagers that did this to your cousin, get what they deserve both in this world and in the hereafter.

HoRsELUvR
01-18-2003, 06:30 PM
omg that is awful!:( i am so sorry this happened.words cannot express how awful this is.seriously,some people in this world:mad: Again,i am really sorry and i wish people would not do these things.

mugsy
01-18-2003, 07:02 PM
Shanna, I'm so sorry for your loss. Such senselessness. Did the kids give ANY reason?

AmberLee
01-18-2003, 08:48 PM
What a shock. Holding your family, and especially his widow and children in my prayers. What a senseless waste... How sick.

Miss Meow
01-18-2003, 11:01 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your family. What an awful waste of life. I don't know what else to say, but please know that we are thinking of you at this time.

Twisterdog
01-18-2003, 11:06 PM
I just found out today that the kid driving the van was just released from jail on a prior conviction .... three days ago.

His "reason" was, "I was high." Drug tests have not come back from the lab yet.

COCatMama
01-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Oh man, I hope they nail him. What a joke..the old "I was high" excuse, well nobody put the crackpipe in his hands.

:mad:

mugsy
01-19-2003, 12:17 AM
I hope for your sake and your family's that they nail this guy to the wall. Is he a minor?? Please let us know. You're in our thoughts

Twisterdog
01-19-2003, 12:29 AM
He's seventeen. I am praying he is tried as an adult.

mugsy
01-19-2003, 01:17 AM
fight for it!! I'll write a letter if t will help and you need it.

primabella
01-19-2003, 10:28 AM
oh, i am sooo sorry twisterdog!! :mad: there are just some real jerks in this world :mad: i am praying for you and your family. i really hope he gets what he deserves and is tried as an adult. that excuse is too lame..come on..:mad:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-19-2003, 08:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear such horrible news! :( Sometimes you really have to wonder what this world is coming to - and then you run across some absolutely wonderful teenager and your faith is restored.

"Being high" is no excuse and I hope they prosocute as an adult, and to the fullest extent of the law. This is murder if you ask me. May not have been pre-meditated, but it was certainly intentional.

Thoughts and prayers are going out to your family, and especially to his kids - how do you explain something like this to them?

So sad....:(

Tina
01-19-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin:( I really hope that the teenagers in the van get what they deserve:mad: My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

toughCookie
01-19-2003, 09:53 PM
oh, what a horrible, tragic thing to happen to your family!
I am so sorry to hear this, I also hope they nail the sick kid that did that.

wolf_Q
01-19-2003, 11:59 PM
This is so sad.......what a horrible tragedy.....I really don't know what to say. This is just awful. I hope the kid is tried as an adult.

Twisterdog
01-20-2003, 12:58 AM
Update ....

We found out the driver's name today. None of us know him, thank goodness! He was denied bond, which is a good thing! So, he's still in jail. Apparently, the passenger in the van is telling all to the police, which hopefully will also be a good thing.

One of the policemen advised us to "get a very good lawyer." That confused me .... I thought charges were filed by the state in a criminal case? Do we have the option of hiring a prosecution lawyer? I thought that was only for civil suits. Man, this is something I thought I'd never have to learn about.

lynnestankard
01-20-2003, 03:56 AM
That's terrible Shanna - I'm holding his wife and children in my thoughts and prayers - how on earth they will come to terms with this I don't know. Just too sad for words.

Lynne

Barbara
01-20-2003, 06:37 AM
The lawyer may be important if it comes to money, compensation sums etc. Maybe you can pm Cataholic, she's a lawyer.

Good luck!

Aspen and Misty
01-20-2003, 10:14 AM
O I am so sorry! I hope everything works out and I will be praying for the mother and kids. Please hang in there.

Ash

ramanth
01-20-2003, 10:16 AM
Oh Shanna.... words cannot express the shock and grief I feel for you and your family. How unfair. My deepest sympathies.

I pray, for your sake, that the..the...ohhh I can't say for there are children here... is tried as an adult.

Hugs

Chinadoll
01-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Oh my!! Words cannot express how very sorry I am for you and your family. How terribly tragic. I hope that kid spends the rest of his life in jail thinking about what he did. You and your family will be in my prayers. ((hugs))

NoahsMommy
01-20-2003, 12:32 PM
That is so terrible!! :(

I'm so sorry for the pain and suffering you and your family are going through. :( :( :(

He should be tried as an adult, especially if he has prior convictions.

Your family will be in my prayers. Please take care.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Twisterdog, I know this is a few days too late, but I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. How unfortunate for his wife and kids :(

Twisterdog
01-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Oh, it's not too late ... this is going to be going on for a long time. I sincerely appreciate everyone's messages. When a little more time has passed, I'm going to print this thread and give it to Jimmy's mom to read. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. This is going to be a long, long road. The funeral is Friday.

gini
01-20-2003, 10:41 PM
I cannot begin to tell you how saddened I am to read of your tremendous loss. My deepest sympathies go out to your entire family. Life is such a mystery and there is no easy answer to WHY? I am sure the pain your family is feeling is huge and you can be assured you will have my prayers.

anna_66
01-21-2003, 08:28 AM
I know no words can help heal the hurt you have right now, but just know you & your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Anna

Dixieland Dancer
01-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Please accept my deepest sympathy. It is such a tragic and senseless loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

luckies4me
01-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Your family is still in my thoughts and prayers:)

lynnestankard
01-21-2003, 02:35 PM
TD - I'll be keeping the family especially in my prayers on Friday - God it's going to be so sad for them - please give them the strength they need.

Lynne