PDA

View Full Version : duh--just learned how to use the kong

lovemyshiba
01-18-2003, 09:19 AM
I knew you could stick treats inside of them, but never tried it. Last night, at my mother-in-laws, her pom puppy was nuts, so I put a little treat in his tiny puppy kong--we didn't hear from him for at least 30 minutes. I came home and put one in ours, and the dogs were content for at least that long, until Abbey got it out. Now Kito has it, and I haven't heard a sound for 20 minutes, except for his teeth scratching on it!!
I'm going to buy another one today (fairness)--what a great toy!!

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Kongs are wonderful! Oneo f my favorite treats to give the girls is to start with a little PB, throw in a little kibble and then put a canned cheese seal! They love it!

Cookiebaker
01-18-2003, 09:57 AM
There is sooo much you can do with a kong...put a little dab of peanut butter at the very end of the kong...melt some cheese in it and then freeze...mix dry food with a little gravy, fill kong, and then freeze....the possibilities are endless. They have a lot of ideas on the kong website. Malone *loves* his kong!!

lovemyshiba
01-18-2003, 10:00 AM
RIght now Kito has the treat halfway out, and is guarding it with his life. Ab keeps barking at him, but he is just watching the Kong, and I think laughing at her, because he has the treat.

manda99
01-18-2003, 02:01 PM
I can't wait for the summer -
Fill with fruit chunks and some fruit juice/water and freeze.
A great, cold outside treat for the dogs. Of course, my dog always goes in the dirt and eats it so it seems nasty but he still likes it.

But year round I constantly fill them with kibble, treats, leftover meat from dinner, peanut butter, etc.
I need to try the kibble & gravy. I bet he'd LOVE that!

Kfamr
01-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Simba doesn't really like the kong, Honey does though. Simba like it sometimes if i put some kibble in it, but he gets bored of it after he cant get it out.

RubyMutt
01-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Yes, Kongs can work wonders, can't they? :) A lot of times when I need to do my homework and Ruby wants to play I'll fix her up a Kong concoction and then she's happy and busy :)