PDA

View Full Version : The Cat Train - Vermont to Chicago

Edwina's Secretary
01-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Photos of the Lake Shore Limited.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pa7c3d82fb70f4faa534a88c10ca19afd/fcc3e580.jpg

and look what is waiting for them when they get to Chicago!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pc2e3cf876768d9a0a15db3ff47523cbe/fcc3e582.jpg

(Notice Edwina keeping an eye out for the paparazzi!)

sasvermont
01-17-2003, 09:26 PM
How funny is this? I haven't laughed this hard in ages. What a riot!

Somebody has been very busy being creative!

;)

AmberLee
01-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Oh, so creative! Hope you all have a marvelous visit and that the photographers don't bother you too much.

{{{snugglies!}}}

All Creatures Great And Small
01-17-2003, 11:45 PM
LOVE IT! TOO FUNNY! :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-18-2003, 01:34 AM
LOL This is too funny. :D

koxka
01-18-2003, 01:56 AM
Ah , that's too good! :D

And Millie and Graemer in lthe train too! ....is that Gabe will introduce his familly to Winny? ... Uh, it's sounds "engagement"!

And is the balck kitty Tubby,waiting for Millie? How nice from him bringing her balloons... (Uh, poor Samantha).

Debbie wacht out you kitty :o He is a true LATIN LOVER :D

01-18-2003, 06:23 AM
I WANNA GET ON THAT TRAIN TOO MOMMY !!!

01-18-2003, 06:24 AM
ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pam
01-18-2003, 06:53 AM
There are no words to describe how funny this thread is!! Who needs television and movies when there is something this interesting going on at Pet Talk! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vermontcat
01-18-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by koxka
Ah , that's too good! :D

And Millie and Graemer in lthe train too! ....is that Gabe will introduce his familly to Winny? ... Uh, it's sounds "engagement"!

And is the balck kitty Tubby,waiting for Millie? How nice from him bringing her balloons... (Uh, poor Samantha).

Debbie wacht out you kitty :o He is a true LATIN LOVER :D

Samantha said she was thrilled to see Tubby there with a gift. (she is in the back seat of the train)
She and Tubby have gone off sightseeing now, I think to the art museum first.
I'm not sure of Graemer and Miley's plans or what Gabe and Edwina will be doing.

Edwina's mom sure does take some great photos!:D

Cataholic
01-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Oh, they are going to have such fun this weekend!!!

catmandu
01-18-2003, 09:40 AM
I showed your thread to the cat lovers at the library and everyone is laughing! Just the way to make our day! Meeeow Ha Ha Meeeeow!

01-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Miss SARA , please , did you see our message ? We'd love to get on that train too ; PLEEZ !!!

Maya & Inka

Edwina's Secretary
01-18-2003, 10:14 AM
I'll speak to the conductor (when she wakes up) and see what she can do!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
She and Tubby have gone off sightseeing now, I think to the art museum first.
I'm not sure of Graemer and Miley's plans or what Gabe and Edwina will be doing.

Yes, they have all arrived, as evidenced by all the lugguge in our foyer.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p7632eadfcb8f16836ed5b773792b4731/fcc370c8.jpg

Then Tubby patiently waited while they all freshened up.....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p814d87aa8379d99deac13f7dc89d4ba0/fcc370cb.jpg

Saw that it was snowing, so they decided to do some indoor touristing first (like the art museum) then this afternoon when the sun comes out, they might head to Navy Pier.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/ped1f4f86ca8f1423ae62e6eb9420a5f3/fcc36e25.jpg

I think they decided that Edwina and Gabe would site see with Tubby and Samantha for awhile because then Peanut could tag along too. She didn't really want to go with Graemer and Miley since they wanted to check out the college scene and Peanut felt she was a little too old for that, and if Edwina & Gabe went on their own, Peanut would have felt like a third wheel with T & S, so they all went together - which is why they had to drop all the luggage off first - not enough room in the car for all them and all that luggage.

Anyway, they were going to drop G & M off down near DePaul for that college scene stuff, and that's the last I heard before they headed out........

Barbara
01-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Maya and Inka, wouldn't it be better if you catch a flight from Brussels to Chicago? And do you have your passports ready!
This isn't EC anymore?

If you should meet Miley and Graemer. Give them nosekissies from Filou!

I agree to Koxka: Gabe bringing his family -this sounds serious!! (I must admit I wouldn't have expected that. I always thought that a guy as beautiful as him would not be honest with the girls;) ;) )

All Creatures Great And Small
01-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Everytime I open this thread, I start singing (with apologies to the O'Jays for mangling their song):

Kitties all over the world
Join paws
Start a cat train
Cat train........

:D

01-18-2003, 11:10 AM
No ........... :( :( :( :( . We are VERY dissapointed ..!
Next time , pleeeeez let us know a bit earlier , so we can book our tickets in time ...

See , I am really crying ...
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/geeuwen1.jpg

Randi
01-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by lut
See , I am really crying ...
You cheeky little kitty - you're not crying, you're yawning!! :D ;)

Lut, that's a priceless picture - again!

Pam
01-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Everytime I open this thread, I start singing (with apologies to the O'Jays for mangling their song):

Join paws
Start a cat train
Cat train........

ACGAS - :D :D :D! Now I will have that song in my head for the rest of the day! Oh this thread is soooooo funny!! I can hardly wait for the next installment!

koxka
01-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Samantha said she was thrilled to look Tubby there with a gift. (she is in the back seat of the train)

Sorry Samantha!
I didn't see you in the back seat. I should see closer :rolleyes:
I beg your pardon :o

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small

Join paws
Start a cat train
Cat train........

LOL!!! I've had the same song running through my mind, too! Who would have thought that the kitties would be such world travelers?:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I haven't heard a word from the gang since they left earlier today. They must be doing some serious touristing - and maybe they all went out for a nice dinner somewhere. I'll leave the porch light on for them in case they come in late tonight.

:) :)

Vermontcat
01-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Tubby & Peanut's Mom, I did get a call from Samantha around dinner time that they were out at a lovely Seafood Restaurant with a great view of Chicago's city lights! I would expect that Tubby and Samantha and probably Peanut too would be turning in earlier than the others so they should be home pretty soon. Thank you so much for letting Samantha and her friends stay with you.:)

AdoreMyDogs
01-18-2003, 09:07 PM
I am not around PT very much anymore, but when I am and I read posts like this it really motivates me to come around more often. Sara, you crack me up! You all do! LOL, some really great humor and some really creative minds at work here in Cat General :D

smokey the elder
01-19-2003, 09:06 AM
The gang will go out for seafood, then to a private catnip establishment along Lake Shore Drive. ;) :p

Randi
01-19-2003, 09:41 AM
HAVE YOU HEARD...... Maya & Inka got lost on the train to Chigaco!! :eek:

Wherever have they ended up!!! Can't wait for an update! :D

sasvermont
01-19-2003, 10:16 AM
From what I understand, Chicago was too darn cold and my three came home last evening, very late. I heard the door open to the downstairs, last night around 3AM. Then I heard the usually hissing etc. (I don't want to come in quite yet expressions) from Gabe as he came in the door and then the scampering of my two light-footed ones. They are all sleeping right now. I will quiz them this afternoon, as to what happened and why they are home so soon!

They look exhausted!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
They are all sleeping right now. I will quiz them this afternoon, as to what happened and why they are home so soon!
They look exhausted!;)

Yes, I was surprised too! Samantha, Tubby & Peanut showed up around 9:00 pm last night and were pretty tired after their big day of touristing. They went to bed just about as soon as they got home, so I didn't get any details out of them then.

Then this morning when I woke up, this is what I saw
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pb241f287cb32434018806f8e5ab14cb9/fcc22b70.jpg

Tubby was so happy to finally be able to snuggle with someone. They got up, had some breakfast, Terry gave them a Cat Sip treat (since Tubby was demanding it) and then they went to the back window. Since it was dark last night when they got home, Tubby couldn't really show Samantha around his "territory," so he had to show it off to her this morning.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p3f5c78558cbf4518856f52cd7743f466/fcc22b74.jpg

After that they took another little nap, then they had to head back downtown to get Samantha and all their luggage on the train back to Vermont. Since Graemer, Miley and Gabe left on the spur of the moment, they didn't come back here to get their luggage.

Tubby hasn't gotten back from dropping Samantha off yet, so I didn't get full details, but they did mention that they had been to the Shedd Aquarium, which made them real hungry after looking at all those fishies, so that's why they went for seafood for dinner.

Samantha was very sweet and thanked me profusely for allowing her to visit Tubby, and for all my hospitality. She also expressed her wishes that he come and visit her sometime and I said that would be entirely possible. Perhaps this spring when Vermont is in full bloom. :)

Barbara
01-19-2003, 02:30 PM
My oh my, what a beautiful couple they are:D :D

So nice to watch young lovers:)

Vermontcat
01-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Then this morning when I woke up, this is what I saw
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pb241f287cb32434018806f8e5ab14cb9/fcc22b70.jpg
She also expressed her wishes that he come and visit her sometime and I said that would be entirely possible. Perhaps this spring when Vermont is in full bloom. :)

How sweet, they look so happy together!;)

I am going to meet Samantha at the train station in a little while.
She did send me an e-mail using her laptop on the train and mentioned some kind of "incident" happened at either the Aquarium or the Restaurant possibly involving a member of the paparazzi and Gabe?
I know she will be very tired when she gets home but perhaps later I may get more of the story from her. She also mentioned some photos she would like to share too.
Looking forward to seeing what they have planned for Valentine's Day!:D

Pam
01-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Quote (sasvermont):
From what I understand, Chicago was too darn cold and my three came home last evening, very late. I heard the door open to the downstairs, last night around 3AM. Then I heard the usually hissing etc. (I don't want to come in quite yet expressions) from Gabe as he came in the door and then the scampering of my two light-footed ones. They are all sleeping right now. I will quiz them this afternoon, as to what happened and why they are home so soon!

They look exhausted!

:D :D :D :D

Quote (vermont cat)
She did send me an e-mail using her laptop on the train and mentioned some kind of "incident" happened at either the Aquarium or the Restaurant possibly involving a member of the paparazzi and Gabe?

A kitty with her own laptop! :D :D :D