PDA

View Full Version : Super Karen! A boxer's friend.

BoxerLover
08-28-2001, 10:17 AM
No I'm not talking about the Karens' in Pet Talk, but they are super too! lol! Today at 3:00 I am going to Karen's house and she has SIX BOXERS! And Nikki is coming to see the gang! I can't wait! After Nikki got transported from the shelter in Detroit, she went to Karen's house and thats were we saw her for the first time and brought her home! Thats what Karen does! She brings boxers into her home (besides her own six) and lets them stay there until they find a good home so they dont have to stay in a dirty shelter! When we got Nikki, she was 10 months old, she had kennel cough, infected lips, was SEVERELY underweight, and she was pregnet! Karen said that if she stayed in the shelter any longer than she did, she would have died from of all of her illnesses. Karen is a wonderful person to do this for Nikki and hundredes of other helpless boxers. I just wanted to tell you because I look up to her soo much!

Dixie Belle
08-28-2001, 11:14 AM
Sounds like ya'll are a good group of people. Maybe Karen should join us here?

karen israel
08-28-2001, 02:10 PM
Yeah, Erika..I know! One of my best friends adopted his boxer (another Sadie) from a foster home where there were 6 boxers too! Although I don't have a boxer, my uncle did when I was very small (I rememebr she was bigger than me, but even then I was never afraid)and my friend has asked me to a Boxer Picnic this month! What fun!!! Lots, and Lots of Boxers! All sizes, shapes, colors. I'm hoping to go. Wish you lived closer, you'd be in Boxer Heaven! And, yes, we Karen's are great!! HAHAHA! :D

zippy-kat
08-28-2001, 03:00 PM
A boxer picnic?! I WANNA GO!!! :D

If you make it, please take lots and lots of pics!! I'd love to see them!

Sara wants to know if she can come too...
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/PZ/1x/4M/2O71114.jpg
*notice the puppy eyes* :D

karen israel
08-29-2001, 08:32 AM
I'm a sucker for puppy-eyes which is why my Cody gets away with murder! :rolleyes:

BoxerLover
08-29-2001, 09:11 AM
Zippy-Kat!
You have a boxer!! Oh my word! Thats what my new boxer, Stella, is going to look like! Ahhhhhh! :D A brindle, flashy, uncropped, female boxer! I am getting Stella when we move, next summer! Right now I have a fawn, flashy, cropped(not by my choice), female boxer named Nikki! Aren't boxers great? :)

BoxerLover
08-29-2001, 09:15 AM
Zippy,
I saved Sara's pic because she is soo pretty! I hope thats what Stella looks like!
Boxers Rule!

AdoreMyDogs
08-29-2001, 09:28 AM
Is Sara doing nursie-nursie on that blankie? She looks like she is :) I love the look of boxers with natural ears. Sara is so adorable...and of course so is Nikki!

zippy-kat
08-29-2001, 10:17 AM
Boxers are great! Such clowns!

No, Sara wasn't nursing on the blanket. lol but your right--that's exactly what it looks like! :D

auggie
08-29-2001, 07:57 PM
Zippy-Kat, this is my Son's Dog Oscar
http://members.home.net/three17seventy8/oscarR.jpg

zippy-kat
08-29-2001, 08:26 PM
OHHHHHH....how cute is he?! What a sweetie!

Daisy's Mom
08-29-2001, 08:49 PM
What adorable boxers! I am in love with Sara's eyes... she'd get away with a lot here with those big eyes! That's why my Basset Daisy gets away with everything! I can't say no to the eyes! And dogs really know how to work them, don't they!?

shais_mom
08-29-2001, 11:33 PM
Erica!!
So glad you are back!! how is JO JO and Hunter (?) We missed you both!!
Are you planning on getting one and naming her Stella or do you have her picked out already and they are just going to let you wait for her next year>?

BoxerLover
08-30-2001, 04:53 PM
Hey!
I am getting another boxer named Stella next year. I don't have one picked out yet, I just know that I want one like Sara becaus eshe will look so cute with Nikki! Jojo is real busy so she hasn't been on here much.